cmorgan

ToB has some (small) flaws - not many spots a war-weary party has for real interjection, and where there is, it can be a tough road for a player who has played the whole Saga. At this point in the series, I feel like just getting the whole playthrough done, and I suspect without Wheels of Prophecy having been written I would have never played ToB to completion again. But, Aran is around for the long haul, and others might feel differently, so a first pass at these.

For the most part, the tougher the going gets, the more silent he will be. After all, this is not likely to end positively from his point of view, no matter what - by now, he is post-post-post traumatic stress syndrome, never quite believing he is anything but an ordinary soldier, and his best friend/gf/leader gets more incomprehensibly powerful each day. So finding spots for him to naturally have something to say other than "Kill that? Aye. I can do that."

Notes for coders: the PID in SoA and ToB content holds a toggled "on-off" switch, for folks who find his chatter a painful experience. I have slimmed down the interjections for ToB into 6 points for the "silent" crowd. A second consideration is the use of conditions changing the interjection if the PC's alignment ios MASK_EVIL or !MASK_EVIL, and there are a few examples of interjecting into several states but using the samestatename, so that only one of the interjections fires per game, regardless of which section of the dialog tree is taken (a ploy to allow Aran multiple shots at being in-partyto interject, but not have him comment on the same thing over and over).

/* ToB Interjections and commentary */

I_C_T ~HGNYA01~ 2 c-arannyalee /* Why, the Nyalee is I!  The Witch of the Glade, I is called, and for good reason, it is!  But questions...you have so many questions, know I! */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] A witch? Will she turn me into a newt?~
END

I_C_T ~HGNYA01~ 3 c-arannyalee /* Nyalee survives very well, she does, and Nyalee is I!  The Witch of the Glade, they calls me, hee hee!  But so many questions you have! */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Just one. Why in th' nine hells are all you witches messed up in th' head?~
END

I_C_T ~HGNYA01~ 4 c-arannyalee /* You should know, spawn-child, you should know!  Nyalee served the dead master, once, and Nyalee is I!  Hee hee!  But so many questions you have, questions questions! */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Nyalee is I  - nope, accordin' to <charname>, here, that should be 'I am Nyalee'. See, I done listened to all that teachin' you keep pushin' on me.~
END

I_C_T ~HGNYA01~ 5 c-arannyalee /* Tricks, yes!  Nyalee knows many tricks!  Witch of the Glade, they calls me, for many good reasons.  Hee hee!  But so many questions you have! */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Somehow, I doubt there be any good in those reasons, eh, on account o' th' whole servin' evil thing.~
END

I_C_T2 ~SARBOY01~ 1 c-aransboy /* Gromnir has a big army.  When I grow up I want a big army. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Don't we all, boyo, don't we all. It would come in right handy for us right now.~
END

/* plays even with silence set */
I_C_T ~SARKIS01~ 7 c-arankisconf /* My utilization of complex locution is more a reflection of my own superincumbent mental acuity than an aspersion on your circumscribed lexicon. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Chauntea's Basket - what in th' nine hells did he just say?~
END

I_C_T ~SARWAI01~ 1 c-aranwgg /* I wish someone would stand up to them... but everyone's afraid of Gromnir.  *sniff*  I guess I'll just have to put up with it. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Torm's Breath! There be limits to havin' fun wi' th' help. Mayhap we see how they like a little o turnabout, eh?~
END

I_C_T ~SARWAI01~ 1 c-aranwgg /* I wish someone would stand up to them... but everyone's afraid of Gromnir.  *sniff*  I guess I'll just have to put up with it. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Torm's Breath! I know, I know, might makes right. I'll shut my mouth an' go stand in th' corner like a good little sellsword.~
END

I_C_T ~YAGCON~ 12 c-aranyagcon12 /* No need for passbacks - ~I wanted to become part of his unstoppable war machine, to revel in the slaughter, to have my blade drip with the blood of all those Yaga Shura crushed beneath his mighty boot! ~ */ 
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody hells, girl, you be in serious need o' a drink. You seem to have a mite too much energy. Make that several drinks, eh?~
END

I_C_T ~YAGCON~ 18 c-aranyagcon18 /* No need for passbacks - ~I have heard mention of a name from Yaga Shura's past - Nyalee, an old crone who lives in the marshes of the Mir Forests.  She may know Yaga Shura's secrets.~ */ 
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now if I had a trade bar for every evil creature what confided in an old crone in th' wilds, I'd be a rich man. Good thing you don't rightly need one, <charname>.~
END

I_C_T ~YAGCON~ 18 c-aranyagcon18 /* No need for passbacks - ~I have heard mention of a name from Yaga Shura's past - Nyalee, an old crone who lives in the marshes of the Mir Forests.  She may know Yaga Shura's secrets.~ */ 
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now if I had a trade bar for every evil creature what did that, I'd be a rich man. Speakin' o' that, where be your old crone confidant, <charname>?~
END

I_C_T ~SARMEL01~ 49 c-aranmelis49 /* I can show you where that glade is... but it is only speculation.  The key to the giant's invulnerability might lay there, but it might not.  There may be nothing there at all. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Given our bloody luck, there'd be a might more'n nothin'. More like a whole pile o' trouble.~ 
== ~SARMEL01~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MELISSAN] I wish that I had a better answer for you.~
END

I_C_T ~SARMEL01~ 16 c-aranmelis16 /* But Gromnir is mad.  He has barricaded himself in the castle throne room, and his troops run amok through the town with no regard for the lives and rights of the citizens of Saradush. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Been there, eh? Not a pretty sight. No control, an' a bit o trouble spirals into murder, rape, an' worse.~
== ~SARMEL01~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MELISSAN] You say that like there could be worse.~
END

I_C_T ~SARMEL01~ 80 c-aranmelis80 /* He runs a monastic order in a remote village in the Calim Desert...it will serve to both hide you from retribution as well as serve as a base from which you can attack the enclaves of Abazigal and Sendai. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Monks. Well, I done fought alongside some. Might be a base o' operations after all.~
END

I_C_T ~SENDAI~ 15 c-aransendai15 /* NO!  NO!  My Bhaal essence is ripped from my very soul!  Damn you!  But I may yet rob you of the glory of your victory. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Th' only good Drow be a dead Drow, eh? Kiss Shar's arse for me.~
== ~SENDAI~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[sENDAI] I spit on you.~
END

I_C_T ~BAZEYE01~ 0 /* You there! Intruder type! Why do you pester Lord Abazigal's most favored servant? */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Every time we turn around, there be another layer o' servants. I gotta get me some o' them. Spruce a place up, they do.~
END

I_C_T ~BALTH~ 22 c-aranbalth22 /* My plan is much more altruistic.  I have vowed to exterminate all of Bhaal's children, forever wiping the Realms clean of his tainted existence.  You have merely helped me in my goal. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody hells. Either you be mad, or you be th' most driven individual I done met.~
END

I_C_T2 ~BOTSMITH~ 152 c-arancenspy /* Ummm... Cespenar only serve the great one.  You'se nice, maybe, but you'se still a nobody. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Name("c-aran",LastTalkedToBy) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You bloody well sound like that lass I was seein' in Calimport.~
END

I_C_T2 ~BOTSMITH~ 152 c-arancenspy /* Ummm... Cespenar only serve the great one.  You'se nice, maybe, but you'se still a nobody. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Name("c-aran",LastTalkedToBy) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You bloody well sound like that lass I was seein' in Calimport. Err... that was a mite o' time before I met you, <charname>.~
END

I_C_T ~SENBEH01~ 10 c-aranbeholder10 /* Well, yes.  Can't say I cared overmuch for that, although you *did* release me from one of the most boring tasks in Creation.  Can't keep a good beholder down, I guess, eh?  Heh heh. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Cyric's Balls. Never did see th' day when one o' you one-eyed wonders was a right good sort.~
== ~SENBEH01~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[FUNBEHOLDER] Don't let it get around. I have a long memory, and a great work ethic. Wouldn't want to have to hunt you down, you know.~
END

I_C_T ~SARELF01~ 2 /* We have nowhere to stay... we have no choice but to wander the streets.  I fear we will soon run afoul of Gromnir's men once more. */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] My mother always told me never miss a good chance to shut up... but then again I'm not rightly one to follow advice. I hate to leave folks to fate, but we don't have enough supplies to run a refuge, eh?~
== ~SARELF01~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ELFLEADER] We would not ask such a thing.~
END

I_C_T ~SARTHF2~ 0 /* What do you want?  You think you can hassle me just because I'm a kid? */
== ~c-arn25j~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You got quick eyes, an' big ears, eh? Might be you could profit by usin' em instead o' that smart mouth.~

If I have missed a spot, please let me know - so far, I just can't see him playing flippant through the endgame/Mellisan stuff, the way he does with Irenicus' final battle.</charname></charname></charname></charname>

Observations:

1 I like how you can tell Aran to keep his interjections to a minimum. I'm going to have to steal[/] utilize that idea.

2 I like how you're commenting the original lines so you can place them in the game. Very useful.

3 Unless you've got a ! in your prefix, you don't need tildes around dialogue file names. It doesn't hurt to have them, but hitting that tilde gets old after a while.

