Team Size

VampyreLord

If there is a serious dedication for a new game, you won't need any new coders.

This means, if you got enough artists who would work for you, then the GemRB team (at least me), would be happy to help with the coding (engine) part.

You will need 1-2 AI scripters too, but we could do some of that work too.

It's interesting that you mention the backgrounds - they're probably somewhat simpler to make than you'd imagine. As I understand, the backgrounds are actually just hand-made paintings (oil on canvas maybe?) that were scanned.

Given that method of making backgrounds, you could do some really cool things... I'd love to see an ethereal realm painted with dark watercolors.

It's interesting that you mention the backgrounds - they're probably somewhat simpler to make than you'd imagine. As I understand, the backgrounds are actually just hand-made paintings (oil on canvas maybe?) that were scanned.

Given that method of making backgrounds, you could do some really cool things... I'd love to see an ethereal realm painted with dark watercolors.

Really? I'd expected something substantially more philistine.

Still, I guess that sounds more feasible...

In BG series? They are pre-rendered.

Still, it is possible to make alternative graphics that don't require knowledge of 3D. Hand-drawn/painted graphics could be pretty cool - you have to find a scanner that can scan such big images, though.

Personally, I'm using 8-bit backgrounds for my mod :thumbsup: .

Archived