Aklon meets Imoen

BigRob

Last year I glanced at the subtitle for the Christmas treat and I thought five years was too long for me to be failing to finish up, but here we are at year six. :) Well, I can only promise to keep working on it and try to get things moving as fast as possible. I've got a few weeks holiday now, which should at least give me a chance to get a boot in on the writing. On that score, I can promise a bit of writing tonight, really!

A Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating it, and for everyone not, enjoy the snippet anyway. :)

But for this year's treat, it's a snippet from Imoen's banters, the one where she and Aklon meet for the first time....

Aklon: So Imoen, I am pleased to meet you at last. <CHARNAME> has spoken of you as we strived to track your location.

Imoen: Oh, so <CHARNAME> has given you all the warnings?

Aklon: I beg your pardon, warnings?

Imoen: Good old <CHARNAME>, I knew <PRO_HESHE> wouldn't let me down. After all, <PRO_HSSHE> hasn't yet.

Aklon: I am suddenly getting a sense of that those warnings would have entailed.

Imoen: Don't you worry about me, my new friend. I don't bite, not ever.

Aklon: That removes one from a panoply of possible hazards. It leaves a considerable number of others, which I will be encountering shortly, no?

Imoen: Don't let it bother you, I'll be gentle. I promise. [End]

Guest Aklon_adoring_Guest

thanks for both the nice wishes and the cute preview <3

and merry christmas to you, too! :)

And Imoen is... just like Imoen, great job! =D (Despite the fact I fear for Aklon that Imoen has just found another vicitm... xD)

Alas, I see, a really wonderful friendship coming there... *giggle* :)

You know what? I think you are just awesome :) (and I believe I already mentioned that I love your Aklon-mod, didn't I? xD)

But... I have a request (and yes, I KNOW I am kind of impaitent XD') but since it has been 6 years now and so on... would you mind to give us what you already have worked on so hard, as an kind of beta-version, please? Pretty, pretty please! :)

I believe you will make a lot of people very happy and... what could be a greater christmas suprise? ;D

"I am suddenly getting a sense of that those warnings would have entailed."

A sense of what those warnings would have entailed?

Still looking forward to Aklon! Yep.

Thanks for the typo spotting and the words of encouragement everyone. :) I'm glad it still looks good after all this time, but you can tell I haven't been through Imoen's banters to lok for errors yet, can't you?

But... I have a request (and yes, I KNOW I am kind of impaitent XD') but since it has been 6 years now and so on... would you mind to give us what you already have worked on so hard, as an kind of beta-version, please? Pretty, pretty please! :)

I believe you will make a lot of people very happy and... what could be a greater christmas suprise? ;D

Possibly having it done before next Christmas? :)

While I could try to do that, the thing is that I haven't done any technical modding, so trying to do that would likely result in quite a long wait anyway while I work out what I'm doing. I'm approaching the end of the SoA part of the writing now, and while I was intending to finish up ToB and release it all in one go, I will probably now get SoA complete and out as a stand alone package and then a complete release once I get ToB finished.

While I could try to do that, the thing is that I haven't done any technical modding, so trying to do that would likely result in quite a long wait anyway while I work out what I'm doing. I'm approaching the end of the SoA part of the writing now, and while I was intending to finish up ToB and release it all in one go, I will probably now get SoA complete and out as a stand alone package and then a complete release once I get ToB finished.

I wonder... how large Aklon's dialogue files are? It's good to hear that you're going to really finish this. :)

I wonder... how large Aklon's dialogue files are? It's good to hear that you're going to really finish this. :)

Well, to give you some idea, Aerie's banters (and her NPC romance) runs to about 60 pages, in a standard printing format (12 point font, slighly more than 2cm margins). There is some repetition for conditional talks and wasted space in there, so I'd knock it down to about 40-45 pages total for her.

But for this year's treat, it's a snippet from Imoen's banters, the one where she and Aklon meet for the first time....

Imoen: Don't you worry about me, my new friend. I don't bite, not ever.

Nice. Of course Aklon's too clever to believe that for a second and if he ends up romancing her, he will probably hope she doesn't really mean that. :)

Aklon: That removes one from a panoply of possible hazards. It leaves a considerable number of others, which I will be encountering shortly, no?

Imoen: Don't let it bother you, I'll be gentle. I promise. [End]

Hah! I get the feeling that Imoen and Aklon will have an interesting friendship no matter what transpires. Good stuff! Thanks for another Christmas treat. :)

Lovely! I must say I'm amazed at how long you keep working on it. Most people would just... float away after such time, so you've got my respect :) And I'm eagerly waiting for it to be finished! (though I'm one of those play-entire-thing-at-once fellows so I'll have to wait until ToB part is finished to fully enjoy the thing :) ) Good luck!

Archived