Version 6 of DR and Big World

riddleofsteel

I am making a Big World install right now, and I just noticed that version 6 is out for Divine Remix but Big World grabs v5 when it fetches the mods.

I was thinking of just dropping v6 into my directory to replace v5 since I haven't started the long install, but have just finished the downloading of mods. But my questions are, is v6 going to cause any problems that v5 did not? I see that there's some DR v5 fix files in the Big World Fixpack and I didn't want to risk it. Also, would dropping the v6 files into my folder cause the Big World Setup to hiccup if it sees a new version instead of the older one?

Thanks for any help. It's likely that I could go ahead and do it but since it's a long install I thought I'd wait and do it right.

After the BWS completes downloading and extracting everything and before the Big World Install.bat starts, you should be able to delete the Divine_Remix folder in your BG2 directory, and then extract the new v6 there before continuing. The one compatibility fix for DR in the Big World Fixpack looks like it will still be applied appropriately, and existing component numbers have not changed so the Install.bat should still work fine.

Archived