Druid Remix?

Guest MythicalC

So any HLA implemented is available to all kits, if their sphere allows it.

Well, not all. Remember that there's one unique HLA per kit :cry:.

We are--or better stated, Andyr is--already beginning work on the other divine spellcasters. Druids will be next, due to interest, and at some (far in the future) point I'd like to tackle rangers and paladins.

I completed LoI's ranger kits a while ago, so Ranger Remix could be released this very moment (okay, there'd need to be a readme written and it might be an idea for someone else besides myself to do some testing, but you get the idea :D) :D.

Yeh to what Cam said. :cry:

And yes, I have done a little work on Druids already, though until v1 is fully done Clerics are the sole focus.

I am keeping my fingers crossed :D I am so looking forward to any druid-specific and druid-centric additions :D

So any HLA implemented is available to all kits, if their sphere allows it.

Well, not all. Remember that there's one unique HLA per kit :cry:.

Ah, yes, of course. :D But those are also only one for each, and named after the Deity him/herself. In general, though, HLAs are not unique.

We are--or better stated, Andyr is--already beginning work on the other divine spellcasters. Druids will be next, due to interest, and at some (far in the future) point I'd like to tackle rangers and paladins.

I completed LoI's ranger kits a while ago, so Ranger Remix could be released this very moment (okay, there'd need to be a readme written and it might be an idea for someone else besides myself to do some testing, but you get the idea :D) :D.

This is what I get for not browsing the LoI workroom closely enough. :D

... All I wanted was a druid remix, not a scuffle between the makers of two of my new favorite mods. :-(

I would agree that the a druid stronghold quest is out of CR's scope, but I agree it desparately needs help too. I've been flirting with modding, and I've always said that if/when I do a mod I'd love to take the Druid Stronghold on.

But that ain't what CR's about -- but let's talk Domi, shall we? I've got some ideas about this, rookie though I am, and I'd love to hear yours and maybe we can get something going: russlane@bellsouth.net. Please drop me a line!

I don't completely understand the whole refinements vs. CR debate here, if that's even an accurate depiction of the above posts, but frankly mod politics/egos/whatever's going on here isn't really my concern. That said, I don't really see how the two mods are ideologically opposed -- I would think their aims dovetail nicely into each other and that most of this is about a simple comment.

I would like to say that I've been impressed with both mods A LOT, and look forward to their future development. That Andyr's working on remixing Druids now absolutely makes my day.

Understanding that CR v1 is priority, is it too much to ask for some basic details of your plans, Andyr? :cry:

Best,

MythicalC

I think we've reached the mountain building stage of our molehill. Let's not characterize this as a fight or conflict, because it is not. :cry:

Both Domi and myself expressed ourselves poorly, and Littiz took exception to it--no worries. What I was trying to say is that the philosophical aims of the mods, currently, are different. Installing both, currently, will also result in unexpected and suboptimal behavior.

This is no way means that the two can not be made compatible or that either side is unwilling to work together in future releases--Littiz, Andyr and I said as much in our posts. :D

I am sorry if it sounded unrespectful of your work, but Refinment always sounded like a ToB oriented mod, and having a huge scope. I am more interested in a narrower, more simple application that will improve druid role-playing experience for BG1

Well, I do use the Shapeshifting Fix component (and our new kit) with TuTu :D

Granted though, we do things basing on ToB installations.

Fixed as in the dualclass issue, the HLA tables, or both?

Sorry Cam, you're right, I've been unclear.

I was referring to the technical part (the dualclassing issues) which alone gave many headaches (and a solution was possible only thanx to the newest versions of WeiDU).

For the tables, the only theorical solution would be cooperation.

This is where the two approaches clash, as CR treats HLAs in general as quest-level spells, which makes them subject only to spell sphere restrictions. So any HLA implemented is available to all kits, if their sphere allows it. It's possible I may be misunderstanding Refinements' approach as well.

Hmm, I think I'm missing something.

I haven't played with CR -or even with Refinements yet, for that matter!- so I took a look at the readme. But I didn't get this: how do you handle the Spheres issues? Can you alter the spell selection for each clerical kit? It would seem hard-coded.

