Installation Order

prowler

The HoW patch is useless since Trials of the Luremaster has the last patch.

Here's an install which worked with me:

1. IWD

2. HOW

3. Trials of the Luremaster

4. IWD_Tweaks-v10

5. iwd_unfinished_business-v2

But it lacks IWD Npc project and ItemUpgrade_IWD against your install.

Here's an install which worked with me:

1. IWD

2. HOW

3. Trials of the Luremaster

4. IWD_Tweaks-v10

5. iwd_unfinished_business-v2

That order didn't exactly work for me, unless I only installed the 'fixes' component from Tweak Pack. For some reason two components from UB (Presio's duel and one other) return ERROR if I install other tweaks beforehand.

Does anyone know where/how to report this?

That order didn't exactly work for me, unless I only installed the 'fixes' component from Tweak Pack. For some reason two components from UB (Presio's duel and one other) return ERROR if I install other tweaks beforehand.

Does anyone know where/how to report this?

Here in a new thread/topic, and remember to include the setup-ub_iwd.debug files content, you can open the file with Notepad...

Sorry to necro, but this seems to be an open question. Here's the list of things I'm trying to install, in the most intuitive order I could come up with:

- Icewind Dale

- Icewind Dale Patch 1.06

- Heart of Winter

- Heart of Winter Patch 1.41

- Icewind Dale Fixpack 1

- Icewind Dale Unfinished Business 5

- Icewind Dale Item Upgrade 3

- Icewind Dale Improved BAMs 2

- Widescreen Mod 3.05

Will this work? Can anyone here offer any help?

- Icewind Dale Patch 1.06

- Heart of Winter

- Heart of Winter Patch 1.41

Well, you got HOW, why not install the latest official patch that is the "Trials of the Luremaster" v1.42.. and there is no need to double patch the game, so the v106 is not needed, as it's already in the HOW.

You can download the TotLm v1.42 patch from here for example.

But the other order sounds fine.

I would love to try this installation

- Icewind Dale

- Heart of Winter

- Trails of Luremaster

- Icewind Dale Fixpack 1

- Widescreen Mod 3.05

but I keep getting errors about running the infintiy engine folder. I run Vista.

I uninstalled the original and HOW unpatched and want to completely eliminate and start from the beginning with fresh installs and tweaks etc.

I would love to try this installation

- Icewind Dale

- Heart of Winter

- Trails of Luremaster

- Icewind Dale Fixpack 1

- Widescreen Mod 3.05

but I keep getting errors about running the infintiy engine folder. I run Vista.

I uninstalled the original and HOW unpatched and want to completely eliminate and start from the beginning with fresh installs and tweaks etc.

I'd recommend Icewind Dale Tweaks v12, which contains a lot of useful tweaks. If I recall, that package also has a better improved BAMs component, and you shouldn't install Improved BAM 2 at all in if you install Tweaks package.

Personally I recommend Auril's Bane too, but I don't know how compatible it is anymore since those mods have changed quite a lot. AB should be installed early in your order.

You should not install the component which allows a paladin to call Presio on one-on-one duel if you use AB (it breaks unistallation). Also, the corrections in Auril's Bane may disable the voiceover in chapter changes, so you might not want to install AB corrections, if you use that package at all.

We can only hope someone would know how to make these things work like a charm again :).

Archived