Summoned glabrezu's bug

Demivrgvs

I've just discovered a bug which was reported few months ago by Draztik (though he thought it was SR's fault) but I never managed to track down. It's caused by DW#SUMFI.ITM, which is added in the boots' slot to both SR and SCS summoned glabrezus. I don't know which is the purpose of this item but it grants immunity to all spell levels!! :)

P.S It's a secondary issue but such item also adds cold and electrical resistances on top of SR's ones. I think I can safely say that this creature currently is completely screwed and overpowered at the same time. :)

One of aTweaks' beta testers reported this as well. At a guess, I'd say David's intentions were to make the summoned Fiends invulnerable until the lengthy Gate animation plays, as otherwise enemies tend to attack them while they are still invisible i.e. Deactivated(). Once the Fiend appears and becomes Active() its script automatically destroys the item and it becomes vulnerable again. However, if the Fiend doesn't use a SCSII script, then the item will never get destroyed which results in a rather permanent invulnerability of the creature.

BTW, in aTweaks, I prevent enemies from attacking summoned Fiends who have not actually appeared yet due to Gate by simply setting the Fiends' initial allegiance to NEUTRAL and then changing it as appropriate via script.

interesting :)

When will David come back ?

I don't know, but while we wait for him I can include a temporary workaround in the hotfixes...

Adding the following block to SR's scripts both glabreazus and pit fiends (yep, they too are affected) should work fine again.

IF
HasItem("dw#sumfi",Myself) // No such index
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	DestroyItem("dw#sumfi") // No such index
	Continue()
END

Having looked in slightly more detail: The SR version of the PC-summoned Glabrezu has the same name as the vanilla one (so SCS edits it), but a different script (so SCS leaves that alone). The easiest compatibility fix is the one Demi gives there - I think it's easiest to just make that permanent.

Archived