BG2:ToB without CD?

Sorrow

Ok, I'm fed up with this crap. I lost my second CD drive which got stuck in my old computer and now I have to take out BG2:ToB CD every time I want to make a backup or play another game whose publisher was retarded enough to infect it with a CD-check.

I want to be able to play without CD in drive. Any ideas how to do this?

1. Find a no-cd crack on the Internet. I have heard that his is a terrible solution and not very reliable.
  2. Make an iso of the ToB disk and put it on your computer and mount it with Daemon Tools. This does take up a lot of space though, so if you have a lot of disk space, then go ahead.

1. Find a no-cd crack on the Internet. I have heard that his is a terrible solution and not very reliable.
Well, there is a no-CD crack within the NeJ2.42b(direct download link), which you can extract with WinRAR if you open the self-extracting-archive with it... but do not install the mod unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Find a no-cd crack on the Internet. I have heard that his is a terrible solution and not very reliable.

Just for the record: not only I use ToB No-CD since the dawn of time & it never failed me, but I also checked several of recent exe-hacking mods around to find out they work as well with properly cracked exe as they do with vanilla one. :thumbsup:

Well, there is a no-CD crack within the NeJ2.42b(direct download link), which you can extract with WinRAR if you open the self-extracting-archive with it... but do not install the mod unless you know exactly what you are doing.

The No-CD crack from NeJ doesn't work for me.

Does anyone know what I can use to install a CD-image on Ubuntu-based Linux?

IIRC, under Gnome it was an option from the right-click menu.

Via command-line, you need to do the following: create the mountpoint, append the following line to /etc/fstab:

/path/to/image.iso /path/to/mountpoint iso9660 ro,loop,auto 0 0

mount the iso (it will be automounted by next reboot), and then as a normal user run winecfg, go to the drive section, and add the mountpoint as a new CD drive.

Archived