4 ~HGNYA01~ 2 "newyt". Is that a typo, or is he mispronouncing "newt"? (By the way, one of my cats is named Newt. Yes, this has no relevance to interjections.)

5 ~HGNYA01~ 3 It's worth it to DL the mod for that interjection alone.

6 Nyalee in general: Why is it that evil females either seduce innocent males or cackle? Nobody expects you to fix that.

7 ~SARWAI01~ 1 Cool how you're tailoring these to suit the alignment of the PC, but what does Aran really think? Making the PC comfortable with the NPC is a good thing, but it isn't so good if he's losing his personality along the way.

8 BOTSMITH~ 152 "the lass I was seeing in Calimport." Sounds a bit modern, unless he's using a euphemism. If the latter, stick a pause in there before "seeing," elipses or the like, and it would be clearer.

Thanks for the feedback!

3 Unless you've got a ! in your prefix, you don't need tildes around dialogue file names. It doesn't hurt to have them, but hitting that tilde gets old after a while.

I understand - but I am keeping consistency for myself. I now it is rarely necessary these days, but I just have too many older mods on my study list! Indentation is not really necessary either.

4 ~HGNYA01~ 2 "newyt". Is that a typo, or is he mispronouncing "newt"? (By the way, one of my cats is named Newt. Yes, this has no relevance to interjections.)

typo, changing it!

7 ~SARWAI01~ 1 Cool how you're tailoring these to suit the alignment of the PC, but what does Aran really think? Making the PC comfortable with the NPC is a good thing, but it isn't so good if he's losing his personality along the way.

How about adding to the evil path "If it were up to me, I'd send 'em to Kelemvor, slightly worse for th' wear."?

8 BOTSMITH~ 152 "the lass I was seeing in Calimport." Sounds a bit modern, unless he's using a euphemism. If the latter, stick a pause in there before "seeing," elipses or the like, and it would be clearer.
how about

1. "...a lass I was tryin' to spark with back when I was in Calimport"?

2. "...that lass I tried to bed in Calimport"?

3. skip the reference and rewrite as a more general "Now, there, that do hurt a lad, to know he be nobody. Then again, considerin' th' source, mayhap not."?

OK, full revamp - this is way, way overkill compared to the other mods that have ToB content, so that "silence via PID" thing may get a workout. This is everything except the Watcher's Keep stuff. For that, I still am researching the problem of visiting WK in SoA. I think a copy/paste of ToB WK I_C_T's with target ~C-ARANJ~ instead of ~C-ARN25J~ will do that, but I have not run into an example of it that I can remember.

15 unsilenceable points, 4 into Joinables, and the rest. This should be a final pass at this, barring feedback.

/* Joinables */

/* Unsilenceable */
I_C_T BAERIE25 157 c-arn25bae157 /* It's a boy!  Oh, what a beautiful son we have - look at him wiggle his toes! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] That be a nice sight, there, Aerie. Congratulations. Just watch out where he points that other 'finger', eh? An' I might suggest a bit o' cloth, for when he gets an urge to... heh. Too late.~
END

/* Unsilenceable */
I_C_T KORGA25J 1 c-arn25korg1 /* Har!  A little pickle tickle with the Sister in the back of the chuch, eh?  Ye know what they say... nun is better!  HAR! HAR! HAR! */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Ilamater's Mercy, shut up, Korgan. We don't be wantin' to offend th' nice priestess what can help us, now, do we, laddie?~
== KORGA25J IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[KORGAN] You never did have any humor, jackass. Just fer that, you got latrine duty next time.~
END

/* Unsilenceable */
I_C_T NALIA25J 0 c-arn25nalj0 /* I applaud her efforts.  It's the duty and privilege of us of the upper classes to aid the less fortunate by taking them under our protection. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~!Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Well, there be my standin' offer for you to take me under anythin' you want, eh?~
== NALIA25J IF ~!Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[NALIA] Hey, keep those hands away from my rear!~
END

/* Unsilenceable */
I_C_T  SAREV25J 8 c-arn25sarv8 /* <CHARNAME>, I can tell just by looking at the defenses of that stronghold that a direct assault would be pointless. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' by pointless, he means that there'd be lots o' blood, some screamin', an' unfortunately none o' it would be theirs. That whole curtain wall, there, that be...~
== SAREV25J IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[SAREVOK] ...(glare)... ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Right. What he said. Shuttin' up.~
END

/* Non-Joinables */

I_C_T 25SPELL 8 c-arn25sp8 /* I would normally invite you to look at my magical wares, but alas my shelves are completely bare.  I have not even a single parchment left for you to purchase. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Grumbar's Glands. I needed some good parchment to restock, an' mayhap some ingredients for ink, too.~
END

I_C_T 25SPELL 1 c-arn25sp1 /* Can I interest you in my wares?  I've got a collection of scrolls most mages would die for! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'd be a mite more interested in what you have in th' way o' quills, myself.~
END

I_C_T ABAZIGAL 0 c-arn25abaz /* Welcome.  I have watched your progress with great interest.  For a lesser creature you are quite amusing. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Do all you wyrms get together an' swap notes? Seems like all o' you have been watchin' us all in great amusement. Hells, you could get more fun out o' a night in a Calimshan harem an' be done wi' it, eh?~
END

/* Unsilenceable (1) */
I_C_T AMARCH02 2 c-arn25ama2 /* I can't be wasting my time yapping with some slack jawed yokel. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Oi! I resemble that remark!~
END

I_C_T AMBAR01 9 c-arn25amb9 /* The order ignores us.  They apply restrictions on the smugglers and have even killed some, restricting the supplies the village can be brought.  And then there are all the mercenaries... */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We mercenaries prefer th' term 'sellswords', or 'bastards what can kill things for coin', or just plain 'sir'.~
END

I_C_T AMBAR01 16 c-arn25amb16 /* I have heard tales of great wars and destruction in the lands beyond the desert, and while the order has never involved itself in such things before, it seems Balthazar has changed things.  He plans a war...a great and terrible war... but I do not know against whom. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Ten tradebars an' a bottle o' D'Tranion Ale says he isn't buildin' all this up for a takeover o' Tethyr. Monks usually be more subtle than that.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (2) */
I_C_T AMBOY01 3 c-arn25amb01/* If I had a sword, Balthazar would pay me to join his army! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Cyric's Bloody Breath, boyo... don't be wishin' for that life. Go learn an honest trade, like bartender. Or blacksmith. Th' hours are better, an' th' ladies like a man what has solid, steady work.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (3) */
I_C_T2 AMELM01 7 c-arn25amel7 /* I have to leave again, soon, so I can't help you much.  But I can help you a little, whether you like it or not.  It's important that this all ends, soon, but that doesn't mean I won't lift a finger over it. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I think they should change th' motto o' th' Harpers to 'Enigmatic Information Given, Lives Screwed'. Either that, or 'What, I Didn't Mention There Would Be Dragons?'.~
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 20 c-arn25lich /* You... you have killed Marlowe?!  Now I shall never collect what he owed to me, fool!  You may be powerful, but I shall strike you down!  To me, undead ones!  Kill the godling!! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] The problem wi' undead liches is that they are so bloody predictible. O' course, the other problem is they are tough to kill, on account o' they are already dead.~
== ~AMLICH01~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We shall start the killings with the mouthy one!~
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 21 c-arn25lich /* So... the one with great power that I sensed has arrived at last.  How I... looked forward to tasting your soul, little godling.  You are powerful, yes... but it is a risk I shall take!! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] The problem wi' undead liches is that they are so bloody predictible. O' course, the other problem is they are tough to kill, on account o' they are already dead.~
== ~AMLICH01~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We shall start the killings with the mouthy one!~
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 22 c-arn25lich /* I shall wait no longer for our business to be done, godling!  I hunger for your soul, and I shall have it!!  Despite your power, I shall take it!! */
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 28 c-arn25lich /* Hissssss!!  Then you shall die!!  Then you shall all die!! */
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 32 c-arn25lich * Ah, yes.  That was not part of our bargain, was it?  I should have suspected as much.  So be it, godling... but you shall not find me a simple target!! */
END

/* Unsilenceable (4) */
I_C_T AMMAYOR 5 c-arn25mayor5 /* My daughter is a compassionate woman, but young and impulsive.  She foolishly stole money from these mercenaries to ease the suffering of the starving children of our town. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Corellon's Bowhand, tell me she did not. There be mercenary companies where th' whole town would be slaughtered, just to make a point. Hells, even th' 'Fist would hang a thief what's been caught in th' act.~
END

