[outdated] Bugs? Typos? Report them here.

berelinde

Playing with the latest version. Malficus' path bugs:

After having killed the Harbormaster I go report to Malficus, get the xp for the quest and then he makes his proposal for the 3rd quest; I decide to wait and gain some time. Then I go back to accept the quest but Malficus thinks I still have to complete the 2nd one. I had to advance the variable. :blush:

The journal keeps listing all the quests instead of deleting them upon completion

After having killed Aran, the journal reports ''Perform Bodhi's tasks to receive her aid: [...]'' :laugh:

Malficus suddendly turns to a female voice while speaking with Saemon

I arrive at Spellhold and Korgan starts his banter about he not liking to sea travel, Viconia answers him something, Korgan replies, then I get a red ''NO VALID REPLIES'' and dialogue ends. Saemon stands still and I speak with him, then there's the 'usual' vampires ambush and I can talk with Sime. Well, after all of this my protagonist has still no clue why she's at the Asylum and not to Matzica. I know why, but gameplay wise everybody seems to be fine with it.

After getting the wardstone from Perth I meet Sime on the way to the Asylum and she tells me something about Aster's allies being able to help :laugh: The journal is updated as well. Back in Athkatla I met Aster and refused her offer fwiw

After having killed the Harbormaster I go report to Malficus, get the xp for the quest and then he makes his proposal for the 3rd quest; I decide to wait and gain some time. Then I go back to accept the quest but Malficus thinks I still have to complete the 2nd one.

berelinde, I had a look at the code and I noticed that from this state about the third task

IF ~~ mal65

SAY @528 ~You are up to the task, I am certain, and you will receive assistance, at least so far as gaining entry. Are we in accord?~

++ @529 + mal61

++ @530 + mal65a

END

it goes to "mal61" which is the second task. I think it has to be "mal77" instead. Not sure this is the reported thing, though.

arrive at Spellhold and Korgan starts his banter about he not liking to sea travel, Viconia answers him something, Korgan replies, then I get a red ''NO VALID REPLIES'' and dialogue ends.

Very good catch! It's because in Korgan's dialogue, there is a check:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 118 // from:

SAY #55670 /* ~Hmph. I would respond to yer comment with me axe if the mere thought of movin' didn't make me stomach roil. Begone, and count yerself lucky this time!~ */

IF ~Global("ThiefGroup","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN EXTERN ~PPBODHI3~ 12

IF ~Global("ThiefGroup","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN EXTERN ~PPSIME~ 1

END

Needs an EXTEND_BOTTOM for the alternative's rout, obviously.

@Raj:

Saemon stands still and I speak with him, then there's the 'usual' vampires ambush and I can talk with Sime. Well, after all of this my protagonist has still no clue why she's at the Asylum and not to Matzica. I know why, but gameplay wise everybody seems to be fine with it.
It culd be something went missing because the dialogue ended after Korgan. The journal entry (you should have gotten) reads
"@906 = ~Chapter 4

I have completed the tasks that Malficus set out for me only to find myself at the doorstep of Spellhold. What's worse, it looks like Malficus was following the orders of Bodhi, a powerful vampire.

Like it or not, I'm here now, and the only way to get back is to go forward. From what I undertand, both Irenicus and Imoen are here, at an island asylum for mages called Spellhold. The gold I supplied was used to book passage to the isle, not to Maztica, as I had originally been led to believe, and it is there that I will find the answers I seek. I have been warned, though, that the asylum is a veritable fortress meant to contain insane wizards and other 'deviants'... and even gaining entry will be a feat unto itself.~"

What did you expect / miss? More reactions of the party NPCs?

EDIT: Yes, this is what you missed, in Sime's dialogue:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 24 // from: 2.1

SAY #102402 /* ~And now, I have to make a confession.~ */

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #102404 /* ~Malficus betrayed me! Why?~ */ GOTO 26

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #102405 /* ~I should have known better than to trust that snake.~ */ GOTO 26

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #102406 /* ~I spent all that gold to avoid trouble, and here I am, right in the middle of it, once again.~ */ GOTO 26

IF ~Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",10)

~ THEN GOTO 25

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 25 // from: 24.3

SAY #102403 /* ~As you may already have guessed, this is not Maztica. We have arrived in Brynnlaw, as per Malficus' instructions.~ */

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #102404 /* ~Malficus betrayed me! Why?~ */ GOTO 26

