Abazigal's Lair

Athos

First of all, congratulations on this great mod. I'm almost finishing my first playthrough with it and even though I've missed what is probably the biggest thing (I didn't install improved mages 'cuz when I did I was having my ass kicked far too often, but will in the future), everything else feels great. I can't see myself playing bg without this mod anymore.

But I just felt like congratulating you for the Improved Abazigal's Lair component. I just beat it, and hell, THAT was a true Dragon enclave! When I got back from Amketrhan and beat those two dragons and the game auto-saved I just thought "uh-oh"... It was one of the best fights ever. And the yellow dragon was the hardest dragon fight in the whole game for me. Even more than Saladrex (which had been the hardest 'til then). Anyway, for a total of 9 dragons (counting the optional fight with the green dragon guarding Abazigal's room, and Tama, her companion from Ascension's Improved Abazigal), that was the best sequel in the game IMO. And the only dungeon that forced me to rest before I could finish it.

Congratulations again, and thank you :thumbsup:

First of all, congratulations on this great mod. I'm almost finishing my first playthrough with it and even though I've missed what is probably the biggest thing (I didn't install improved mages 'cuz when I did I was having my ass kicked far too often, but will in the future), everything else feels great. I can't see myself playing bg without this mod anymore.

But I just felt like congratulating you for the Improved Abazigal's Lair component. I just beat it, and hell, THAT was a true Dragon enclave! When I got back from Amketrhan and beat those two dragons and the game auto-saved I just thought "uh-oh"... It was one of the best fights ever. And the yellow dragon was the hardest dragon fight in the whole game for me. Even more than Saladrex (which had been the hardest 'til then). Anyway, for a total of 9 dragons (counting the optional fight with the green dragon guarding Abazigal's room, and Tama, her companion from Ascension's Improved Abazigal), that was the best sequel in the game IMO. And the only dungeon that forced me to rest before I could finish it.

Congratulations again, and thank you :)

Glad you enjoyed it! (I was trying to produce something more in keeping with the "armies of dragons" that you're led to expect at the enclave.)

Archived