[In progress] Faiths and Pantheons mod

yarpen

Yeah, but still I have to assign Holy Symbol to ALL of the priests in-game. Did I said that I'm using my own version of DR's spell system where spells are assigned via item and Gain innate ability opcode? :3 So without Holy Symbol priest's don't have any spells?
Erhm, I don't think you actually have to... as the clab....2da's file only affect joined player characters. :suspect:
Erhm, I don't think you actually have to... as the clab....2da's file only affect joined player characters.

I don't think that's the truth because Divine Remixes removed ALL of the spells, and gave them via. CLAB tables and those 30 clerics did used them. :3

Erhm, I don't think you actually have to... as the clab....2da's file only affect joined player characters.

I don't think that's the truth because Divine Remixes removed ALL of the spells, and gave them via. CLAB tables and those 30 clerics did used them. :3

DR does not remove divine spells from the game, it just makes it so upon levelling up, joinable characters don't automatically gain all spells, but instead only the specific ones designated in their CLABs. The spells a creature already knows and has memorised are stored directly in their .cre file and are unaffected by this change.

You can either leave existing non-joinable creatures as they are, and they'll continue to use spells they should no longer have access to in your sphere system, or you can adjust their spellbooks to give them new spells and remove old ones, and alter their scripts so they cast these spells appropriately.

Ouch, I didn't knew that. :3 Well, custom SCS-like scripts which will be using all of the new spells and whole sphere system (DavidW will be quite mad because of that, sphere system makes your cleric usually far far weaker in the hands of computer).

SCS spellcasting AI usually gives no damn about which spells a creature has, it simply makes the best use of whatever a caster has memorized.

SCS does rewrites priests spellbooks though, so you'd have to bug David until he agrees to include F&P lists.

FWIW, I encourage the development of this mod! It makes sense, as all Forgotten Realms clerics are specialty priests of one or another of the Powers of Toril, according to FR canon. I'm most interested in seeing a specialty priest kit for Mielikki, as currently none exists for BGII, and my planned joinable mod NPC needs this kit, and creating a kit is, I feel, beyond my current level of ability. Mielikki has both rangers and druids among her servants; the rangers are called Needles. They're normally single-classed rangers, but this can be modified, of course, depending on the requirements or efficiency of creating the kit. IIRC, there's also a group of ranger/druids among Mielikki's servants. More special details will be needed in order to make the kit(s) worthwhile, as the canon specialty priest is nothing more than a ranger or druid (or druid/ranger).

That's all the input I can muster on one cup of coffee this morning :)

Happy modding,

Eric

Archived