Would buy new computer games for 135+$

Sorrow

Would buy new computer games for 135+$  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally pinch any penny I possibly can, so my inner miser says "NO WAY! :hm: "

However, if I here lots of good reports about it, and find a machine to play it on, then I probably would spend the money.

OTOH, there are plenty of free games, some Open Source, that are VERY good. Battle for Wesnoth anyone? :thumbsup::);)

In Australia we're used to prices like that. Which is why I tend to wait a couple of months before buying new games and then see how they can be sourced, legally, through online shops.

I will always hunt for the best deal and sometimes that just means being patient. (I rarely impulse buy, no matter how much I want something.)

Although I'm not a westerner
Well, you are still European... as the Euro-Asian border goes around the Ural Mountains... so I would take your vote any day... then again I am Easterner too cause I live in East from Washington. :thumbsup:

For sake of the experiment, let's assume that older games that now cost 20$ would cost 60$ and that the games is a basic new games without DLCs. Also, all DLCs, expansions, etc. would be proportionally more expensive.
And for the sake of sanity, lets assume that the cows can fly. What's the point of this discussion?
And for the sake of sanity, lets assume that the cows can fly. What's the point of this discussion?

I'm trying to determine the sanity of customer behaviour of computer gamers from countries where prices of work are ~3+ times lower than in USA.

Welcome to Poland, where one game is 1/10 of average month salary. People call me crazy when I'm showing them my game's collection. And I'm not a sort of calm player - when I've seen first trailer of Kane & Lynch I KNEW that it's my must-have. :thumbsup:

Indies will be happy, if they can raise the price to 50$ and not look insane doing it.

I always hated indie games because of one fact - graphics. It's not about that it's bad and isn't mega-cool-3D. Still, even 2D games can be very very pretty but it needs a lot of effort of graphic. Sorrow showed me old-school 2D RPG, and I can tell you about game developer who's drawing characters portraits in Paint only two things: he's lazy and he can sell anything only because he has INDIE in game blurb. At comparison, just look on Final Fantasy I conversion into PSP - this game is awfully beautifull even if close to primitive pixel art and absolute old-school. :hm:

Buying crap products makes people think "hey, I don't need to put any effort into making this game, people will buy even the worst game because it's Indie". And that's sad as hell.

Welcome to Poland, where one game is 1/10 of average month salary. People call me crazy when I'm showing them my game's collection. And I'm not a sort of calm player - when I've seen first trailer of Kane & Lynch I KNEW that it's my must-have. :thumbsup:

Blah. I have decided that I have to respect work. My work. So, I don't buy game licences for these prices any more.

I always hated indie games because of one fact - graphics. It's not about that it's bad and isn't mega-cool-3D. Still, even 2D games can be very very pretty but it needs a lot of effort of graphic. Sorrow showed me old-school 2D RPG, and I can tell you about game developer who's drawing characters portraits in Paint only two things: he's lazy and he can sell anything only because he has INDIE in game blurb.

Blah. For some weird reason Indie RPGs with good graphics tend to be crappy jRPGs. I don't know why, they probably aren't able to afford a good writer, a good designer and a good artist at the same time :hm: .

Anyway, the thing that I hate about indie games the most is that their prices tend to stay unreasonably high all the time. They never seem to lower prices of games after a few years like normal publishers do.

Archived