I_C_T AMSAEMON 3 c-arn25saem3 /* Your arrival is a happy coincidence, given the situation.  You can actually solve my dispute with these rather upset gentlemen. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Well, now, I be thinkin' we'd rather help these upset gentlemen take you apart, piece by piece, real slow-like.~
END

I_C_T AMSAEMON 6 c-arn25saem6 /* I guess <CHARNAME> isn't going to cooperate.  I'm afraid this can only end in violence. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Such a pretty word, 'violence'. I'd say it might end wi' your head makin' th' sond a ripe melon makes when it has been dropped from th' top of' a watchtower.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (5) */
I_C_T2 AMTGEN01 1 c-arn25gen1 /* You are a spawn of Bhaal and responsible for the destruction of the city of Saradush.  Your execution has been ordered, <CHARNAME>.  May the gods have mercy on your soul. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Torm's Left Testical. Now we be fightin' whole armies. I hope there be a raise in pay comin' soon, eh?~
END

/* Unsilenceable (6) */
I_C_T BALTH 22 c-arn25balth22 /* My plan is much more altruistic.  I have vowed to exterminate all of Bhaal's children, forever wiping the Realms clean of his tainted existence.  You have merely helped me in my goal. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody hells. Either you be mad, or you be th' most driven individual I ever done met.~
END

I_C_T2 BAZDRA01 1 c-arn25dr1 /* No... I see I am wrong.  You are not brothers of the tattooed one.  *sniff*  I smell the taint of Bhaal on you. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Is that what that smell is? An' here I thought I'd just spiced up th' curry too much. Wait a sec... (sniff)... Nope, that smell be comin' from you.~
END

I_C_T BAZDRA03 1 c-arn25dr03 /* On your knees before you enter the presence of Abazigal!  Bow before his ruthless might! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Wyrms. Th' gods have no sense o' imagination. No giant toadstools barrin' our paths, no huge grasshoppers, just th' same ol' three... Liches, Vampires, on Dragons, oh my. Just once, I'd like to see a giant cup o' tea barrin' th' path, wi' a side o' toast.~
END

I_C_T BAZDRA03 2 c-arn25dr03 /* The cavern echoes with the voice of the dragon, though the words seem somewhat forced and unnatural: */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Wyrms. Th' gods have no sense o' imagination. No giant toadstools barrin' our paths, no huge grasshoppers, just th' same ol' three... Liches, Vampires, on Dragons, oh my. Just once, I'd like to see a giant cup o' tea barrin' th' path, wi' a side o' toast.~
END

I_C_T BAZDRA03 13 c-arn25dr03 /* You have the stench of the Bhaalspawn... the same stench as Abazigal, though he tries to hide it behind the more palatable scent of his wyrm-kind heritage. */
END

I_C_T BAZEYE01 0 c-arn25beh0 /* You there! Intruder type! Why do you pester Lord Abazigal's most favored servant? */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Every time we turn around, there be another layer o' servants. I gotta get me some o' them. Spruce a place up, they do.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (7) */
I_C_T  BAZMONK 9 c-arn25bzm9 /* There is something else. *cough*  Something you must do before you can face Abazigal.  The entrance to Abazigal's inner sanctum is protected by a dragon. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] O'course it is. You sure there be no liches? What about a bloodsuckin' vampiric dragon-lich? We wouldn't want to make this easier, eh?~
END

/* Unsilenceable (8) */
I_C_T2 BOTSMITH 152 c-arn25cen /* Ummm... Cespenar only serve the great one.  You'se nice, maybe, but you'se still a nobody. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Name("c-aran",LastTalkedToBy) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You bloody well sound like that lass I was tryin' to spark with back when I was in Calimport.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (8) */
I_C_T2 BOTSMITH 152 c-arn25cen /* Ummm... Cespenar only serve the great one.  You'se nice, maybe, but you'se still a nobody. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Name("c-aran",LastTalkedToBy) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You bloody well sound like that lass I was seein' in Calimport. Err... that was a mite o' time before I met you, <CHARNAME>.~
END

I_C_T FINMEL01 4 c-arn25finm /* I am disappointed in you, <CHARNAME>.  So much bluster, so much force.  How you have managed to blunder your way through the realms and not perished sooner, I have no idea. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, to be fair, <PRO_HESHE> had a mite bit o' help, eh? Speakin' for myself, I'm not always th' sharpest tack in th' toolshed, but I get th' job done.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (9) */
I_C_T2 FINSOL01 27 c-arn25endrom /* The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Go on, <CHARNAME>, don't hesitate, on either path. At least not on account o' me. You done become a goddess in my heart a long, long time ago.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (9) */
I_C_T2 FINSOL01 27 c-arn25endnorome /* The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~!Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You know, I think I told you once, I swear by plenty o' gods, <CHARNAME>. I done served you well, but I beg you, let some other poor bastard get stuck bein' a god. We could go take over Tethyr, or kick th' Caliphs out o' Calimshaw.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (9) */
I_C_T2 FINSOL01 27 c-arn25endnoromg /* The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~!Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You know, I think I told you once, I swear by plenty o' gods, <CHARNAME>. But I got more faith that you will prevail than in th' entire pantheon. If you leave it to me, I'll choose to back your play, no matter what you be choosin'.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (10) */
I_C_T2 FINSOL01 27 c-arn25endbaby /* The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("AerieHadBaby","GLOBAL",1) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I be not the most polished knight, but I have been right loyal to you. Whatever you decide, your son has my sword pledged to his cause, for good or ill.~
END

I_C_T GROMG02 3 c-arn25sarg /* Slay the invaders!  Attack! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] What, no foreplay?~
== GROMG02 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GUARD] Sound the alarm!~
END

I_C_T HGNYA01 2 c-arn25nya /* Why, the Nyalee is I!  The Witch of the Glade, I is called, and for good reason, it is!  But questions...you have so many questions, know I! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] A witch? Will she turn me into a newyt?~
END

I_C_T HGNYA01 3 c-arn25nya /* Nyalee survives very well, she does, and Nyalee is I!  The Witch of the Glade, they calls me, hee hee!  But so many questions you have! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Just one. Why in th' nine hells are all you witches messed up in th' head?~
END

I_C_T HGNYA01 4 c-arn25nya /* You should know, spawn-child, you should know!  Nyalee served the dead master, once, and Nyalee is I!  Hee hee!  But so many questions you have, questions questions! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Nyalee is I  - nope, accordin' to <CHARNAME>, here, that should be 'I am Nyalee'. See, I done listened to all that teachin' you keep pushin' on me.~
END

I_C_T HGNYA01 5 c-arn25nya /* Tricks, yes!  Nyalee knows many tricks!  Witch of the Glade, they calls me, for many good reasons.  Hee hee!  But so many questions you have! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Somehow, I doubt there be any good in those reasons, eh, on account o' th' whole servin' evil thing.~
END

I_C_T MARLOWE 16 c-arn25marl /* As I said before, my name is Marlowe... I hail from Calimshan to the south, where I was a merchant.  A successful one.  I... suppose that is where I first came into contact with Vongoethe. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] To be a sucessful merchant in Calimshan, that takes a bit o' ruthlesness, a bit o' magic, an' a large amount o' coin.~
== MARLOWE IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MARLOWE] It took all of that, and some... assistance.~
END

I_C_T MELISS01 11 c-arn25mel11 /* Getting rid of one of the Five without it looking like my doing was one thing...but with you already in Saradush, I could turn you on Yaga-Shura as well.  After I let him into Saradush to kill the other Bhaalspawn, of course. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, you be slipperly little bitch, eh? Right smart. Waste o' a nice lookin' body, too, when we have to carve it all up into pieces, eh?~
END

I_C_T2 SARBOY01 1 c-arn25sboy /* Gromnir has a big army.  When I grow up I want a big army. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Don't we all, boyo, don't we all. It would come in right handy for us right now.~
END

I_C_T SARBUL04 3 c-arn25bulf /* (needs passback)  Guess it's time to remind everyone who's in charge around here! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, there, lad... back wi' th' Fist, we didn't take kindly to...~
== SARBUL04 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MERCENARY] The Flaming Fist are weak-bellied buttock-licking camp followers.~
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Tsk, tsk. Such language. Suit yourself.~
== SARBUL04 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MERCENARY] Attack!~
END

/* Unsilenceable (11) */
I_C_T SARKIS01 7 c-arn25kisconf /* My utilization of complex locution is more a reflection of my own superincumbent mental acuity than an aspersion on your circumscribed lexicon. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Chauntea's Basket - what in th' nine hells did he just say?~
END

I_C_T SARMEL01 17 c-arn25srm17 /* The actions of Gromnir and his soldiers have caused dissension within the town, and made it almost impossible for the loyal Saradush militia to defend the walls.  We must first defeat the enemy within before we can end this siege. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Politics. Even durin' a crisis, no one pulls together. Ilmater's Mercy, <CHARNAME>, there be times when I think you should just start takin' over th' world. At least then we'd know where we all stood, eh?~
END

