GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

Notes for All.

SDL 1.3 for Android DOES NOT support touch events. All multitouch code from SyntaxError won't work on Android. Sorry.

thats unfortunate. Are you working on implementing them in SDL? is somebody else? If not are you at all interested in collaborating a workaround using SDL user events?

Notes for All.

SDL 1.3 for Android DOES NOT support touch events. All multitouch code from SyntaxError won't work on Android. Sorry.

thats unfortunate. Are you working on implementing them in SDL? is somebody else? If not are you at all interested in collaborating a workaround using SDL user events?

I talking about this problem with pelya (author of SDL port, that I use). He says that have plans to implement touch events in future.

P.S. Official SDL 1.3 does not support these events too.

Guest glisignoli

Fantastic port!

It's playing pretty flawlessly on my new Asus Transformer.

Just one question though, is it possible to create an on-screen key mapping that will show the mouse pointers current x/y position? Or is this hard-coded into GemRB?

Fantastic port!

It's playing pretty flawlessly on my new Asus Transformer.

Just one question though, is it possible to create an on-screen key mapping that will show the mouse pointers current x/y position? Or is this hard-coded into GemRB?

ctrl-x is hardcoded (and x doesn't work), i didn't see a reason to route this functionality to the guiscript yet.

Guest glisignoli
btw, the game coordinates are different from the screen ones — I guess you would like the latter?

Yes please :cool:

Screen coordinates? Hmm, i have never seen this in the original.

Crap I confused myself. I'm talking about the ability to get the mouse pointer position. Useful for all the gamefaqs etc. I think this was bound to "l" or "x" in BG1. Gives the position of the mouse pointer on the current screen in x/y values.

btw, the game coordinates are different from the screen ones — I guess you would like the latter?

Yes please :cool:

Screen coordinates? Hmm, i have never seen this in the original.

Crap I confused myself. I'm talking about the ability to get the mouse pointer position. Useful for all the gamefaqs etc. I think this was bound to "l" or "x" in BG1. Gives the position of the mouse pointer on the current screen in x/y values.

Yes, but I thought this is an area coordinate. I see no point in telling 0,0 when you point at the top left corner, even if you are on the bottom right of the area. In other words, I thought pointing at the same house in the area would always yield the same numbers.

Guest glisignoli
Yes, but I thought this is an area coordinate. I see no point in telling 0,0 when you point at the top left corner, even if you are on the bottom right of the area. In other words, I thought pointing at the same house in the area would always yield the same numbers.

Yep that's what I'm talking about. So like you said, a house/tree/item location should always give the same x/y coordinates regardless of what position your screen is viewing the area (Does that sound right?). I might check out the repository if I ever get some free time.

Guest glisignoli
Ok, so you wanted area coordinates :cool:

And ctrl-x is not working, because you got no ctrl key?

Don't think I ever tried ctrl+x on my tablet. Not even sure how I could do that.

Archived