Bug Reports

Please report bugs here. When reporting a bug make sure you:

- Are specific about where and when the bug occurred.

- State variables if you know what they are.

Please make sure you followed the installation instructions too. I'll throw cyber vegetables at you if you tell me that Shadow Hand broke your BG NPC Project install...or something similar. :suspect:

Ok, 1 minor inconsistency & 1 bug to start you off :suspect:

Firstly, while I was fighting with those chickens, I've got my non-magical dagger all of sudden snapped in half, pretty weird considering we're talking about 30 years after iron crysis.

Now, for serious business. I was fighting with those chickens (as you undoubtedly know by now), and, after slaying poor rabid critters, I still don't have the option to tell Sherry I've done it. I have K#RabidChicken set to 1, I killed all 6 chickens if Sprite_Is_DeadK#Chick being equal 6 means something... I don't remember details of how dialogue files are processed by the engine, but it looks at a first glance as if I've been offered with that one of Sherry's similar "Oh, hello dear." lines which is dead-end.

Upd: Strange Woman in Thieves Guild doesn't have any tooltip name at all:

post-240-1266444331_thumb.jpg

Edited by Creepin
Game CTD's when I'm trying to leave Thieves Guild via easternmost exit (the one where fence located in vanilla BG1). Unless I'm mistaken area transit trigger Door0148 points at area K#0148, which is not present among game files.

Out of about 500 Tutu area files, there were two that didn't seem to meet the requirements for being a valid area, and you seem to have found one already. (Good job? :suspect:) I'll look into what's up with them.

Edit: it looks like both areas are missing a .mos file, meaning that clicking on the map icon while in the area shows a blank screen. Both are quite tiny rooms, so the BG1 developers might just have not bothered giving them one. In future versions I'll revise the checks so .mos files aren't required for determining an area's validity.

Edit 2: I was able to generate the MOS files in DLTCEP in about 30 seconds by clicking random buttons. We can easily add them to SH, but I might also post them to the BG1 Fixpack (in case it ever gets done) and EasyTutu forums if I don't forget.

Edited by Mike1072
Firstly, while I was fighting with those chickens, I've got my non-magical dagger all of sudden snapped in half, pretty weird considering we're talking about 30 years after iron crysis.

This would be because items aren't done... or started... or what have you. The iron crisis should be a thing of the past.

This is not so much of a bug report than just an install report.

Now, as I have not done much else than installed a part of the mod, I'll attach the archived debug. As you probably can see from it, it was installed with warning, probably because I hadn't any other mod installed before the Shadow Hand.

It also contains a lot of these:

Not copying [FW0004.ARE] to [override/FW0004.ARE] because it did not change

[./override/FW0005.ARE] loaded, 1808 bytes

[./override/FW0164.wed] loaded, 2542 bytes

Not copying [FW0005.ARE] to [override/FW0005.ARE] because it did not change

[./override/FW0006.ARE] loaded, 2532 bytes

[./override/FW0155.wed] loaded, 3584 bytes

Not copying [FW0006.ARE] to [override/FW0006.ARE] because it did not change

[./override/FW0007.ARE] loaded, 2456 bytes

[./override/FW0156.wed] loaded, 3712 bytes

Not copying [FW0007.ARE] to [override/FW0007.ARE] because it did not change

So I am asking; Is this purposefully done as you'll be editing those areas later, or something... as you said, the EasyTutu needs to be clean, and so I had a clean install, meaning that you wouldn't need to do the above thing, as the Tutu should have done so already.

Oh cheese, and now I just noticed I installed just the ground works and not the actual TC, ouh cheese, well guess I'll have to actually install the TC too. ermm.gif

Later then.

Debug.zip

That's BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES working as expected.

I believe the "INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS" is because we compile some scripts that reference creatures that we don't copy over until later (so currently it's also to be expected).

Edited by Mike1072
Do you mean the BUT_ONLY ? As it doesn't matter which you use.

Ah, but the question is, do you need to copy the files in the first place? As in, do you wish to waste the time just to waste the time? As the install instructions should say that you need completely clean EasyTutu, and you might want to check that the install is clean, but not copy just to copy. :suspect:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
You mean the BUT_ONLY , as it doesn't matter which you use.

They are the same except that one is human readable, so I chose to explain with that one. Next time please put a "Do" in front of the sentence and end it with a question mark, unless you're trying to irritate the person you're correcting.

Ah, but the question is, do you need to copy the files in the first place?

Yes. The regexp copy does two things: it verifies that the existing areas have all needed files, plus it generates a list of these valid files. It isn't possible to rename files in a regexp copy, so you need a list of the files so you can copy and rename them individually.

While drawbridge is lowered correctly in Wyrm's Crossing, it lacks some square elements of which map animation consists (mos, tis, whatsthename... sorry, I'm not pro in map animations :suspect: ). Here's the pic, I've highlighted "line of the cut" where there should apparently be some more squares of animation SE of the line.

P.s. yeah, too lazy to use degreenifier :laugh:

post-240-1266490450_thumb.jpg

You did know that there is a random chance that one gets a random encounter? ... somewhere between the Baldur's Gate Bridge and the Friendly Arms Inn, there was 6 archers, and my thief died. Reloaded and didn't meat them again.

I found the Gorions letter addressed to me in the Candlekeeps area(k#2612), so

apparently I am the Bhaalspawn and her son

. :suspect:

Also found the Bastard Sword in Taemon's Smith(sp?) in Beregost, the Ring of Wizardry in Friendly Arm Inns map, outside the outer wall. And the Ankheg Plate Mail in Naskel.