/* Unsilenceable (12) */
I_C_T SARWAI01 1 c-arn25wgg /* I wish someone would stand up to them... but everyone's afraid of Gromnir.  *sniff*  I guess I'll just have to put up with it. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Torm's Breath! There be limits to havin' fun wi' th' help. Mayhap we see how they like a little o turnabout, eh?~
END

/* Unsilenceable (12) */
I_C_T SARWAI01 1 c-arn25wgg /* I wish someone would stand up to them... but everyone's afraid of Gromnir.  *sniff*  I guess I'll just have to put up with it. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Torm's Breath! I know, I know, might makes right. I'll shut my mouth an' go stand in th' corner like a good little sellsword. But if it were up to me, I'd show 'em some right strong might, myself.~
END

I_C_T YAGCON 12 c-arn25ygcon12 /* No need for passbacks - I wanted to become part of his unstoppable war machine, to revel in the slaughter, to have my blade drip with the blood of all those Yaga Shura crushed beneath his mighty boot!  */ 
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody hells, girl, you be in serious need o' a drink. You seem to have a mite too much energy. Make that several drinks, eh?~
END

I_C_T YAGCON 18 c-arn25ygcon18 /* No need for passbacks - I have heard mention of a name from Yaga Shura's past - Nyalee, an old crone who lives in the marshes of the Mir Forests.  She may know Yaga Shura's secrets. */ 
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now if I had a trade bar for every evil creature what confided in an old crone in th' wilds, I'd be a rich man. Good thing you don't rightly need one, <CHARNAME>.~
END

I_C_T YAGCON 18 c-arn25ygcon18 /* No need for passbacks - I have heard mention of a name from Yaga Shura's past - Nyalee, an old crone who lives in the marshes of the Mir Forests.  She may know Yaga Shura's secrets. */ 
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now if I had a trade bar for every evil creature what did that, I'd be a rich man. Speakin' o' that, where be your old crone confidant, <CHARNAME>?~
END

I_C_T SARMEL01 49 c-arn25mls49 /* I can show you where that glade is... but it is only speculation.  The key to the giant's invulnerability might lay there, but it might not.  There may be nothing there at all. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Given our bloody luck, there'd be a might more'n nothin'. More like a whole pile o' trouble.~ 
== SARMEL01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MELISSAN] I wish that I had a better answer for you.~
END

I_C_T SARMEL01 16 c-arn25mls16 /* But Gromnir is mad.  He has barricaded himself in the castle throne room, and his troops run amok through the town with no regard for the lives and rights of the citizens of Saradush. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Been there, eh? Not a pretty sight. No control, an' a bit o' trouble spirals into murder, rape, an' worse.~
== SARMEL01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MELISSAN] You say that as if there could be worse.~
END

I_C_T SARMEL01 80 c-arn25mls80 /* He runs a monastic order in a remote village in the Calim Desert...it will serve to both hide you from retribution as well as serve as a base from which you can attack the enclaves of Abazigal and Sendai. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Monks. Well, I done fought alongside some. Might be a base o' operations after all.~
END

I_C_T SARPROVF 6 c-arn25prvf6 /* I am not interested in you... I wish only to speak with the leader of your group. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Sune's Bouncin' Breasts, <CHARNAME> gets all the fun.~
END

I_C_T SARPROVF 0 c-arn25prvf0 /* You look like a mighty fine piece of man-meat.  Why don't we slip away alone?  I promise a night you'll remember for the rest of your life.  Only fifty gold coins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Shar's Silvery Strands, fifty gold? A trained wench in Calimport only costs 5 gold, an' is happy to do anythin' anyone could ever dream up. What do you get for fifty gold?~
== SARPROVF IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[PROSTIVAMP] More than you could possibly imagine.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (13) */
I_C_T SARTHF2 0 c-arn25bth /* What do you want?  You think you can hassle me just because I'm a kid? */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You got quick eyes, an' big ears, eh? Might be you could profit by usin' em instead o' that smart mouth o' yours.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (14) */
I_C_T SENDAI 15 c-arn25sd15 /* NO!  NO!  My Bhaal essence is ripped from my very soul!  Damn you!  But I may yet rob you of the glory of your victory. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Th' only good Drow be a dead Drow, eh? Kiss Shar's arse for me.~
== SENDAI IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[SENDAI] I spit on you.~
END

I_C_T SENGUA01 4 c-arn25sgd4 /* Could have been my imagination, though.  I ain't never seen elves with black skin before.  And they were only there for a second before they vanished. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Ilmater's Bloody Hands, that sounds like Drow-bastards. Did they be carryin' crossbows?~
== SENGUA01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[WOODCUTTER] I didn't see.~
END

/* Unsilenceable (15) */
I_C_T SENBEH01 10 c-arn25behdr10 /* Well, yes.  Can't say I cared overmuch for that, although you *did* release me from one of the most boring tasks in Creation.  Can't keep a good beholder down, I guess, eh?  Heh heh. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Cyric's Balls. Never did see th' day when one o' you one-eyed wonders was a right good sort.~
== SENBEH01 IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[FUNBEHOLDER] Don't let it get around. I have a long memory, and a great work ethic. Wouldn't want to have to hunt you down, you know.~
END

I_C_T SARELF01 2 /* We have nowhere to stay... we have no choice but to wander the streets.  I fear we will soon run afoul of Gromnir's men once more. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] My mother always told me never miss a good chance to shut up... but then again I'm not rightly one to follow advice. I hate to leave folks to fate, but we don't have enough supplies to run a refuge, eh?~
== SARELF01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ELFLEADER] We would not ask such a thing.~
END

I dumped the ~ on vanilla dialog files, as you were right - big waste of space over a larger project. I also tried some changes/variants on your suggestions, berelinde - I'll take suggestions if these don't work :)

And culled down the WK ones to the following I_C_T points:

/* ToB Version, Watcher's Keep */
I_C_T FSDRAGON 0 /* I am the fearsome death that awaits those that would break the seal. */

I_C_T FSSPIR2 1 /* I am the Keeper of the Key, the One Left Behind.  Duty compels me to remain, to stand guard over one of the keys to the final seal. */
lousy gig.

I_C_T GORAPP1 6 /* Odren intended it be thee to sacrifice thy life, rather than make his own sacrifice willingly.  He also failed to tell thee the scope of the evil that lies within...the Imprisoned One is Demogorgon, Prince of Demons. */
Hey, how about a few more dragons, instead

I_C_T GORDEMO 1 /* You do not see anything physical within the chamber...but you feel its presence all around you.  A phantasmal hand brushes your cheek, a curious gesture that startles you and is gone just as quickly. */
bloddy hells - what 

I_C_T GORMAD1 1 /* Yakman talk talk talk all the time, he was told... Talkative Yakman!  Once came with party, all looking for treasure, Yakman talk talk talk all the time.  Now they are all dead and only Yakman left, lost lost.  Lonely Yakman! */

I_C_T GORMAD1 34 /* 'Yakman'?  That...that was that ridiculous nickname that atrocious little halfling kept calling me.  My name is Tamorlin.  Wh...where is my party?  Where am I? */

I_C_T GORODR1 2 /* Greetings to you, my friend.  I believe I have heard of you...you are <GABBER>, one of the companions of the Child of Bhaal.  Please, I must speak to <PRO_HIMHER>! */

I_C_T GORODR1 2 /* Greetings to you, my friend.  I believe I have heard of you...you are <GABBER>, one of the companions of the Child of Bhaal.  Please, I must speak to <PRO_HIMHER>! */

I_C_T GORODR1 10 /* The old prison would not hold this great evil for long, He said.  Our order would have to maintain a vigil, to watch for the day when the evil would begin to break the great seals and escape. */

I_C_T GORODR1 50 /* You knew not what you did, <GABBER>, so your foolishness can be forgiven, I am sure.  Farewell to you. */
hey, Odren, stick it where the sun doesn't shine

I_C_T GORODR1 53 /* The Imprisoned One is none other than Demogorgon, Prince of Demons.  We did not think he could... be defeated... and so we sought someone else to take our place and seal the demon within the Keep. */

I_C_T GORPRI1 2 /* (needs passback) I apologize for my... undeserved reaction.  I will take my slippers and let you finish your work here. Look through the sarcophagus if you wish. */
pipe, slippers, fire dog... 

I_C_T  GORSUC01 0 /* Ahhh, look here, dear ladies.  Yet another hapless wanderer, drifting through these endless portals.  Is it lost, do you think?  Shall we ask it? */
eyes up front, eyes up front,

Note: I'm not quite sure what criteria you're using to determine if something is silenceable or not. Stuff that you're going to refer to later in some dialogue, yeah, that's got to play. Instances where Aran has to say something or it would be completely out of character for him, you can't silence him for that, either. You lose me on some of them, though. I'm assuming that the PC silences Aran by telling him, more or less, to keep his opinions to himself. Would he disobey a direct order for the sake of baiting Nalia?

