Open letter for NightMARE

yarpen

Well, I don't know, but the Fighters kits are far better than paladins or rangers with the single exception of Ranger/-Cleric Multi/Dual character, because of the druids spells.

Trueclass Paladins and Rangers. Because Inquisitor or Cavalier or Archer are kicking their asses.

So the same priest that can't be Grand Master with one weapon, can archive almost the same in 3 other weapons, that work in very different ways(Spear, Two Handed Sword and Flail)? Let's remember that the difference between the expertise(2 points) and Grand Mastery(5 points) is plus 1 to hit, and plus 2 to damage, the same as the expertise and proficiency, in the original table.

But WHY they should get it? Clerics aren't weak in any way. Druids are, yup, but that's because of lack of good offensive spells in-game. I'm probably going to fix this thing.

Trueclass Paladins and Rangers.
Not just trueclass, but kits as well. See, Archer has only two damage types(blunt, piercing) unless we take into account the special bullets the archer can run out of, and a Kensai is going to be able to Kick an archer any day, that with the AC and damage bonus in close combat... see, the archer weakness is the ranged weapon expertize it's restricted to.

Inquisitor and Cavalier can be compared to Berserker and perhaps Barbarian, but they can't dual like the Fighter kits can...

So the same priest that can't be Grand Master with one weapon, can archive almost the same in 3 other weapons, that work in very different ways(Spear, Two Handed Sword and Flail)? Let's remember that the difference between the expertise(2 points) and Grand Mastery(5 points) is plus 1 to hit, and plus 2 to damage, the same as the expertise and proficiency, in the original table.
But WHY they should get it? Clerics aren't weak in any way. Druids are...
Why not? :thumbsup:

It's not like it's going to be something special. For example, a Fighter dualed to a Mage can gain the Grand Mastery at the fighter level 3(within the current rules). Making him an archer is a good bet, cause mages place is within the back ground, until the high levels... and the games have way too many arrows anyway.

By the way, I have a question; Are the allowing of the item usability a little too zealous? As it can allow a lot of unintended items, as the only really restrictive thing in there is the item type... I can work my way to make it a bit more accurate, so for example the "Monk only" items are not included in the allowed items, etc. Crusaders could use the base Paladin allowed items... and the like.

Archived