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #102405 /* ~I should have known better than to trust that snake.~ */ GOTO 26

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #102406 /* ~I spent all that gold to avoid trouble, and here I am, right in the middle of it, once again.~ */ GOTO 26

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 26 // from: 25.2 25.1 25.0 24.2 24.1 24.0

SAY #102407 /* ~I am sorry for the deception. If it gives you any comfort, Malficus was merely following the orders of his employer, Bodhi, a powerful and demanding mistress.~ */

IF ~~ THEN GOTO 27

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 27 // from: 26.0

SAY #102408 /* ~Again, I can only appologize that the lies were necessary. Regardless, you are here now, so I suggest you make the most of it.~ */

IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~PPSAEM~ 55

END

berelinde:

After having killed Aran, the journal reports ''Perform Bodhi's tasks to receive her aid: [...]''

Aran's DV is "aran02", that is why the journal entry is not set correctly. In b!ar0329.baf:

// b!ar0329.baf - Killed Aran Linvail

IF

Dead("aran")

Global("DearAranJournal","AR0329",0)

GlobalGT("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",5)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("DearAranJournal","AR0329",1)

AddJournalEntry(@0, QUEST)

END

berelinde:

(Sorry for the multiple posts, I am posting as i find things. I assume it's OK to debug!

I think I squashed the reported issues #3,4, and 5. Not sure about #6 (the wardstone), and #1. As for #2 journal entries, it would be best to know which ones remain, saves a lot of work.)

Malficus suddendly turns to a female voice while speaking with Saemon

That's because in malficus dialogue, a sound reference from "B!ASTER" is used:

@279 = ~And here is your ship, as promised. Your gold purchased your passage, as well as the silence of the crew.~ [b!AST_25]

in

CHAIN

IF ~GlobalLT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",10)~ THEN ~B!MAL2~ M0.0

@279

DO ~SetGlobal("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",10)~

== PPSAEM @280

== ~B!MAL2~ @281

== PPSAEM @282

== ~B!MAL2~ @902

== PPSAEM @284

= @285

END

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #43905 /* ~I am all ears, captain. Yours is the voice of experience and I will listen.~ */ EXTERN PPSAEM m0.2

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #43906 /* ~Speak if you must but keep it brief! We should sat sail as soon as possible!~ */ EXTERN ~B!MAL2~ m0.1

IF ~~ THEN REPLY @286 EXTERN ~B!MAL2~ m0.1

Solution: This is the corrected CHAIN, with Malficus' sound references:

CHAIN
IF ~GlobalLT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",10)~ THEN ~B!MAL2~ M0.0
@900
DO ~SetGlobal("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",10)~
== PPSAEM @280
== ~B!MAL2~ @901
== PPSAEM @282
== ~B!MAL2~ @902
== PPSAEM @284
= @285
END
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #43905 /* ~I am all ears, captain. Yours is the voice of experience and I will listen.~ */ EXTERN PPSAEM m0.2
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #43906 /* ~Speak if you must but keep it brief! We should sat sail as soon as possible!~ */ EXTERN ~B!MAL2~ m0.1
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @286 EXTERN ~B!MAL2~ m0.1

@Raj:

The journal keeps listing all the quests instead of deleting them upon completion
It would help if you could say which journal entries remain. Can you quote? Alternatively, a savegame after arriving at Brynnlaw would be of help, too.

I am not berelinde, but I want to say thank you for reporting the bugs you encoutered! It helps to improve te mod.

@Raj:
It would help if you could say which journal entries remain. Can you quote? Alternatively, a savegame after arriving at Brynnlaw would be of help, too.

I am not berelinde, but I want to say thank you for reporting the bugs you encoutered! It helps to improve te mod.

You're welcome. I aborted that game and next time I'll follow the paladin route btw.

I deleted those entries manually after arriving at Brynnlaw but I'm sure these were still present:

''A Quest for Poison''

''A Very Long Holiday''

''Documents Obtained''

''Death of a Harbormaster''

and maybe ''Collect the Fee for Gaelan Bayle'' too, but I'm not sure about that.

Not sure about #6 (the wardstone)

I get the ''Getting inside the Asylum'' journal entry:

<< Now that i have the wardstone to enter the asylum, Sime has left to send a message to Aster. She hopes that we can get some help from Aster's allies now that the way into the asylum is clear >>

Oh, this is *just* what I wanted to find, now that I've got about 5 minutes of modding time per day. I can usually just about manage a forum sweep. There is no "tearing out hair" smiley.