Just fer that, you got latrine duty next time.

Latrine duty? My PC just makes the guys whiz behind a bush.

Hey, keep those hands away from my rear!

My brain didn't parse this properly the first few times I read it. How about "Hey! Keep those hands to yourself!

Hells, you could get more fun out o' a night in a Calimshan harem an' be done wi' it, eh?

Nitpick-y me here, advising you that you usually only drop the terminal consonants in dialectical contractions if the first letter of the next word is a consonant. So e'en if Aran's got a bit o' th' brogue, he'd still be sayin' "Hells, you'd get more fun out of a night in a Calishite harem an' be done with it, eh?" It's kind of like in French, where you only pronounce a terminal s if it's followed by a vowel. Or not. He's your NPC. :)

I think they should change th' motto o' th' Harpers to 'Enigmatic Information Given, Lives Screwed'. Either that, or 'What, I Didn't Mention There Would Be Dragons?'.

I love this.

We shall start the killings with the mouthy one!

And when he's dead, I'm going to make his skull say it over and over again... Oh, wait. Wrong game. Yeah, I know, it's a passback. I just thought it was funny. Don't mind me.

AMLICH01, all of them

Check your tags. You've got [ARAN] for the lich's lines.

Well, now, I be thinkin' we'd rather help these upset gentlemen take you apart, piece by piece, real slow-like.

I can hear the cheering fans from here.

I'd say it might end wi' your head makin' th' sond a ripe melon makes when it has been dropped from th' top of' a watchtower.

I'd say it might end wi' your head makin' th' sound a ripe melon makes when it's has been dropped from th' top of' a watchtower.

Torm's Left Testical.

Torm's Left Testicle

Liches, Vampires, on Dragons, oh my.

On dragons? The first time I read it, I mentally substituted "and," because it's such a part of our cultural memory. I also mentally launched into "We're off to see the wizard!" followed by "Somewhere over the rainbow," which made me want to dig out my Loreena MacKennitt version of the latter, so maybe you might want to rethink the "oh my." Or maybe it's just me.

You done become a goddess in my heart a long, long time ago.

No way I'm ascending, after that line.

~[ARAN] I think they should change th' motto o' th' Harpers to 'Enigmatic Information Given, Lives Screwed'. Either that, or 'What, I Didn't Mention There Would Be Dragons?'.~

made me start laughing uncontrollably for the first time in the new year. Nice.

== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' by pointless, he means that there'd be lots o' blood, some screamin', an' unfortunately none o' it would be theirs. That whole curtain wall, there, that be...~

== SAREV25J IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[sAREVOK] ...(glare)... ~

== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Right. What he said. Shuttin' up.~

I'm not sure exactly how much action text you're using as a whole, but I feel like even just "..." from Sarevok would convey exactly the same point slightly more effectively and make the exchange just a bit more snappy. Might just be me though.

Thanks, both of you - no time for a day or two, but I will be back with rvisions -

(and b, my criteria was "randomly slash them keep it to about the same as other folks", but a review of "other folks" seems to say about 5 or 6 I_C_Ts/INTERJECTs for all of ToB. Literally. Xan and Kivan have more, but everyone else's # is very, very small. I will be back with numbers later - and a good rethink on criteria! )

OK, full recheck, ToB and added in Watcher's Keep (the ToB and SoA versions), updated and slightly expanded from above feedback (except for your brougue observations, berelinde, because I think I need to recheck and systematically rework the usage when I have .tra files, so that he sounds like himself in a consistent way)...

and for the time being, until I have developed a good feel for what I think Aran would say no mater whether PC says shut up or not, I am setting them all to shut down if the PID response has him shutting up. I have thought of and abandoned a 3 tier approach - that is way overkill - in favor of a two-tier "gabby for the players that like talk" vs "less than or equal to BioWare canonical NPCs I_C_Ts".

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ar6111.are~ THEN BEGIN // ToB

/* Joinables */

I_C_T BAERIE25 157 c-arn25bae157 /* It's a boy!  Oh, what a beautiful son we have - look at him wiggle his toes! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] That be a nice sight, there, Aerie. Congratulations. Just watch out where he points that other 'finger', eh? An' I might suggest a bit o' cloth, for when he gets an urge to... heh. Too late.~
END

I_C_T KORGA25J 1 c-arn25korg1 /* Har!  A little pickle tickle with the Sister in the back of the chuch, eh?  Ye know what they say... nun is better!  HAR! HAR! HAR! */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Ilamater's Mercy, shut up, Korgan. We don't be wantin' to offend th' nice priestess what can help us, now, do we, laddie?~
== KORGA25J IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[KORGAN] You never did have any humor, jackass. You can kiss my arse.~
END

I_C_T NALIA25J 0 c-arn25nalj0 /* I applaud her efforts.  It's the duty and privilege of us of the upper classes to aid the less fortunate by taking them under our protection. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Well, there be my standin' offer for you to take me under anythin' you want, eh?~
== NALIA25J IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[NALIA] Hey, keep your hands to yourself!~
END

I_C_T  SAREV25J 8 c-arn25sarv8 /* <CHARNAME>, I can tell just by looking at the defenses of that stronghold that a direct assault would be pointless. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' by pointless, he means that there'd be lots o' blood, some screamin', an' unfortunately none o' it would be theirs. That whole curtain wall, there, that be...~
== SAREV25J IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[SAREVOK] ... ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Right. What he said. Shuttin' up.~
END

/* Non-Joinables */
I_C_T 25SPELL 1 c-arn25sp1 /* Can I interest you in my wares?  I've got a collection of scrolls most mages would die for! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'd be a mite more interested in what you have in th' way o' quills, myself.~
END

I_C_T 25SPELL 8 c-arn25sp8 /* I would normally invite you to look at my magical wares, but alas my shelves are completely bare.  I have not even a single parchment left for you to purchase. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Grumbar's Glands. I needed some good parchment to restock, an' mayhap some ingredients for ink, too.~
END

I_C_T 25SPELL 22 c-arn25sp22 /* Have you made the exchange with Hectan yet?  Have you recovered my spellbook? */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) !PartyHasItem("PLOT18B") InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody one-track mind, <CHARNAME>. I done had those feelin's myself, when I cound't find naught for supplies. Until we find that blighted spellbook o' his, two gold says he's not goin' to talk about anythin' else.~
END

I_C_T ABAZIGAL 0 c-arn25abaz /* Welcome.  I have watched your progress with great interest.  For a lesser creature you are quite amusing. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Do all you wyrms get together an' swap notes? Seems like all o' you have been watchin' us all in great amusement. Hells, you could get more fun out o' a night in a Calishite harem an' be done wi' it, eh?~
END

I_C_T AMARCH02 2 c-arn25ama2 /* I can't be wasting my time yapping with some slack jawed yokel. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Oi! I resemble that remark!~
END

I_C_T AMBAR01 9 c-arn25amb9 /* The order ignores us.  They apply restrictions on the smugglers and have even killed some, restricting the supplies the village can be brought.  And then there are all the mercenaries... */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] We mercenaries prefer th' term 'sellswords', or 'bastards what can kill things for coin', or just plain 'sir'.~
END

I_C_T AMBAR01 16 c-arn25amb16 /* I have heard tales of great wars and destruction in the lands beyond the desert, and while the order has never involved itself in such things before, it seems Balthazar has changed things.  He plans a war...a great and terrible war... but I do not know against whom. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Ten tradebars an' a bottle o' D'Tranion Ale says he isn't buildin' all this up for a takeover o' Tethyr. Monks usually be more subtle than that.~
END

I_C_T AMBOY01 3 c-arn25amb01/* If I had a sword, Balthazar would pay me to join his army! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Cyric's Bloody Breath, boyo... don't be wishin' for that life. Go learn an honest trade, like bartender. Or blacksmith. Th' hours are better, an' th' ladies like a man what has solid, steady work.~
END

I_C_T2 AMELM01 7 c-arn25amel7 /* I have to leave again, soon, so I can't help you much.  But I can help you a little, whether you like it or not.  It's important that this all ends, soon, but that doesn't mean I won't lift a finger over it. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I think they should change th' motto o' th' Harpers to 'Enigmatic Information Given, Lives Screwed'. Either that, or 'What, I Didn't Mention There Would Be Dragons?'.~
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 20 c-arn25lich /* You... you have killed Marlowe?!  Now I shall never collect what he owed to me, fool!  You may be powerful, but I shall strike you down!  To me, undead ones!  Kill the godling!! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] The problem wi' undead liches is that they are so bloody predictible. O' course, the other problem is they are tough to kill, on account o' they be dead already.~
== ~AMLICH01~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[LICH] We shall start the killings with the mouthy one!~
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 21 c-arn25lich /* So... the one with great power that I sensed has arrived at last.  How I... looked forward to tasting your soul, little godling.  You are powerful, yes... but it is a risk I shall take!! */
== ~AMLICH01~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[LICH] We shall start the killings with the mouthy one!~
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 22 c-arn25lich /* I shall wait no longer for our business to be done, godling!  I hunger for your soul, and I shall have it!!  Despite your power, I shall take it!! */
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 28 c-arn25lich /* Hissssss!!  Then you shall die!!  Then you shall all die!! */
END

