Random NPCs Gaining Strange Weapon Proficiencies

Guest Kravick

Guest Kravick

I love the idea of the mod, but unfortunately I'm having a problem with it. Some NPCs I add to my party for the first time and that have NOT been modified end up with weird weapon proficiencies. Anomen, for example, always has 2 points in every weapon skill he normally should have 1 point in. Whats even stranger is he has 2 points in spear which he can't use because of his cleric weapon restriction. He shouldn't even be able to add points to spear. The only NPC I have ever modified was Jaheira so I could get rid of the stupid 2 points in clubs proficiency. Everyone else is untouched.

I installed the "NPC closely matches protagonist experience level on joining" option as well.

Is there a way around this problem or possibly fix it myself?

Mods I have installed:

Official TOB patch.

Fix Pack from this website.

Tweak Pack from this website.

I love the idea of the mod, but unfortunately I'm having a problem with it. Some NPCs I add to my party for the first time and that have NOT been modified end up with weird weapon proficiencies. Anomen, for example, always has 2 points in every weapon skill he normally should have 1 point in. Whats even stranger is he has 2 points in spear which he can't use because of his cleric weapon restriction. He shouldn't even be able to add points to spear. The only NPC I have ever modified was Jaheira so I could get rid of the stupid 2 points in clubs proficiency. Everyone else is untouched.

I installed the "NPC closely matches protagonist experience level on joining" option as well.

Is there a way around this problem or possibly fix it myself?

Mods I have installed:

Official TOB patch.

I remember seeing this discussed before on these boards but don't remember the specifics or even if the issue you're talking about was a result of this mod. For some reason, it seems that this came up last year, and one of the regulars provided info/background about it at that time. All I can suggest is to do a search, either here or on Google.

If the stuff you read there doesn't help, perhaps you could use NI or Shadowkeeper to change his proficiencies once he is in the party.

Hmm. I do seem to start recalling that thing about the spear, and one reply said something that Anomen's backstory was the was training as a knight (for which spears would be a legitimate weapon) and that (maybe?) in one of his dialogues he mentioned using spears for one of the fights. Oh well. Again, can only suggest you search. Sorry.

Good luck,

John

Mods I have installed:

Official TOB patch.

Are you sure the game you installed those mods was a clean one, so the folder you installed the game into.. didn't have any old files that may stay there from an old install...
Some NPCs I add to my party for the first time and that have NOT been modified end up with weird weapon proficiencies... Is there a way around this problem or possibly fix it myself?
The fix would be to use the mod to assign to the NPC what you think the right proficiencies should be.

Archived