I'll see if I can get it sorted out this weekend.

berelinde - that's what I thought. Don't worry, I am on it (I am contributor to the mod, after all.)

I have another one:

After getting the wardstone from Perth I meet Sime on the way to the Asylum and she tells me something about Aster's allies being able to help :blush: The journal is updated as well. Back in Athkatla I met Aster and refused her offer fwiw

Wrong transition state name in the dialogue.d. Instead to "si0" it should point to "sim0":

EXTEND_BOTTOM PPSIME 11

IF ~Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",10) PartyHasItem("misc8v")~ THEN REPLY #43952 /* ~I have a ward token that will unlock the gates.~ */ GOTO si0 //has to be sim0

END

APPEND PPSIME

IF ~~ sim0

SAY @293

IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()~ UNSOLVED_JOURNAL @914 EXIT

END

END

@Raj:

After having killed the Harbormaster I go report to Malficus, get the xp for the quest and then he makes his proposal for the 3rd quest; I decide to wait and gain some time. Then I go back to accept the quest but Malficus thinks I still have to complete the 2nd one. I had to advance the variable.

Do you recall the exact path you went - first you heard about the quest (in full detail?), then did not take it on but asked for more time, then returned to Malficus, and then he thought you would have to do the second one still?

For this path, I don't see wrong variables.

Or, did you accept the third quest (killing Aran Linvail), then went back to Malficus and he greeted you as if you'd have to do the second? Because that is what I found.

Which variable did you advance? What was it at (if you can check)?

In case you still have a save game and could replay the dialogue path you went, giving me notes, that would be awesome. Right now, I don't see an error for the path you described above in the code.

''A Quest for Poison''

Yes, it doesn't get erased if Korgan is in the party (EraseJournalEntry(@151))

''A Very Long Holiday''
Hm, these should be gone, only an entry in the solved quest section if you decide not to go that route remains. All open quest entries are erased upon arriving Brynnlaw, at least by code (EraseJournalEntry(@143)

EraseJournalEntry(@144)

EraseJournalEntry(@145)

EraseJournalEntry(@146)

EraseJournalEntry(@372)

EraseJournalEntry(@147)

EraseJournalEntry(@374) ). :blush:

''Documents Obtained''
This gets erased by code upon arriving Brynnlaw (EraseJournalEntry(@149)), so :laugh:

''Death of a Harbormaster''
Nice catch. This one isn't.

Collect the Fee for Gaelan Bayle
Indeed, one entry from the original game is not erased (EraseJournalEntry(34187) ). Same for the paladin route. Corrected states below.

Here is the corrected state(s):

IF ~Global("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",10)
Global("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN sh0
 SAY #43922 /* ~We have arrived, and in good time, I might add. Congratulatory remarks for all the crew, and to our visitors for their delightful company.~ [PPSAEM02] */
 IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("Nalia")
!IsValidForPartyDialog("Jan")
!IsValidForPartyDialog("Yoshimo")
!IsValidForPartyDialog("Korgan")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",2) 
EraseJournalEntry(@42) 
EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@144) 
EraseJournalEntry(@145) 
EraseJournalEntry(@146) 
EraseJournalEntry(@372) 
EraseJournalEntry(@147) 
EraseJournalEntry(@373) 
EraseJournalEntry(@374) 
EraseJournalEntry(@148) 
EraseJournalEntry(@149) 
EraseJournalEntry(@150)
EraseJournalEntry(@151)
EraseJournalEntry(@153)~ JOURNAL @906 FLAGS 128 EXTERN ~PPSIME~ 1
 IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("Nalia")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",2) 
 EraseJournalEntry(@42) 
 EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@144) 
EraseJournalEntry(@145) 
EraseJournalEntry(@146) 
EraseJournalEntry(@372) 
EraseJournalEntry(@147) 
EraseJournalEntry(@373) 
EraseJournalEntry(@374) 
EraseJournalEntry(@148) 
EraseJournalEntry(@149) 
EraseJournalEntry(@150)
EraseJournalEntry(@151)
EraseJournalEntry(@153)~ JOURNAL @906 FLAGS 128 EXTERN ~NALIAJ~ 272
IsValidForPartyDialog("Jan")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",2) 
EraseJournalEntry(@42) 
EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@144) 
EraseJournalEntry(@145) 
EraseJournalEntry(@146) 
EraseJournalEntry(@372) 
EraseJournalEntry(@147) 
EraseJournalEntry(@373) 
EraseJournalEntry(@374) 
EraseJournalEntry(@148) 
EraseJournalEntry(@149)
EraseJournalEntry(@150)
EraseJournalEntry(@151)
EraseJournalEntry(@153)~ JOURNAL @906 FLAGS 128 EXTERN ~JANJ~ 150
IsValidForPartyDialog("Yoshimo")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",2) 
EraseJournalEntry(@42) 
EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@144) 
EraseJournalEntry(@145) 
EraseJournalEntry(@146) 
EraseJournalEntry(@372) 
EraseJournalEntry(@147) 
EraseJournalEntry(@373) 
EraseJournalEntry(@374) 
EraseJournalEntry(@148) 
EraseJournalEntry(@149) 
EraseJournalEntry(@150)
EraseJournalEntry(@151)
EraseJournalEntry(@153)~ JOURNAL @906 FLAGS 128 EXTERN ~YOSHJ~ 92
!IsValidForPartyDialog("Yoshimo")
IsValidForPartyDialog("Korgan")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",2) 
EraseJournalEntry(@42) 
EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@144) 
EraseJournalEntry(@145) 
EraseJournalEntry(@146) 
EraseJournalEntry(@372) 
EraseJournalEntry(@147) 
EraseJournalEntry(@373) 
EraseJournalEntry(@374) 
EraseJournalEntry(@148) 
EraseJournalEntry(@149)
EraseJournalEntry(@150)
EraseJournalEntry(@151)
EraseJournalEntry(@153)~ JOURNAL @906 FLAGS 128 EXTERN ~KORGANJ~ 117
END

