Weird Install Issues

Marric

Its detecting SCSI components (specifically the all the items in the ease of use category) that aren't there - and skips them. So I can't install the ease of use Party AI, which has me seriously bummed out as its the only party script I use. To try and get to the bottom of this I went back to a clean install (nothing in my weidu log) and even uninstalled the relevant components from the BGTUTU Folder - which didn't make a difference.

Also when I try to install the Watchers Keep between SoA/ToB it says my version on BG:ToB won't allow this, which I suspect is somehow related tot he above.

Its detecting SCSI components (specifically the all the items in the ease of use category) that aren't there - and skips them. So I can't install the ease of use Party AI, which has me seriously bummed out as its the only party script I use. To try and get to the bottom of this I went back to a clean install (nothing in my weidu log) and even uninstalled the relevant components from the BGTUTU Folder - which didn't make a difference.

Also when I try to install the Watchers Keep between SoA/ToB it says my version on BG:ToB won't allow this, which I suspect is somehow related tot he above.

Your install has got quite badly corrupted for some reason - I suspect you had a failed uninstallation of some mods at some point. A blank WEIDU.log doesn't automatically mean that all content from mods has been removed. Removing all files called [something].xxx and [something].mrk from the override directory will persuade SCS that you haven't got components installed... but probably you're safer just reinstalling BG2.

Guest persocom01

I'll just like to ask what happens if I press x during the install? Because the smarter mage component took so long I thought it was repeating and closed weidu before the install was done.

I'll just like to ask what happens if I press x during the install? Because the smarter mage component took so long I thought it was repeating and closed weidu before the install was done.

Something disastrous, I'm afraid. WEIDU - like any installer- seriously dislikes being force-quitted half way through. (It's not repeating; it's just very complex and has quite a long install time.)

You might be able to get away with ignoring it, but it's safer to reinstall.

Archived