Before Maskof Betrayer I only had been familiar with Casavir and Bishop's characters. Now playing Mask of Betrayer Gann is more fun than those two. Don't getme wrong I still like the beloved Bishop and dear sweet Casavir. But Gann has some really REALLY funny lines. "I was born from a dream, left to fend for myself in this harsh land......" anyway, Gann is a cool character. I do admit the concept of his dreamwalking in other's dreams seems like violation of people's minds but he certainly doesn't have any malice toward the people whose dreams he walks in. He seems like a decent enough person. But anyway, I am just wondering. I don;t hear enough 'bout Gann on here. Who is a Gann fan on here?

I will say that before I started playing MotB I was willing to dump Gann for Cas and Bishop but now that I know what he is like, I am not sure anymore....... Gann is cooler (personality wise) compared to emo Bishop and "Old Owl Well are the only words I know" Casavir.

okay, looking back up at what I wrote, that does seem a little harsh but it's true. I still like all 3 though. And fanfiction adds the dessert after the dinner! I know this has been said numerous times before over the web, but I will say it here. The "romances" in the games that Obsidian dished out are so not complete. Among other things. eeekk!! ;):hm::thumbsup:

Anyhoo, back on topic..... Gann is funny, has a wacky sense of humor (which I like), and is good looking too (excuse me, anti-Gann people, but he is) He is exotic looking and can be sweet, if you have enough influence with him that is.

He has a sad back story (I mean, seriously, his mom having to eat his dad?) Talk about morbid. Therefore I think the game devs did a little better of a job of making his character more interesting than Cas for instance. But I still like Cas!!!!!! And Bishop too!!!!!

OKay, ready for the onslaught of rotten fruit thrown my way :) )

I have to agree that they did a much better job with Gann it's a good romance on it's own and the flirts are a nice touch. He does seem a lot more in depth then Casavir who they only seem to give a vague story of. I also find him to be a nice middle ground between Casavir and Bishop. He's kind of cocky and arrogant but not what I'd call evil and still has enough of that tortured soul thing going on to keep me interested.

I have to agree that they did a much better job with Gann it's a good romance on it's own and the flirts are a nice touch. He does seem a lot more in depth then Casavir who they only seem to give a vague story of. I also find him to be a nice middle ground between Casavir and Bishop. He's kind of cocky and arrogant but not what I'd call evil and still has enough of that tortured soul thing going on to keep me interested.

Yes, Gann is a nice middle ground between the other 2. And also right in the middle alignment-wise too.

Whereas Cas (Lawful Good) is a real goody two shoes and Bishop is a reckless and self-absorbed villain (Chaotic Evil), Gann (Chaotic Neutral) is a nice change. He's funny and would also like being responded to in a humorous fashion. He is also not "paladinish" or villainous but rather possibly a mixture of those two.

And let's not forget our favorite male tiefling Valen. (Chaotic Good)

I think maybe this post should be called "The Men of Neverwinter Nights" instead. Is it hot in here or what?? :hm::thumbsup::)

Forgot to mention one "tiny" little thing. I think the flirts for Gann add more to the somewhat romance in MotB. IMO, if it wasn't for the flirts I would in fact be rather shocked when Gann proclaims "Oh, and by the way, I love you!" What happened to the beginning and middle part of the romance? :thumbsup::hm:

Oh and one question: when is Gann (after meeting his mother) supposed to say that anyway? Do you need to PRY it out of him with a tweezers or something? that is what it seems like to me. :)

Guest Elflady182

The love confession is part of the "first vow I ever made..." speech. If his influence is "Devoted" (>75) you get 2 new dialogue options that lead to him confessing his love. Then you get the chance to either reciprocate or turn him down. If you turn him down, the romance is over (at least, that's what it looks like in the Toolset).

From what I can tell, if your influence isn't high enough after confronting Gulk'aush, you can simply not initiate dialogue with Gann and wait until it is - when you do, the conversation should still trigger (I could be wrong, but that is what it looked like to me). At the very least, you should be able to wait until you finish the Coven off - giving you quite a few chances to gain influence with him if you make the right choices.

{Or, if you want to cheat your influence up, the code is rs ka_influence_set(gann, 76) }

Hope somebody finds this helpful. :suspect:

Guest nenya
From what I can tell, if your influence isn't high enough after confronting Gulk'aush, you can simply not initiate dialogue with Gann and wait until it is - when you do, the conversation should still trigger (I could be wrong, but that is what it looked like to me). At the very least, you should be able to wait until you finish the Coven off - giving you quite a few chances to gain influence with him if you make the right choices.

Yes, it works this way. And it is easy to gain more influence with him during the Coven encounter and additionally during conversation with Bishop, if you need it.

As for Gann, I admired him since I first saw him in the prison. And the romance with him was an absolute must for me, despite all the lacks and flaws. Though of course I was quite annoyed when reading exactly the same dialogue elements twice (after the hags and then at the Bertrayer's Gate) and getting the message about dream connection over and over. I did not choose romance with Casavir or Bishop, but I fell for Gann immediately ???

Archived