"Red Badge" Poison-Based Encounter

Guest!

~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer

Well, it's in the BPv179 already... so is there a real reason you can't use the BWS to install it with everything else, just like a normal humans would?

I already have the Tactics version installed. Point is, it could really benefit from better scripting and management, like other Tactics components have (Tor'Gal, Mind Flayers, etc).

Now, is there a real reason for your braindead posting or is it just trolling?

Now, is there a real reason ...?

Well to me, this:

May I suggest a SCS2 reworking of this component from Tactics? Personally, I always found it one of the most enjoyable bits.
Sounds like you wish DavidW to recreate the encounter... not optimize their scripts. :thumbsup:
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer

Well, it's in the BPv179 already... so is there a real reason you can't use the BWS to install it with everything else, just like a normal humans would?

I'm very unconvinced using BWS is sensible for people who want just a scattering of mods.

Is SCS II fully compatible with BP ? (no minor bug?)

Probably, but I'm not aware of anyone who's tested this.

@Guest: I'll think about it. (The original Tactics one is compatible with SCSII as far as I know.)

@Guest: I'll think about it. (The original Tactics one is compatible with SCSII as far as I know.)
David, if you really have time to work on "new" things, wouldn't be way better to improve pre-existing encounters/creatures instead of adding new ones?

Perhaps it is just me but I think that improving some stronghold's fight, or "revise" some quests like you did for Nalia's Keep would be hugely better than adding completely new things.

There are tons of opportunities to improve the game (a lot) without adding new quests/encounters. For example it shouldn't be difficult for you to tie up some loose end (e.g. Twisted Rune, Slaver Compund, ...) or to make some boring pre-existing quest much more fun and interesting (e.g. Circus Tent as I suggested here).

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Demi

David, if you really have time to work on "new" things, wouldn't be way better to improve pre-existing encounters/creatures instead of adding new ones?

Perhaps it is just me but I think that improving some stronghold's fight, or "revise" some quests like you did for Nalia's Keep would be hugely better than adding completely new things.

There are tons of opportunities to improve the game (a lot) without adding new quests/encounters. For example it shouldn't be difficult for you to tie up some loose end (e.g. Twisted Rune, Slaver Compund, ...) or to make some boring pre-existing quest much more fun and interesting (e.g. Circus Tent as I suggested here).

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Demi

I like you very much Demi - and your ideas :hm: I cannot but agree with what you said :thumbsup:

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Demi

In principle I agree with this entirely.

On the other hand, my priority list is

(i) things that happen to catch my attention

(ii) research on quantum mechanics

Guest temujin.

...perhaps you could sprinkle a few concepts of quantum mechanics into the Dungeons & Dragons universe? maybe a special encounter where the opponent behaves based on the laws in the quantum world?

This way, it could be interesting to you AND it's a new quest/encounter for us... everybody wins! :thumbsup:

jest.gifjest.gif

just a playful thought...

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Demi

I agree 100% with Demi.

I'm very unconvinced using BWS is sensible for people who want just a scattering of mods.
Is SCS II fully compatible with BP ? (no minor bug?)
Probably, but I'm not aware of anyone who's tested this.

Be as unconvinced as you like, but as far as I am aware of, when things overwrite each others(several of the original Tactics components), you might wish to use the latest general install order(BW-P,-I,-S) even if you wish to use just the handful(<50) of mods... as the BP was created to replace the Tactics so the same components could be used in with the other big mods, and use the same AI base, which the SCSII is reputable to be able to enhance so the enemy AI.

I agree 100% with Demi.
I don't completely... well, just 51% of me doesn't. The reason is that he didn't say what he had to complain about the encounters:
For example it shouldn't be difficult for you to tie up some loose end (e.g. Twisted Rune, Slaver Compund, ...)
That's a horrible description of the problem, and that several mods have attempted the same... so why not use them as well?

Now if there is a thief in an encounter that doesn't use it's full potential for some reason(say it still uses ranged weapon when surrounded, while having a +5 weapon in his hat), then you can complain about that to DavidW and see if he is interested in fixing the creatures AI, and please give him the .bcs name as well, so he doesn't need to search it with the magic 8 ball, and the research quantum computer.

Archived