[outdated] Bugs? Typos? Report them here.

berelinde

You were supposed to go talk to Harold outside the thief lair. He is the one who gives you the key and advances the quest. You may need to go back to an earlier save with that one. If you went back to Aster an she gave you the quest again.

I'll double-check the weighting in Aster's dialogue. She is supposed to recognize when the quest has been accepted but Harold has not been contacted.

Hi there. This is a wonderful idea as I’ve never been comfortable with a good character being allied to the Thieves or Vampires especially with a Paladin in the team. I have struck a couple of problems playing this mod. I have been to the Five Flagons, spoken to Aster and given her the 1,500 and got the task to clear out the Shadow Thieves. I then got the "It's expensive in the city of coin" cut scene and moved to Chapter 3. My journal has the right entry “Eliminate the Shadow Thieves”.

The first problem happened when I went to see Gaelen Bayle. The “you’ve been seen with dangerous people” dialogue happened ok, and he attacked me as expected. But I just could not kill him – even using the Cheat Keys Ctrl Y several times! I searched and couldn’t find any other reference to this problem anywhere. I wanted to get on with the game, so I just used the CLA to port in the key I needed. This fixed the problem so I could continue. I'm only mentioning it for completeness.

Problem 2 - Attacking the Thieves’ Guild went fine, and I killed them all, including Aran Linvail and everyone in his lair. But when I went back to Aster, I got the dialogue with here when she wants the 1,500 gold (again!) and then she gives me the Thieves’ Guild task again ... which leads into the end-of-chapter 2 City of coins cut scene (again).

Checking my journal showed two entries under the heading “Perform Bodhi’s tasks to receive her aid”. The first of these described meeting Tizzak, and the second recorded killing Aran and finishing the task.

I have version 10. I am running the following mods as well as Alternatives: - G3 Fix Pack; your Keldorn Romance, Haldamir and Fading Promises; Kulyaks Xan and Coran; Crossmod Banter Pack; G3 Tweaks.

Gobal Variables

B!ALTERNATIVES 6

B!ALTTIME 1541623

Here’s my Weidu log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01

~CORAN/SETUP-CORAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Coran NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v1

~CORAN/SETUP-CORAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Delete old Coran from the Forest of Tethyr (RECOMMENDED): v1

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v9

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1-style flaming swords

~HALDAMIR/SETUP-HALDAMIR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haldamir: v2

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn: v14

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal: v14

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Crossmod Romance Conflicts: v14

~FADINGPROMISES/SETUP-FADINGPROMISES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fading Promises: v6

~ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternatives: v10

~KELDORN_ROM/SETUP-KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keldorn Romance: beta 20120118

~KELDORN_ROM/SETUP-KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #2 // Romance Match -> Romance is available to LG/NG/CG protagonists: beta 20120118

~KELDORN_ROM/SETUP-KELDORN_ROM.TP2~ #0 #5 // More youthful-looking portrait by Senka: beta 20120118

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2312 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters (BETA) -> Arcane & Divine Magic: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3071 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Reputation Has No Effect, Stores Price Fixed at 100% (Luiz): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs are never angry about reputation: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs don't fight: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v9

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V7.2 for BG2:ToB

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate Auren Portrait -> Portrait 2 (From Neverwinter Nights)

The first one sounds as if Gaylean still has some kind of "1 HP" item that needs to be removed (maybe he has one in the original game to make sure the quest-giver cannot be killed.)

The second one appearently misses the variable setting. Although it could be that this is in connection to cheating in the key and not killing G.

Thank you for the reports!

b: I will have a look at this and let you know if I find out anything (if you don't mind).

Hi, kiwidoc! And hi, jastey!

That's an odd problem, and it does need looking into. Jastey, neither of us has an excess of free time right now. If you have a chance to look into it, I'd be grateful, but don't put your own stuff on hold to do it. I will have a few hours free to investigate at some point before Sunday, despite the move. Probably the easiest thing to do is to check in here before starting the research to see if anybody has found the problem.

Gaelan.cre has a minhp1.itm as I thought. I think what should happen is that a mod-added script is supposed to switch the existing gaelan with the (hostile) gaelan2.cre. This would be this script block:

// b!ar0311.baf - makes Gaelan go hostile

IF
 Global("GaelanSpawn2","GLOBAL",0)
 !Dead("gaelan2")  // ~Gaelan Bayle~
 OR(2)
  GlobalGT("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",6)
  GlobalGT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",6)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   ActionOverride("Gaelan",DestroySelf())
   CreateCreature("GAELAN2",[451.267],0)  // ~Gaelan Bayle~
   SetGlobal("GaelanSpawn2","GLOBAL",1)
END

Since it is added to the top of the script file, I don't know why it wouldn't work?

Kiwidoc, do you still have a savegame and can check for the value of the B!Alternatives and B!Tourist variables?

