Abishai CRE file overwriting

I've recently noticed that SCSII overwrites an Abishai's CRE file in an attempt to replace it with a Nabassu:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/// The abishai in Sendai's enclave doesn't make sense,
/// it's supposed to be a CE grouping. We'll replace it
/// with a nabassu
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

COPY_EXISTING ~dw#nabsu.cre~ ~override/demabi01.cre~

Since other mods might use that creature for some other purpose, perhaps it would be better to make the replacement by patching the ARE file:

COPY_EXISTING ~AR6105.ARE~ ~override~ // Sendai's Lair -- Diaytha, Abishai
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE "DEMABI01" "dw#nabsu" // replace the Abishai with a Nabassu
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Note: that the two names need to be identical in length in order for this kind of ARE patching to work. In the above mentioned case, they are.

don't suppose you "recently noticed" this from the IA code I showed you? :thumbsup:.

Yup. :hm:

BTW, since aTweaks' PnP Fiends component assigns a custom script to that CRE, its Blood War remarks are going to make zero sense in case it gets overwritten by SCSII's Nabassu CRE. Using the patching method which I suggested above prevents this issue from occuring.

don't suppose you "recently noticed" this from the IA code I showed you? :thumbsup:.

Yup. :hm:

BTW, since aTweaks' PnP Fiends component assigns a custom script to that CRE, its Blood War remarks are going to make zero sense in case it gets overwritten by SCSII's Nabassu CRE. Using the patching method which I suggested above prevents this issue from occuring.

Sorry, I didn't reply to this because I thought it was obviously sensible.

(IA code?)

PS while I remember: am I right in thinking that the aTweaks fiends are designed with SCS2 in mind and should be installed after SCS2?

(IA code?)

IA as in Infinty Animations, not Improved Anvil. :thumbsup:

PS while I remember: am I right in thinking that the aTweaks fiends are designed with SCS2 in mind and should be installed after SCS2?

Right on. For clarity, aTweaks' PnP Fiends component is currently set up to detect SCS I & II, Big Picture and Tactics. In so far, PnP Fiends exchanges all unmodded Fiend scripts, as well as certain scripts added by the aforementioned mods, for its own custom scripts. The only exceptions to this rule are the Fiends which are summoned by SCSII spellcasters (i.e. dw#nabsu.cre and co.) whose AI and stats deliberately remain untouched.

Note: the script assignments are merely altered at the CRE level, the actual script files are not overwritten by aTweaks' scripts. For example, a Pit Fiend that was using DEMPIT01.BCS will now use RR#HPITF.BCS instead. Therefore, DEMPIT01.BCS will still function normally if used by some other creature.

Archived