need help with neeshka crash

Guest wookieboy15

Guest wookieboy15

Okay, so i have downloaded the latest version (v2) of the romance mod and also downloaded the music file. However my game seems to crash whenever i try to talk to neeshka after rescuing her from the fort lock guards. I first extracted the folder fp_v2 out of the zip and pasted it as it was into the override folder, but as it was not working i went into the fp_v2 folder and took out all the individual folders/files and put them in the override folder instead. I also did the same the the FP_Music folder. However my game is still crashing after that scene but only when i try to talk with neeshka. Any help would be appreciated as i am really looking forward to the neeshka romance and its quite frustruating for it to be malfunctioning.

The Music should not go into the Override folder. They should go into the Music folder. The trouble is with your install, so let's start with deleting the music. Are you using the correct Override folder? The fact that it was not working before you extracted all the files is pointing that you might not have. NWN2 creates two installs of NWN2 (I know, it's crazy), one in your Program Files, and another - in my documents. Our module has to go to the MyProgram version of the Override.

Try deleting everything you have extracted. Forget about the music for the moment. Re-download V2. Extract just the FP folder in your MyProgram/Atari/NWN2/Override and see if it works.

Guest wookieboy15

After posting, i looked at the "Yes... im a noob" topic which sounded like it could be a similar problem to mine and went ahead and deleted all the old files and re-downloaded the v2 zip file. i put the zip in the program file/atari/nwn2/override folder then extracted to same location and even started a new game to see if it was a script fail but i still have the same problem. The game runs fine until i actually try to "talk" to neeshka after the fort locke rescue and then black screen crashes on me.

Guest the dude
After posting, i looked at the "Yes... im a noob" topic which sounded like it could be a similar problem to mine and went ahead and deleted all the old files and re-downloaded the v2 zip file. i put the zip in the program file/atari/nwn2/override folder then extracted to same location and even started a new game to see if it was a script fail but i still have the same problem. The game runs fine until i actually try to "talk" to neeshka after the fort locke rescue and then black screen crashes on me.

having the exact same problem

Guest Guest with cake

I am having same problem as well. I have all three expansions installed but no other custom content and windows 7 64 bit. It only seems to be a problem with neeska as an older save had the druid working just fine.

It either crashes the game or causes my main character and neeshka to switch spots when talked too.

Guest the dude
I am having same problem as well. I have all three expansions installed but no other custom content and windows 7 64 bit. It only seems to be a problem with neeska as an older save had the druid working just fine.

It either crashes the game or causes my main character and neeshka to switch spots when talked too.

same cept' i have vista 64 bit. odd

Guest Guest Sinthoras

Same problem here but I have Win xp 32 bit. And it can't be a problem with incompatibility because this is the only mod I have... Please help, I'm really looking foward to play with this briliant mod.

I also am having the crashing issue with v2, on Win XP 32. No other custom content apart from Fenril's heads, and all expansions installed.

Had no previous issues at all with v1 of this pack, so I doubted it was an incompatibility issue with the custom heads.

I couldn't edit my post above, but anyway..... I removed Neeshka's folder from the fp_v2 folder, and was able to talk to her just fine without the game crashing. I assume nothing in there is needed / required for Bishop or Cas's romance progression in any way? ( hope not )

I was planning on playing a male character this time, to check out Neeshka's romance, but going through again with Bishop is no hardship, until there is a solution for the crashes :suspect:

I couldn't edit my post above, but anyway..... I removed Neeshka's folder from the fp_v2 folder, and was able to talk to her just fine without the game crashing. I assume nothing in there is needed / required for Bishop or Cas's romance progression in any way? ( hope not )

I was planning on playing a male character this time, to check out Neeshka's romance, but going through again with Bishop is no hardship, until there is a solution for the crashes :suspect:

This sucks, i reinstalled NWN2 specifically to play the Neeshka romance. I have no other mods as this is a fresh install of NWN2/MotB/SoZ and all updates. Mod is installed as per instructions. Right after rescuing Neeshka i go to "Talk to" and without fail, everytime it crashes the game to desktop. Uninstall the mod, load up same save game, "Talk to" Neeshka and it works fine. Has to be a glitch in the mod somewhere seeing as i'm not the only one experiencing this. Would love some help with this from the devs.

It sounds like the problem is with the Neeshka's file because it doesn't have the dialogues for her romance included, just the holders. I thought that Global settings will stop that from happening. Hold on, folks, I will take a look and upload a hot patch asap tonight.

It sounds like the problem is with the Neeshka's file because it doesn't have the dialogues for her romance included, just the holders. I thought that Global settings will stop that from happening. Hold on, folks, I will take a look and upload a hot patch asap tonight.

I can confirm this problem. I have tried it with old saved game before adding the pack, with new games, and various folder/folder/files, folder/files and just files installs. Also, I do not have any other hakpaks or mods installed. Just fully updated with NWN2 and MotB and the romance pack. Neeshka is the only conflict, on old saves when I went to talk to her it was just result in no action (i'd run over, and the she would turn to face me, but nothing). In the new game, Talk To crashes the game to the desktop. Thanks in advance for a fix, i'll be looking for it!

Hi folks, I deleted all the lead-ons into Neeshka's chats from that one and loaded it into a few saves I have. It seems to work fine.

Please, un-rar this version into you FlirtPack/Neeshka folder replacing the troublesome version of gl_neeshka.dlg. I would appreciate if someone gets back to me letting me know if it fixes the problem. If it does, I will poke poor Berelinde to update V2. If not, well, we'll work on it.

gl_neeshka.rar

Archived