bug reports for v1.3

Azazello

Yes, I am using the work around trick, and it works, for the most part, it's just that the NPCs sometimes show up with incorrect weapons, which is just a minor problem, ever so minor.
Fixed for v1.4 (in theory - haven't tested yet). You can now install BG1-style proficiencies before L1NPCs and they should get the correct weapons.

Note I took the "lowest common denominator" approach: if you give an NPC the "blunts" proficiency, he'll get a quarterstaff; if you give someone "bows" she'll get a shortbow. But that shouldn't bother you, given you were talking about nuking all starting equipment :).

In other news, level1npcs.tp2 has bloated beyond the 1MB marker, making it the third largest tp2 after the Fixpack and Big Picture :beer:.

If and when Nythrun ever gets back, she'll probably rewrite it from scratch or something anyway.

That sounds like the sort of misadventure that would appeal to her. Particularly if she has an extended convalescence pending and a need for some numbing drudgery to occupy it.

Maybe around the 22nd something will happen. Get your hopes up so that they may dashed or fulfilled, as fate will have it.

Thanks again for looking after things, folks.

Maybe around the 22nd something will happen. Get your hopes up so that they may dashed or fulfilled, as fate will have it.
Excellent. Hope your "convalescence" isn't due to anything too serious.

Also I hope you can still read your code after orcish paws have been all over it.

Currently trying to nail out the last few tidbits here that haven't been covered yet.

NPCs being given too many starting items

Issue is still present e.g. Valygar has three Katanas and two suits of armor, Jan has two crossbows and two suits of armor.

Fixed.
Viccy having 8HP in BG2

I've not been able to replicate the mob killing her (they always attacked my party instead) but maybe that's because I didn't have Sword Coast Strategems installed. She does, however, still only have 8HP (I Ctrl-Q'd her into the party to check). I'd like it if she was made invulnerable until the fanatics are dead.

Fixed. (ditto for Shar-Teel and Ajantis in BG1 - any others who should be "hard to kill" pre-joining?)
Sarevok starts with Chain Mail +2 rather than the Full Plate Mail +1 he gets in the unmodded game

Issue is still present.

I saw this and said (in Brave Sir Robin voice): "THAT'S EASY!" Hoo boy, was I wrong. There was some nasty bug interpreting all fighters (and possibly other classes) as "barbarians" at least for armouring purposes. Anyway... fixed (also dropped the tp2 to ~640kb by abridging redundancy in the armour-dealing section).
Finally, could you make the mod auto detect Item Revision's "Restrict Fighter/Druids to Armor that Druids Can Wear" component (L1NPCs does a similar thing with regard to Divine Remix)?
Added.
Change and rename the "Allow grandmastery for fighter multiclasses" component so it gives three options:

1. Mastery

2. High Mastery

3. Grand Mastery

Selecting the level of mastery isn't an option in the current version.

Will investigate next.
Change the text when talking to the Fate Spirit, so that any changes to an NPC's class are taken into account

Fate Spirit text in current version lists old NPC class. Could such text changes be compatible with the Homeward Bound and Keeping Yoshimo mods?

Now this would be fairly straightforward were it just for vanilla NPCs, because all those strings are hardcoded. It would be a matter of leeching the NPC's base class via GET_STRREF, replacing text in it with a patch and STRING_SETting the revised text. Or something like that. But a lot of mods add their NPCs to fatesp.dlg also, and those strrefs will vary. So it'd involve more hackery. But hey, someone mentioned something about "a need for some numbing drudgery" didn't someone? Eh? Eh? *crickets chirping*

The general format of those strings is as follows. There's some variation, but regexp could probably account for it.

REPLY #257882 /* ~Bring me Sarah, the human ranger.~

REPLY #258559 /* ~Bring me Hubelpot, the Totemic Druid.~

REPLY #261477 /* ~Bring me Angelo, the human fighter/mage.~

REPLY #336424 /* ~Bring me Yikari, the monk.~

Oh, and I think the only remaining bug (in this thread anyway) is this, which would appear to be a matter of skipping that bit if RR's component is detected (along the same lines as the DR/IR detection for fighter/druids).

Also I hope you can still read your code after orcish paws have been all over it.
Pawprints are ok, you know what you're doing. Mind the cooties, though.

I don't plan on keeping much, if any, of the original code, however.

But hey, someone mentioned something about "a need for some numbing drudgery" didn't someone? Eh? Eh? *crickets chirping*
Twenty lines for a STATE_WHICH_DOES hack on the dlg. But place not your trust in crickets; their stridulations promise so sweetly, but it's all lies. Lies!

I used to use this mod all the time, but I recently updated to Windows 7 and now every time when I get past the weapon prof tweaks I get the following message:

ERROR: error loading [override/pdialog.2da]

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2]: Unix.Unix_error("stat", "override/pdialog.2da")

FATAL ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "override/pdialog.2da")

I'm not a programming guy so I don't even know what that means, any assistance would be appreciated.

So I have to uninstall everything then reinstall it to a folder that's not inside the program files folder? That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Why would it matter what folder the game information is installed in?

So I have to uninstall everything then reinstall it to a folder that's not inside the program files folder? That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Why would it matter what folder the game information is installed in?

Microsoft decided it would be a good idea to protect everything inside Program Files from unauthorized tampering. Some Googling of Compatibility Files should yield more information.

You can relocate your installation without reinstalling by moving the game folder somewhere new, then updating the paths listed in baldur.ini. If you do this, you will have to launch the game using bgmain.exe, as the normal launcher will still think your game resides in the old location. You can also use this method to create multiple installations.

Ok scratch that, it still doesn't work. I get the same message with the folder just in "C:\Black Isle" and no longer in program files. This is really getting frustrating.

The later components rely on that file being in the override, so the main component copies it over. If you installed the main component before moving the folder out of Program Files, that file probably got redirected to the virtual store / Compatibility Files folder and would still be there when you moved the game folder out of Program Files. You could look for the Compatibility Files version of your game folder and merge its contents with your moved folder, or reinstall the main component.

Ok, well I moved everything and I think it's going to work this time...However now I can't get BGT to install (It won't let me pick a language at the beginning) but as soon as I get that working I'll let you know if lvl1 NPCs works.

I am really having problems with BGT's installation. After putting in the path of my BG1 directory it installs things for a couple of seconds then stops and crashes. If I ever get it working I'll install lvl1 NPCs then.

Archived