Missing Flirts?

I think I may be missing some flirts for Gann. I never have the option to tell him I love him after meeting his mother in the Skein. I clicked on him after the encounter and he says " I feel loss....... , But I don't have the option after that. I even tried flirting with him and still, nope, no option to say I love you or don't. My influence with him is Devoted 76. Does influence play a part in MotB romance or not? If so, I should have those options. And I am pretty sure I did not say anything to offend him. What could be wrong? I am right now, in the dreamscape quest of the Slumbering Coven. I hope I do not need to reload from a save before meeting Gulkaush. Please, let me know what may be the issue here.

Edit: I did choose flirt options of I know someone who could ease your loneliness.... and have you ever been in love? The first time I asked the first question he said any idea who? I respond she may be standing right before you now. " And I think the convo ended after that! I don't remember. But when I asked it a second time he replies with something about having glut as a problem. I also asked him the love question and he said.........and I don't like the way your face scrunches up when you nag! Say what? Huh?! What was that about? Is there something wrong with the romance?

Unfortunately, I just don't know. I didn't do Gann's flirts. So far today, I've destroyed one mod and one entire forum. I'm a little reluctant to go opening up the toolset to answer this. Domi usually checks in on her day off, so she'll see this tomorrow or the next day. If she hasn't seen it by then, I'll risk opening the toolset to look.

While attempting to modify a flirt in a mod, I wiped the whole thing. Fortunately, I've got backup for that one, and only lost about a day's work. So I thought I'd spruce up my own forums, TolkienAcrossTheWater, with some new skins. A buggy skin locked me out of the site. In the process of attempting to fix it, the database got fatally corrupted and I had to delete the whole forum, five years worth of posts, tutorials, etc. And this all happened today.

When you open the NWN2 toolset, you have the potential to destroy the file you're looking at. Given how my luck has been going today, I'm not convinced I won't trash my installation.

I'll give it a shot day after tomorrow, if nobody has answered your question by then. What specific dialogue option are you looking for? I do know that we don't modify any dialogues in the Skein, so what you're seeing is original game behavior.

While attempting to modify a flirt in a mod, I wiped the whole thing. Fortunately, I've got backup for that one, and only lost about a day's work. So I thought I'd spruce up my own forums, TolkienAcrossTheWater, with some new skins. A buggy skin locked me out of the site. In the process of attempting to fix it, the database got fatally corrupted and I had to delete the whole forum, five years worth of posts, tutorials, etc. And this all happened today.

Yikes. Ouch. That does sound like a ton of bad luck got dumped on you. I;m sorry to hear about that. Just out of curiosity what mod were/are you working on?

Hope the rest of your week is better. :thumbsup:

At that particular moment, Haldamir for BG2:ToB. The SoA portion is out, but the ToB part is in the works. I'm mostly working on Gavin for BG2, but I do open up other projects from time to time so I don't forget where I left off.

What specific dialogue option are you looking for? I do know that we don't modify any dialogues in the Skein, so what you're seeing is original game behavior.

Um, let's see. I am not exactly sure of the exact wording but doesn't the player (or Gann ) say something about that they love the other? I didn't pick the dialogue option while in the Skein about "are you in love" but afterward in Coveya Kurgannis. And he keeps evading the question. I did (while in the Skein) have Gann say "if I am ever to love....." but that was all.

At that particular moment, Haldamir for BG2:ToB. The SoA portion is out, but the ToB part is in the works. I'm mostly working on Gavin for BG2, but I do open up other projects from time to time so I don't forget where I left off.

I haven't ever actually played BG or BG2 I started to but then my computer decided to crash and die. It took the whole motherboard with it and it smelled like it was burning. My dad (being the computer whiz he is) managed to save some things off the hard drive and transfer it to my new computer. I think I may have tried to install/run BG2 on the computer I have now but I don't think it worked. I will try again, though sometime. If it doesn't play, I won't be able to.

I uhm... I have no idea? I will be able to check tomorrow (I hope), if Berelinde doesn't get there first. It's a flirt, right? Not an original game talk? I don't remember much about Gann, has been a while since I coded it.

The first time I played this, I didn't have enough influence with him and he was only a friend in the epilogue, so yes to the influence being a factor :) It has been about 7 months since I played this game so I don't quite remember how it all works but I do remember Gann plays hard to get. He will constantly evade the question and give half hints for a very long time. The talk about "If I ever love someone, I will mention it" is an original game talk but he still can't admit/doesn't realize it himself yet. I don't remember any serious flirts till very very late in the game, right before a very spoilerish event that I won't mention, so I don't think you did anything wrong. It just hasn't happened yet outside of the basic ones you have now. I would double check for you but NWN2 is on my other computer which is in pieces :thumbsup:

I could be completely wrong about all this though. I'd say wait for the experts to confirm :hm:

Raieyana, I think you may just have hit upon the answer to Avalonofthebluemist's problem. One of the reasons this question has been so hard to answer is that we don't actually touch any of the dialogues in the Skein. We've got abundant content for Bishop and Casavir in the OC, but we're only modifying global conversations, those you get when you voluntarily "Talk to" the NPC by right-clicking on his portrait, in MotB.

So, in answer to the OP's question, if you aren't getting a love confession out of Gann in the Slumbering Coven, it's probably because your influence is not high enough, or because you chose an ever-so-slightly-different dialogue path through the conversation, not because of anything introduced by the flirt pack. Also, Gann's conversations in the Skein are highly convoluted, so it's going to be impossible to sort out which path you followed through the conversation unless you gave me a line-by-line transcript of the conversation. If you feel like doing that, I'll try to set aside some time to have an MSN conversation to sort out the problem. Shoot me a PM and we'll work out the particulars.

As for telling him that you love him via flirt-menu flirts... Domi, is that exclusive to Act 3? I seem to remember it being so.

Then your memory is better than mine! I am still at work, so I can't check :thumbsup: Work, dentist, pool, shopping are all still outstanding for today, and I am taking Kira to the pool in the evening too (that child can talk you into *anything* with those eyelashes. Gods, I pity men when she comes of age). Gosh, that idyllic vision of coding Neeshka's talk after my dental is starting to evaporate real fast. Where is a Time Stop spell when you really need it?

Guest Aciera

I hope my comment is not to late, but I have played through MotB twice now and I believe you need Very high influence with Gann to get the luv confession from him after you defeat the his mother. I know cause i have gotten that confession at that point in the game before, although I have yet to play it with the Romance mod. I am currently playing through it now. And good job BTW, its pretty good so far. Although I have one quetion. *Spoiler!!!* Highlight below please....

Is there suppose to be a conversation with bishop after you char's night in the glad? I thought there might be one..but when i go back to the flagon bishop isnt there. Then when i add him to the party he has nothing new to say. Im just curious, i dont want to miss anything.

Thanks

Archived