I_C_T AMLICH01 32 c-arn25lich * Ah, yes.  That was not part of our bargain, was it?  I should have suspected as much.  So be it, godling... but you shall not find me a simple target!! */
END

I_C_T AMMAYOR 5 c-arn25mayor5 /* My daughter is a compassionate woman, but young and impulsive.  She foolishly stole money from these mercenaries to ease the suffering of the starving children of our town. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Corellon's Bowhand, tell me she did not. There be mercenary companies where th' whole town would be slaughtered, just to make a point. Hells, even th' 'Fist would hang a thief what's been caught in th' act.~
END

I_C_T AMSAEMON 3 c-arn25saem3 /* Your arrival is a happy coincidence, given the situation.  You can actually solve my dispute with these rather upset gentlemen. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Well, now, I be thinkin' we'd rather help these upset gentlemen take you apart, piece by piece, real slow-like.~
END

I_C_T AMSAEMON 6 c-arn25saem6 /* I guess <CHARNAME> isn't going to cooperate.  I'm afraid this can only end in violence. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'd say it might end wi' your head makin' th' sound a ripe melon makes when it's been dropped from th' top o' a watchtower.~
END

I_C_T2 AMTGEN01 1 c-arn25gen1 /* You are a spawn of Bhaal and responsible for the destruction of the city of Saradush.  Your execution has been ordered, <CHARNAME>.  May the gods have mercy on your soul. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Torm's Left Testicle. Now we be fightin' whole armies. I hope there be a raise in pay comin' soon, eh?~
END

I_C_T BALTH 22 c-arn25balth22 /* My plan is much more altruistic.  I have vowed to exterminate all of Bhaal's children, forever wiping the Realms clean of his tainted existence.  You have merely helped me in my goal. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody hells. Either you be mad, or you be th' most driven individual I ever done met.~
END

I_C_T2 BAZDRA01 1 c-arn25dr1 /* No... I see I am wrong.  You are not brothers of the tattooed one.  *sniff*  I smell the taint of Bhaal on you. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Is that what that smell is? An' here I thought I'd just spiced up th' curry too much. Wait a sec... (sniff)... Nope, that smell be comin' from you.~
END

I_C_T BAZDRA03 1 c-arn25dr03 /* On your knees before you enter the presence of Abazigal!  Bow before his ruthless might! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Wyrms. Th' gods have no sense o' imagination. No giant toadstools barrin' our paths, no huge grasshoppers, just th' same ol' three... Liches, Vampires, an' Dragons, oh my. Just once, I'd like to see a giant cup o' tea barrin' th' path, wi' a side o' toast.~
END

I_C_T BAZDRA03 2 c-arn25dr03 /* The cavern echoes with the voice of the dragon, though the words seem somewhat forced and unnatural: */
END

I_C_T BAZDRA03 13 c-arn25dr03 /* You have the stench of the Bhaalspawn... the same stench as Abazigal, though he tries to hide it behind the more palatable scent of his wyrm-kind heritage. */
END

I_C_T BAZEYE01 0 c-arn25beh0 /* You there! Intruder type! Why do you pester Lord Abazigal's most favored servant? */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Every time we turn around, there be another layer o' servants. I gotta get me some o' them. Spruce a place up, they do.~
END

I_C_T  BAZMONK 9 c-arn25bzm9 /* There is something else. *cough*  Something you must do before you can face Abazigal.  The entrance to Abazigal's inner sanctum is protected by a dragon. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] O'course it is. You sure there be no liches? What about a bloodsuckin' vampiric dragon-lich? We wouldn't want to make this easier, eh?~
END

== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) Name("c-aran",LastTalkedToBy) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You bloody well sound like that lass I was tryin' to spark with back when I was in Calimport.~
END

== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) Name("c-aran",LastTalkedToBy) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You bloody well sound like that lass I was tryin' to spark with back when I was in Calimport. Err... that was a mite o' time before I met you, <CHARNAME>.~
END

I_C_T FINMEL01 4 c-arn25finm /* I am disappointed in you, <CHARNAME>.  So much bluster, so much force.  How you have managed to blunder your way through the realms and not perished sooner, I have no idea. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, to be fair, <PRO_HESHE> had a mite bit o' help, eh? Speakin' for myself, I'm not always th' sharpest tack in th' toolshed, but I get th' job done.~
END

I_C_T2 FINSOL01 27 c-arn25endrom /* The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Go on, <CHARNAME>, don't hesitate, on either path. At least not on account o' me. You done become a goddess in my heart a long, long time ago.~
END

I_C_T2 FINSOL01 27 c-arn25endnorome /* The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You know, I think I told you once, I swear by plenty o' gods, <CHARNAME>. I done served you well, but I beg you, let some other poor bastard get stuck bein' a god. We could go take over Tethyr, or kick th' Caliphs out o' Calimshaw.~
END

I_C_T2 FINSOL01 27 c-arn25endnoromg /* The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You know, I think I told you once, I swear by plenty o' gods, <CHARNAME>. But I got more faith that you will prevail than in th' entire pantheon. If you leave it to me, I'll choose to back your play, no matter what you be choosin'.~
END

I_C_T2 FINSOL01 27 c-arn25endbaby /* The choice is difficult, but these are your two options, Bhaalspawn.  This is where your destiny is realized, and your future begins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) Global("AerieHadBaby","GLOBAL",1) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I be not the most polished knight, but I have been right loyal to you. Whatever you decide, your son has my sword pledged to his cause, for good or ill.~
END

I_C_T GROMG02 3 c-arn25sarg /* Slay the invaders!  Attack! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] What, no foreplay?~
== GROMG02 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GUARD] Sound the alarm!~
END

I_C_T HGNYA01 2 c-arn25nya /* Why, the Nyalee is I!  The Witch of the Glade, I is called, and for good reason, it is!  But questions...you have so many questions, know I! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] A witch? Will she turn me into a newyt?~
END

I_C_T HGNYA01 3 c-arn25nya /* Nyalee survives very well, she does, and Nyalee is I!  The Witch of the Glade, they calls me, hee hee!  But so many questions you have! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Just one. Why in th' nine hells are all you witches messed up in th' head?~
END

I_C_T HGNYA01 4 c-arn25nya /* You should know, spawn-child, you should know!  Nyalee served the dead master, once, and Nyalee is I!  Hee hee!  But so many questions you have, questions questions! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Nyalee is I  - nope, accordin' to <CHARNAME>, here, that should be 'I am Nyalee'. See, I done listened to all that teachin' you keep pushin' on me.~
END

I_C_T HGNYA01 5 c-arn25nya /* Tricks, yes!  Nyalee knows many tricks!  Witch of the Glade, they calls me, for many good reasons.  Hee hee!  But so many questions you have! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Somehow, I doubt there be any good in those reasons, eh, on account o' th' whole servin' evil thing.~
END

I_C_T MARLOWE 16 c-arn25marl /* As I said before, my name is Marlowe... I hail from Calimshan to the south, where I was a merchant.  A successful one.  I... suppose that is where I first came into contact with Vongoethe. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] To be a sucessful merchant in Calimshan, that takes a bit o' ruthlesness, a bit o' magic, an' a large amount o' coin.~
== MARLOWE IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MARLOWE] It took all of that, and some... assistance.~
END

I_C_T MELISS01 11 c-arn25mel11 /* Getting rid of one of the Five without it looking like my doing was one thing...but with you already in Saradush, I could turn you on Yaga-Shura as well.  After I let him into Saradush to kill the other Bhaalspawn, of course. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, you be slipperly little bitch, eh? Right smart. Waste o' a nice lookin' body, too, when we have to carve it all up into pieces, eh?~
END

I_C_T2 SARBOY01 1 c-arn25sboy /* Gromnir has a big army.  When I grow up I want a big army. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Don't we all, boyo, don't we all. It would come in right handy for us right now.~
END

I_C_T SARBUL04 3 c-arn25bulf /* (needs passback)  Guess it's time to remind everyone who's in charge around here! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, there, lad... back wi' th' Fist, we didn't take kindly to...~
== SARBUL04 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MERCENARY] The Flaming Fist are weak-bellied buttock-licking camp followers.~
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Tsk, tsk. Such language. Suit yourself.~
== SARBUL04 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MERCENARY] Attack!~
END

I_C_T SARKIS01 7 c-arn25kisconf /* My utilization of complex locution is more a reflection of my own superincumbent mental acuity than an aspersion on your circumscribed lexicon. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Chauntea's Basket - what in th' nine hells did he just say?~
END