Or are you referring just to the innates and the HLAs?

If so, our approaches are not so different... each kit has its own table, so it's just a matter of deciding what spellls go in or out.

The difference seems that we didn't base our choices upon spheres, and we created spells/abilities that seemed fitting.

I am very curious as to what you mean by these comments--Cleric Remix has been based in large part on the requests of the community, from the original call for kit requests and suggestions right on down the line.

Sorry, I happened to post a couple of times here at G3 in a couple of days, and didn't feel very welcome.

But hey, sorry, I've my bad temper and my own bad days you know :cry::D

No worries, and I'd be happy to cooperate, if possible.

But that ain't what CR's about -- but let's talk Domi, shall we? I've got some ideas about this, rookie though I am, and I'd love to hear yours and maybe we can get something going: russlane@bellsouth.net. Please drop me a line!

Hi Mythical,

Uhm, I am one busy lady with BG1NPC and stuff, so I cannot be a full-time partner. Hoevere, I will gladly take a peek, talk about ideas, write a dialogue or two etc; Here are from my old-old post (in the times when Seifer called for 'em) some druid-specific ideas.

0) For me it would be a great addition if we could work for Faldorn and destroy Trademeet. Perhaps afterwards we could defeat her and either kill or make it into our minion travelling along or supervising the group :cry:

1)

While Faldorn was defeated, that did not change the fact that people of Trademeet were careless in their clearing of the forest for the fields. As the Great Druid you will deal with the merchants of Trademeet - providing that your statue decorates their fountain your word carries a value. But some of the rich traders whose intersts you stepped upon feel that it will be better if you die a hero and send an assassin after PC...

2)

Shadow temple is cleansed but the whole tribe of werwolves had been destroyed. When PC is descretly approached by somone who knew him from his dealings at the Island of Balduran s/he can point them in the direction of the Temple ruins. Alas, there is still a few wolfweres who are hiding between the werewolves and they make the cave where you talked to the Lady-wolf their bastion. Storm the keep

3)

In the city of Athkatla in the sewers you were told that people have sea trolls as pets whom they later flash in the sewers. The trade is illegal. Destroy the smuggling ring that catches young sea-trolls in Brinnlaw and transports them to Athkatla.

Uhm... sorry. I really like druids and can carry on like this forever...

Hey Domi,

I like the ideas -- esp. about the sea trolls and wolfweres

I'm not sure I could handle "the destruction of Trademeet" thing, or where the reference about TM's careless rendering of trees comes from, but here's what I was seeing,. aside from more items/maybe spells/maybe more kits:

-- Post-Faldorn clearnup/Bond with the grove (sounds naughty!): several quests regarding repairing the damage Faldorn inflicts on the grove. I see a major fight with each of the elementals (or maybe just an extended earthquake with Earth elementals raising hell), hunting down or redirecting a group of Shadow Druids who helped Faldorn come into power. Also, another druid shows up in Trademeet and you must investigate his presence in the town. This would culminate as part of what would become a series of Great Drujid questions -- literally bonding with one of the grove's trees (a la the pnp druid spell), which would give various +/- to various stats

-- Assuming you killed Firkag and Warren gets his land back, he plans on overextending his resources and land to make everyone "safer" from villians like Firkag. Or, conversely, helping the Shadow Theives do some business in Amn to keep the city from gaining more power -- basically something to maintain that Druids aren't necessarily "good" as far as conventional wisdom goes. As most of the quests are laid out, it's very easy to just take the "good" path. Something to deferentiate, or a situation where the druid plays both sides against the middle.

-- Aside from the Great Druid fight, the PC also has to match wits with several druids ensuring the PC's what's best for nature. This is more of talky, Planescape-type conversation on what it means to be true neutral. Upon passing the three tests (tree bond, fight, debate), you're giving bonuses to your abilities depending on kit, or extra spells. It just seems silly to me that the pain-in-the-ass that's leveling to lvl 14 should be rewarded with a simple name change. Make the most underpowered class -- creeping doom really the only exception -- in the game be able to kick some ass!