I see a discrepancy here I don't understand:

Gaelan's dialogue that turns him hostile also can happen for B!Alternatives=6:

IF WEIGHT #-1 ~GlobalGT("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN BEGIN gaelan1

SAY #21037 /* ~Ye've been seen with dangerous folk... dangerous folk indeed. I be askin' ye a question and ye be answerin' it truthfully or be suffering the consequences.~ [GAELEN30] */

IF ~~ THEN GOTO gaelan2

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN gaelan2

SAY #21038 /* ~This person ye was seen with... have ye joined forces with her?~ */

IF ~GlobalGT("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",5)

~ THEN REPLY #21039 /* ~Yes, I have.~ */ GOTO 56 -> hostile

IF ~!GlobalGT("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",5)

~ THEN REPLY #21040 /* ~Yes, I have.~ */ GOTO 58

IF ~GlobalGT("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",5)

~ THEN REPLY #21041 /* ~No, I haven't.~ */ GOTO 57-> hostile

IF ~!GlobalGT("B!Alternatives","GLOBAL",5)

~ THEN REPLY #21042 /* ~No, I haven't.~ */ GOTO 59

END

But he only turns into killable gaelan2 for B!Alternatives=7:
IF

!Dead("gaelan2") // ~Gaelan Bayle~

OR(2)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CreateCreature("GAELAN2",[451.267],0) // ~Gaelan Bayle~

END

For the B!Tourist, he shouldn't turn hostile for B!Tourist=7:

IF WEIGHT #-1 ~GlobalGT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN BEGIN gaelan3

SAY #21037 /* ~Ye've been seen with dangerous folk... dangerous folk indeed. I be askin' ye a question and ye be answerin' it truthfully or be suffering the consequences.~ [GAELEN30] */

IF ~~ THEN GOTO gaelan4

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN gaelan4

SAY #21038 /* ~This person ye was seen with... have ye agreed to do what he says?~ */

IF ~GlobalGT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",7)

~ THEN REPLY #21039 /* ~Yes, I have.~ */ GOTO 56

IF ~!GlobalGT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",7)

~ THEN REPLY #21040 /* ~Yes, I have.~ */ GOTO gaelan5

IF ~GlobalGT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",7)

~ THEN REPLY #21041 /* ~No, I haven't.~ */ GOTO 57

IF ~!GlobalGT("B!Tourist","GLOBAL",7)

~ THEN REPLY #21042 /* ~No, I haven't.~ */ GOTO gaelan6

END

But his cre will be replaced to the hostile version for B!Tourist=7 (same script block as above):

IF

!Dead("gaelan2") // ~Gaelan Bayle~

OR(2)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CreateCreature("GAELAN2",[451.267],0) // ~Gaelan Bayle~

END

Maybe I don't understand something, but from the looks it seems the script and dialogue are kind of working against each other.

Probably. I'll pick through it over the weekend (it's pointless to try to book any time to work on anything during the week--I never get home early enough). Thanks for identifying the problem areas, though. That should make it easier to nail down.

No, I have enough to go on. B!Tourist is supposed to be 1. That means that the guy who's supposed to spawn to ask you if you wanted to skip town did so.

I still haven't had a chance to look into it, although I'm hoping to do so this weekend.

It's a great mod. I tried it for the first time this weekend and was impressed. I went the paladin route and did have a little issue with Bodhi, though. I didn't bother going to see her in the graveyard until after I'd paid the paladins the 15K (and actually, I wasn't there to see her so much as to give Wellyn his bear) and she kept spawning and cursing me. Stutter bug i guess.

Log:

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v18

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1190 // Romance Bug Fixes: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs are never angry about reputation: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v9

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v3.71

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v3.71

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #218 // Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB: v3.71

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #212 // Make alignment detection spells more accurate: v3.71

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #302 // Change the appearance of the Robe of Vecna: v3.71

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v3.71

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #315 // Distinctive creature soundsets: v3.71

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #500 // Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers -> Use the recommended storage capacity value (999): v3.71

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #510 // Expanded temple services: v3.71

~ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Alternatives: v10

~NATHANIEL/SETUP-NATHANIEL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nathaniel NPC Mod for BGII

~NATHANIEL/SETUP-NATHANIEL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Choose a portrait for Nathaniel -> Default portrait by Feuille

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Enkida's Portrait Mod?: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Install portraits to the portrait directory: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Alternate Aerie: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Alternate Anomen: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #118 // Alternate Balthazar -> Alternate Balthazar: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #119 // Alternate Bodhi -> Alternate Bodhi (default): v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Alternate Cernd: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #104 // Alternate Edwin -> Alternate Edwin (default): v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #122 // Alternate Ellesime: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Alternate Illasera -> Alternate Illasera with racial bugfix (default): v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #105 // Alternate Imoen -> Alternate Imoen (default): v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #107 // Alternate Jaheira -> Alternate Jaheira (default): v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #108 // Alternate Jan: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #109 // Alternate Keldorn: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #131 // Alternate Sendai: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #132 // Alternate Valygar -> Alternate Valygar with short hair: v2.0

~EPORTRAITS/EPORTRAITS.TP2~ #0 #133 // Alternate Yaga Shura -> Alternate Yaga Shura (default): v2.0

I don't know if it would have happened had I gone to see her and turned her down first, but it's something to consider I suppose.

I am going to try the assassin route next time.

Archived