portraits

gastu

I know this is a total noob question... but how do I change portrait files into bitmap images? I'm using Vista and for some reason when I try to "save as", the file type option bar wont let me select anything but whatever the original file type is. In other words, if I'm trying to download a jpeg file, the file type bar will only allow me to select jpeg, or all files... which seems to want to change all files to jpeg... I know in the past I've been able to change these files... been away from a computer for about a year, and for some reason I can't remember how to do this... help.

I know this is a total noob question... but how do I change portrait files into bitmap images? I'm using Vista and for some reason when I try to "save as", the file type option bar wont let me select anything but whatever the original file type is. In other words, if I'm trying to download a jpeg file, the file type bar will only allow me to select jpeg, or all files... which seems to want to change all files to jpeg... I know in the past I've been able to change these files... been away from a computer for about a year, and for some reason I can't remember how to do this... help.
Right click on the picture, Save As and type the *name_8_letters_max*.bmp ... or you could simply open the .jpg file in any image editing tool, like MSPaint, and use the Save As function, as sometimes the right click on picture doesn't actually produce understandable picture for the game...
Right click on the picture, Save As and type the *name_8_letters_max*.bmp ... or you could simply open the .jpg file in any image editing tool, like MSPaint, and use the Save As function, as sometimes the right click on picture doesn't actually produce understandable picture for the game...

Excellent :thumbsup: . Opened the pic I wanted in Paint, saved it as a 24-bit bitmap image, and it worked. I'm wondering if there is a way to get the "save as" bar to include bitmap images when trying to download them off of the internet. This would avoid having to do this for every image I download... got quite a few. Got any ideas?

Thanks Jarno Mikkola.

Archived