-- Maybe some more Harper involvement of some kind, since the compare/contrast between the two is interesting (this would occur if Jahiera ain't in the party/Xxar quest denied ... to avoid clashes with the romance).

I'd like to include a destroyed version of Trademeet in LoI, but the problem is finding someone with the skillz neccessary to do it. Someone offered a while ago, but he didnt' have BG2 and I didn't have the webspace/e-mail attachment limit to send him the Trademeet graphics.

So if you manage to find someone to do it, I hope you're willing to share :cry:.

So if you manage to find someone to do it, I hope you're willing to share :cry:.

Wow, I was clearly drinking when I wrote my last post. The fact that it makes any sense at all's a minor mircale. Going out on a Sunday night, *sigh*...

Anyway, if I do decide to take this on -- quests are new to me, spell and item stuff I can do -- the only way I could manage the Trademeet thing would be something REALLY cheesy (like Saradush, which I thought its destruction sucked), and you gotta tell a good story. If you can't do it well, then don't do it, y'know?

Also, if I do this then I'd really want to incorporate -- or at the very least make it compatible -- with all the other druid-related mods out there (I'm trying to think of them all here):

-- Hublepot and Allison NPCs

-- Whatever Andyr's cooking up with CR/DR

-- BobTykyo's pusedo-multi druid kit (when it comes out) and the druidic sorcerer kit (Faldorn should be appalled that these folks aren't "real" druids but use their powers)

-- Refinements

-- LoI apparently (Hey Nightmare, what's the URL for LoI? Been trying to find information about it when you mentioned the "Ranger Remix" and what I found mentioned nothing about that).

-- Anything involving Jahiera (more to ensure continuity with romance and flirts)

-- Virtue (allowing the druid's alignment to change to NG or NE depending on actions ... don't druid alignments open up in 3E rules? True Neutral in BG2 is a joke, so 2E purity doesn't concern me in this case).

Other ideas occurred to me ...

-- Cernd really needs some work. In no way do I feel he's romanceable, so I don't mean that, but some of the dialouges that do exist imply that he has this really great friendship with the PC. That was news to me when I read it. He could use some more talks with the PC before the whole "dead beat dad" quest begins so he's more than a walking simile.

-- This depends on what CR will do with druids, but additional spells that concern the elements (logical offshoots of the "control plants/weather" pnp spells) could be given to the druid upon associated quests involving the elemental properties. I'd like to be able to give druids new spells, but I've always fancied the idea of doing it in-game than with a kit.

-- This is vague, but the Spirit of the Grove kind of intrigues me. I'd like to see the Spirit fleshed out a bit more.

Sorry for the long post ... kind of getting inspired here :D

MC

LoI (Lands of Intrgue) is right here on G3 :cry:.  You won't find any info on a "Ranger Remix" because that's purely hypothetical.  I was just saying it would be very easy to do such a thing if we wanted to :D.

There we go again with the whole "smileys = dumbass" thing ... <laughs>

With crazy mod acronyms, I just google search b/c there's so many mods sites now ... the only info I found was in one of the Kivan mods, hense the confusion.

Looking at all you're doing, it seems any plans I might make are kind of redundant. At any rate, it's cool's it's being done. I'd offer to help, but, rookie that I am, I'd likely get in the way more than be useful. Oh well.

Best,

MC

Druid stuff I have coded atm is code to make all the Neutral alignments options (i.e. NG, LN, TN, CN and NE) and patched armours so that Fighter-Druids can only use those available to normal Druids. Though I am aware this could rile up some Jaheira fanatics, but it makes sense to me.

If you want to send me a PM with your ideas, or even better drop into IRC for a chat, that'd be nice.

Druid stuff I have coded atm is code to make all the Neutral alignments options (i.e. NG, LN, TN, CN and NE) and patched armours so that Fighter-Druids can only use those available to normal Druids. Though I am aware this could rile up some Jaheira fanatics, but it makes sense to me.

If you want to send me a PM with your ideas, or even better drop into IRC for a chat, that'd be nice.

Both are good changes though I would suggest making the Dragon Scale and Anheg armors useable by F/D characters as well. That always seemed like a reasonable thing to me.

Archived