SCS II best component (One preference only, please!)

Salk

Which SCS II component do you think is best?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello!

I have been thinking of opening a poll about the users' preference when it comes to which one component is really contributed more than all the others to make Baldur's Gate 2 a better game AI-wise.

Please feel free to discuss further your opinion and your motivations in this topic (which I hope will be pinned).

Since I started this poll, it's only fair I speak about my own preference.

My choice fell on Better calls for help but it was not an easy one.

My motivation is that this component more than all the others covers a very prominent AI hole and, in its semplicity, contributes enormously to making fights with multiple enemies a much improved experience.

Better Calls for Helps is the component I feel needs to be improved. It works brilliantly in ScS, but not so well in SCSII.

I agree with this. The reason, ironically, is that help scripts are better implemented in vanilla BG2 than vanilla BG1. In BG1, I basically had a clean slate. (And BG2 has a lot more human opponents, which causes further complications.)

One of these days, I may just strip the whole thing out and redo it from scratch, but don't hold your breath.

I like all components

However, I find a bit sad that Potions for NPCs brings about some lags. In general it's not too much but sometimes it's noteworthy. (especially in TOB vs Yagashura army and in some places of Sendai lair).

It could also be a nice adition to add more kits to ennemy, especially warrior kits. (barbarian for orc, berseker, kensai etc...) Potion for NPC could also be a bit rationalized for characters who get a kit : not give potion of clarity for a barbarian or a berseker for exemple and rage should prevail upon drinking potion (expect a powerfull potion)

But I surely say this coz I try to create a mod with many kitted ennemy and I would like to have the SCS AI compatible with them :)

Archived