I_C_T SARMEL01 17 c-arn25srm17 /* The actions of Gromnir and his soldiers have caused dissension within the town, and made it almost impossible for the loyal Saradush militia to defend the walls.  We must first defeat the enemy within before we can end this siege. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Politics. Even durin' a crisis, no one pulls together. Ilmater's Mercy, <CHARNAME>, there be times when I think you should just start takin' over th' world. At least then we'd know where we all stood, eh?~
END

== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Torm's Breath! There be limits to havin' fun wi' th' help. Mayhap we see how they like a little o turnabout, eh?~
END

== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Torm's Breath! I know, I know, might makes right. I'll shut my mouth an' go stand in th' corner like a good little sellsword. But if it were up to me, I'd show 'em some right strong might, myself.~
END

I_C_T YAGCON 12 c-arn25ygcon12 /* I wanted to become part of his unstoppable war machine, to revel in the slaughter, to have my blade drip with the blood of all those Yaga Shura crushed beneath his mighty boot! ~ */ 
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody hells, girl, you be in serious need o' a drink. You seem to have a mite too much energy. Make that several drinks, eh?~
END

I_C_T YAGCON 18 c-arn25ygcon18 /* I have heard mention of a name from Yaga Shura's past - Nyalee, an old crone who lives in the marshes of the Mir Forests.  She may know Yaga Shura's secrets. */ 
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now if I had a trade bar for every evil creature what confided in an old crone in th' wilds, I'd be a rich man. Good thing you don't rightly need one, <CHARNAME>.~
END

I_C_T YAGCON 18 c-arn25ygcon18 /* I have heard mention of a name from Yaga Shura's past - Nyalee, an old crone who lives in the marshes of the Mir Forests.  She may know Yaga Shura's secrets. */ 
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now if I had a trade bar for every evil creature what did that, I'd be a rich man. Speakin' o' that, where be your old crone confidant, <CHARNAME>?~
END

I_C_T SARMEL01 49 c-arn25mls49 /* I can show you where that glade is... but it is only speculation.  The key to the giant's invulnerability might lay there, but it might not.  There may be nothing there at all. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Given our bloody luck, there'd be a might more'n nothin'. More like a whole pile o' trouble.~ 
== SARMEL01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MELISSAN] I wish that I had a better answer for you.~
END

I_C_T SARMEL01 16 c-arn25mls16 /* But Gromnir is mad.  He has barricaded himself in the castle throne room, and his troops run amok through the town with no regard for the lives and rights of the citizens of Saradush. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Been there, eh? Not a pretty sight. No control, an' a bit o' trouble spirals into murder, rape, an' worse.~
== SARMEL01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[MELISSAN] You say that as if there could be worse.~
END

I_C_T SARMEL01 80 c-arn25mls80 /* He runs a monastic order in a remote village in the Calim Desert...it will serve to both hide you from retribution as well as serve as a base from which you can attack the enclaves of Abazigal and Sendai. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Monks. Well, I done fought alongside some. Might be a base o' operations after all.~
END

I_C_T SARPROVF 6 c-arn25prvf6 /* I am not interested in you... I wish only to speak with the leader of your group. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Sune's Bouncin' Breasts, <CHARNAME> gets all the fun.~
END

I_C_T SARPROVF 0 c-arn25prvf0 /* You look like a mighty fine piece of man-meat.  Why don't we slip away alone?  I promise a night you'll remember for the rest of your life.  Only fifty gold coins. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Shar's Silvery Strands, fifty gold? A trained wench in Calimport only costs 5 gold, an' is happy to do anythin' anyone could ever dream up. What do you get for fifty gold?~
== SARPROVF IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[PROSTIVAMP] More than you could possibly imagine.~
END

I_C_T SARTHF2 0 c-arn25bth /* What do you want?  You think you can hassle me just because I'm a kid? */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] You got quick eyes, an' big ears, eh? Might be you could profit by usin' em instead o' that smart mouth o' yours.~
END

I_C_T SENDAI 15 c-arn25sd15 /* NO!  NO!  My Bhaal essence is ripped from my very soul!  Damn you!  But I may yet rob you of the glory of your victory. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Th' only good Drow be a dead Drow, eh? Kiss Shar's arse for me.~
== SENDAI IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[SENDAI] I spit on you.~
END

I_C_T SENGUA01 4 c-arn25sgd4 /* Could have been my imagination, though.  I ain't never seen elves with black skin before.  And they were only there for a second before they vanished. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Ilmater's Bloody Hands, that sounds like Drow-bastards. Did they be carryin' crossbows?~
== SENGUA01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[WOODCUTTER] I didn't see.~
END

I_C_T SENBEH01 10 c-arn25behdr10 /* Well, yes.  Can't say I cared overmuch for that, although you *did* release me from one of the most boring tasks in Creation.  Can't keep a good beholder down, I guess, eh?  Heh heh. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Cyric's Balls. Never did see th' day when one o' you one-eyed wonders was a right good sort.~
== SENBEH01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[FUNBEHOLDER] Don't let it get around. I have a long memory, and a great work ethic. Wouldn't want to have to hunt you down, you know.~
END

I_C_T SARELF01 2 c-arn25srelf /* We have nowhere to stay... we have no choice but to wander the streets.  I fear we will soon run afoul of Gromnir's men once more. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] My mother always told me never miss a good chance to shut up... but then again I'm not rightly one to follow advice. I hate to leave folks to fate, but we don't have enough supplies to run a refuge, eh?~
== SARELF01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ELFLEADER] We would not ask such a thing.~
END

END // of ToB I_C_T materials

/* Watcher's Keep can be accessed in both SoA and ToB, and there are now mods out there that may allow high enough levels to actually accomplish WK while still exploring SoA. There is a little problem, there, though - ToB I_C_Ts will fail if they try to fire using their 25J files, as when you are in SoA the game maps to the regular J-file...  so how do we make sure it is available? Well, GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) makes a good check for ToB. So, two copies of the same exact set of interjections, [ToB mapped to 25J and using GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)] + [SoA mapped to J and using GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8)]. */

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ar6111.are~ THEN BEGIN // ToB Watcher's Keep Interjections

/* ToB Version, Watcher's Keep */
I_C_T FSDRAGON 0 c-arn25dra0 /* I am the fearsome death that awaits those that would break the seal. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Helm's Hard Horn, that there be truth in advertisin', eh? Where do they spawn all these bastards, is what I want to know. On account' o' I never, never want to go there.~
== FSDRAGON IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[FSDRAGON] Turn back now.~
END

I_C_T FSSPIR2 1 c-arn25spi1 /* I am the Keeper of the Key, the One Left Behind.  Duty compels me to remain, to stand guard over one of the keys to the final seal. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Whatever Guild you belong to, I'd be havin' a talk wi' your representative, eh? You done got th' worst assignment I can think of, short o'cleanin' up ogre pens in a circus.~
== FSSPIR2 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GHOST] Helm is Duty. I serve Helm.~
END

I_C_T GORAPP1 6 c-arn25ap6 /* Odren intended it be thee to sacrifice thy life, rather than make his own sacrifice willingly.  He also failed to tell thee the scope of the evil that lies within...the Imprisoned One is Demogorgon, Prince of Demons. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Melikki's Mithral Mane, that slipper bastard has us walkin' into a trap?~
== GORAPP1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORAPP1] Yes.~
END

I_C_T GORDEMO 1 c-arn25pod1 /* You do not see anything physical within the chamber...but you feel its presence all around you.  A phantasmal hand brushes your cheek, a curious gesture that startles you and is gone just as quickly. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody hells... what was that? Felt like someon just walked on my grave.~
END

I_C_T GORMAD1 1 c-arn25yak1 /* Yakman talk talk talk all the time, he was told... Talkative Yakman!  Once came with party, all looking for treasure, Yakman talk talk talk all the time.  Now they are all dead and only Yakman left, lost lost.  Lonely Yakman! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Riiiiight. Now I know what you mean when you say I talk too blighted much, eh?~
== GORMAD1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORMAD1] Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk!~
END