IF ~~ aster31 
SAY @142  
IF ~~ THEN DO ~EraseJournalEntry(@42) 
 EraseJournalEntry(34188) 
 EraseJournalEntry(34189)
 EraseJournalEntry(34187) 
 EraseJournalEntry(34183) 
 EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@144) 
EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@145) 
EraseJournalEntry(@146) 
EraseJournalEntry(@147) 
EraseJournalEntry(@148) 
EraseJournalEntry(@149) 
EraseJournalEntry(@150)
EraseJournalEntry(@151)
 AddJournalEntry(@152,QUEST) 
 AddJournalEntry(@153,QUEST_DONE) 
 AddJournalEntry(@154,QUEST_DONE) 
AddJournalEntry(@155,QUEST_DONE) 
StartCutSceneMode() 
StartCutScene("b!chap3a")~ EXIT
END 

IF ~~ aster32 
SAY @156 
IF ~~ THEN DO ~EraseJournalEntry(@42) 
 EraseJournalEntry(34189) 
 EraseJournalEntry(34188) 
 EraseJournalEntry(34187) 
 EraseJournalEntry(34183) 
 EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@144) 
EraseJournalEntry(@143) 
EraseJournalEntry(@145) 
EraseJournalEntry(@146) 
EraseJournalEntry(@147) 
EraseJournalEntry(@148) 
EraseJournalEntry(@149) 
EraseJournalEntry(@150)
EraseJournalEntry(@151)
 AddJournalEntry(@157,QUEST) 
 AddJournalEntry(@153,QUEST_DONE) 
 AddJournalEntry(@154,QUEST_DONE) 
AddJournalEntry(@155,QUEST_DONE)
StartCutSceneMode() 
StartCutScene("b!chap3a")~ EXIT 
END

IF ~~ mal80 
SAY @579 
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",8) SetGlobal("B!TouristThieves","GLOBAL",1) IncrementChapter("") 
EraseJournalEntry(@42) 
EraseJournalEntry(34189) 
EraseJournalEntry(34188) 
EraseJournalEntry(34187) 
EraseJournalEntry(34183) 
AddJournalEntry(@373,QUEST) 
AddJournalEntry(@580,QUEST_DONE) 
AddJournalEntry(@581,QUEST_DONE)
AddJournalEntry(@582,QUEST_DONE)
StartCutSceneMode() 
StartCutScene("b!chap3m")~ EXIT 
END

Sorry, I play with no reloads so just autosaves and pee-break quicksaves :blush:

I might have screwed something because after Malficus gave me the wrong quest I talked to the Assistant Harbormaster who thought I didn't kill the Harbormaster yet; that could have caused a double journal entry.

I did as reported here http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=19738 , so CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",7)

Archived