I_C_T GORMAD1 34 c-arn25tm34 /* 'Yakman'?  That...that was that ridiculous nickname that atrocious little halfling kept calling me.  My name is Tamorlin.  Wh...where is my party?  Where am I? */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Well, by my reckonin', about a tenday's walk from th' left armpit o' th' universe.~
== GORMAD1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORMAD1] What do you mean?~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 2 c-arn25od2 /* norom - Greetings to you, my friend.  I believe I have heard of you...you are <GABBER>, one of the companions of the Child of Bhaal.  Please, I must speak to <PRO_HIMHER>! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hey - I be almost famous!~
== GORODR1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORODR1] Could you introduce me to <PRO-HIMHER>? I have pressing business with the Child of Bhaal.~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 2 c-arn25od2 /* rom - Greetings to you, my friend.  I believe I have heard of you...you are <GABBER>, one of the companions of the Child of Bhaal.  Please, I must speak to <PRO_HIMHER>! */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hey, I be th' almost famous companion o' <CHARNAME>! Well, I guess it be better than 'you there - the disposable bedwarmer'.~
== GORODR1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORODR1] Could you introduce me to <PRO-HIMHER>? I have pressing business with the Child of Bhaal.~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 10 c-arn25od10 /* The old prison would not hold this great evil for long, He said.  Our order would have to maintain a vigil, to watch for the day when the evil would begin to break the great seals and escape. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I done heard an officer once say that evil always wins, unless good be very, very careful.~
== GORODR1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORODR1] The Vigilant One agrees with this assessment.~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 50 c-arn25od50 /* You knew not what you did, <GABBER>, so your foolishness can be forgiven, I am sure.  Farewell to you. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hey, Odren - stick it up your arse, an' twist.~
== GORODR1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORODR1] May Helm grant you wisdom. Or may He at least grant us your silence.~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 53 c-arn25od53 /* The Imprisoned One is none other than Demogorgon, Prince of Demons.  We did not think he could... be defeated... and so we sought someone else to take our place and seal the demon within the Keep. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Th' Prince o'... hey, Odren, you ever think o' workin' for th' Zhents? I would swear that level o' manipulation smacked o' th' Black Tower.~
END

I_C_T GORPRI1 2 c-arn25pipe /* (needs passback) I apologize for my... undeserved reaction.  I will take my slippers and let you finish your work here. Look through the sarcophagus if you wish. */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I done thought bein' undead might be a rough contract, what with all th' lonng downtime an' all. But with slippers, a pipe, a nice fire, an' mayhap a dog to fecth an' carry, it sounds pretty decent, eh? If you can get over th' whole bein' dead thing.~
== GORPRI1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORPRI1] It has its own rewards, that is true.~
END

I_C_T  GORSUC01 0 c-arn25suc0 /* Ahhh, look here, dear ladies.  Yet another hapless wanderer, drifting through these endless portals.  Is it lost, do you think?  Shall we ask it? */
== ~C-ARN25J~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ... eyes up front, not on th' curves - eyes up front, not on th' curves - ... ~
== GORSUC01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORSUC01] We should definitely ask it.~
END

END // of ToB Watcher's Keep Interjections

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ar0083.are~ THEN BEGIN // SoA Watcher's Keep Interjections
/* SoA Version, Watcher's Keep */
I_C_T FSDRAGON 0 c-arn25dra0 /* I am the fearsome death that awaits those that would break the seal. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Helm's Hard Horn, that there be truth in advertisin', eh? Where do they spawn all these bastards, is what I want to know. On account' o' I never, never want to go there.~
== FSDRAGON IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[FSDRAGON] Turn back now.~
END

I_C_T FSSPIR2 1 c-arn25spi1 /* I am the Keeper of the Key, the One Left Behind.  Duty compels me to remain, to stand guard over one of the keys to the final seal. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Whatever Guild you belong to, I'd be havin' a talk wi' your representative, eh? You done got th' worst assignment I can think of, short o'cleanin' up ogre pens in a circus.~
== FSSPIR2 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GHOST] Helm is Duty. I serve Helm.~
END

I_C_T GORAPP1 6 c-arn25ap6 /* Odren intended it be thee to sacrifice thy life, rather than make his own sacrifice willingly.  He also failed to tell thee the scope of the evil that lies within...the Imprisoned One is Demogorgon, Prince of Demons. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Melikki's Mithral Mane, that slipper bastard has us walkin' into a trap?~
== GORAPP1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORAPP1] Yes.~
END

I_C_T GORDEMO 1 c-arn25pod1 /* You do not see anything physical within the chamber...but you feel its presence all around you.  A phantasmal hand brushes your cheek, a curious gesture that startles you and is gone just as quickly. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bloody hells... what was that? Felt like someon just walked on my grave.~
END

I_C_T GORMAD1 1 c-arn25yak1 /* Yakman talk talk talk all the time, he was told... Talkative Yakman!  Once came with party, all looking for treasure, Yakman talk talk talk all the time.  Now they are all dead and only Yakman left, lost lost.  Lonely Yakman! */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Riiiiight. Now I know what you mean when you say I talk too blighted much, eh?~
== GORMAD1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORMAD1] Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk!~
END

I_C_T GORMAD1 34 c-arn25tm34 /* 'Yakman'?  That...that was that ridiculous nickname that atrocious little halfling kept calling me.  My name is Tamorlin.  Wh...where is my party?  Where am I? */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Well, by my reckonin', about a tenday's walk from th' left armpit o' th' universe.~
== GORMAD1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORMAD1] What do you mean?~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 2 c-arn25od2 /* norom - Greetings to you, my friend.  I believe I have heard of you...you are <GABBER>, one of the companions of the Child of Bhaal.  Please, I must speak to <PRO_HIMHER>! */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hey - I be almost famous!~
== GORODR1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) !Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORODR1] Could you introduce me to <PRO-HIMHER>? I have pressing business with the Child of Bhaal.~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 2 c-arn25od2 /* rom - Greetings to you, my friend.  I believe I have heard of you...you are <GABBER>, one of the companions of the Child of Bhaal.  Please, I must speak to <PRO_HIMHER>! */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hey, I be th' almost famous companion o' <CHARNAME>! Well, I guess it be better than 'you there - the disposable bedwarmer'.~
== GORODR1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORODR1] Could you introduce me to <PRO-HIMHER>? I have pressing business with the Child of Bhaal.~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 10 c-arn25od10 /* The old prison would not hold this great evil for long, He said.  Our order would have to maintain a vigil, to watch for the day when the evil would begin to break the great seals and escape. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I done heard an officer once say that evil always wins, unless good be very, very careful.~
== GORODR1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORODR1] The Vigilant One agrees with this assessment.~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 50 c-arn25od50 /* You knew not what you did, <GABBER>, so your foolishness can be forgiven, I am sure.  Farewell to you. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hey, Odren - stick it up your arse, an' twist.~
== GORODR1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORODR1] May Helm grant you wisdom. Or may He at least grant us your silence.~
END

I_C_T GORODR1 53 c-arn25od53 /* The Imprisoned One is none other than Demogorgon, Prince of Demons.  We did not think he could... be defeated... and so we sought someone else to take our place and seal the demon within the Keep. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] Th' Prince o'... hey, Odren, you ever think o' workin' for th' Zhents? I would swear that level o' manipulation smacked o' th' Black Tower.~
END

I_C_T GORPRI1 2 c-arn25pipe /* (needs passback) I apologize for my... undeserved reaction.  I will take my slippers and let you finish your work here. Look through the sarcophagus if you wish. */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] I done thought bein' undead might be a rough contract, what with all th' lonng downtime an' all. But with slippers, a pipe, a nice fire, an' mayhap a dog to fecth an' carry, it sounds pretty decent, eh? If you can get over th' whole bein' dead thing.~
== GORPRI1 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORPRI1] It has its own rewards, that is true.~
END

I_C_T  GORSUC01 0 c-arn25suc0 /* Ahhh, look here, dear ladies.  Yet another hapless wanderer, drifting through these endless portals.  Is it lost, do you think?  Shall we ask it? */
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[ARAN] ... eyes up front, not on th' curves - eyes up front, not on th' curves - ... ~
== GORSUC01 IF ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",8) InParty("c-aran") InMyArea("c-aran") !StateCheck("c-aran",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GORSUC01] We should definitely ask it.~
END

END // of of SoA Watcher's Keep Interjections

Yeah, I thought about and discarded a 3-tier approach, too. How would you word it in PID so that it was unabmiguous and not immersion-breaking?

But there should probably be a few places he'll interject regardless of a gag order, if he feels strongly enough about it. But you're right. That's something that can be decided later, after reviewing the whole "body of work."

Interjections are rapidly becoming my least favorite part of the whole NPC-modding experience. You've got to have them, because without an opinion of the game world and events, your NPC seems incomplete. I mean, here you've got a good character that's going to let the PC go and poison the druid grove? That condones slavery? Don't think so. But it is a long slog through endless dialogue files.

~[ARAN] Well, by my reckonin', about a tenday's walk from th' left armpit o' th' universe.~

Still need a better FR replacement for BFE.

I keep trying, but nothing springs to mind - how to FR-ize

"Go to nowhere, and turn left, and walk until you hit BFE".

or,

"As far as I can tell, you are in an impossibly backwards, distant, ridiculously out of the way place".

edit: yep - fun for a bit, but not for long hauls. You are doing it more systematically than I am, though, as I am going through dialog files in a big directory of decompiled .ds, and just looking for a few spots. Your in-depth NI-by-area is a much more etailed approach, and more likely to hit most player's choices.

Archived