Bug Reports

You did know that there is a random chance that one gets a random encounter? ... somewhere between the Baldur's Gate Bridge and the Friendly Arms Inn, there was 6 archers, and my thief died. Reloaded and didn't meat them again.

I found the Gorions letter addressed to me in the Candlekeeps area(k#2612), so

apparently I am the Bhaalspawn and her son

. :suspect:

Also found the Bastard Sword in Taemon's Smith(sp?) in Beregost, the Ring of Wizardry in Friendly Arm Inns map, outside the outer wall. And the Ankheg Plate Mail in Naskel.

Yes, [broken record] the items portion of the mod has not been addressed yet [/broken record].

Hello! I just finished a rather rushed play-through of Shadow Hand. I'll provide a some more meaty feedback at a better time, but for now - one question: where is it supposed to finish, currently?

After Chapter 3, Imoen says she'll back in a few days, or something to that effect, and then that's the end of it. Tried resting multiple times and nothing happened, so I assumed that was where you'd reached. Thought I'd just make sure.

Overall, it ran smoothly. All key plot characters were there, and I didn't struggle overmuch. With journal entries, it'll be even easier. Looks like this'll be a really good mod.

Immideately as I entered Candlekeep map I was displayed with the dialogue of Loren arguing with Gatekeeper, even though both Loren & Gatekeeper was good 2 screens away from me, deep in fog of war. Not quite realistic is you ask me. I blame rather weird trigger of See("K#CAGUA") in Loren's script, perhaps it might yield more realistical behaviour if swapped to See(PC) or even Range(PC,30) to be absolutely on the safe side.

Not exactly a bug report, but rather a question: am I unable to leave candlekeep after receiving Imoen's letter because it's not programmed yet, because of bug, or (most embarassing possibility) because I'm stupid? :suspect:

I've talked with this Fergus who said he hopes to see me again and then disappeared, then I talked with Gretchen who gave me the letter and disappeared as well, so I'm now all alone in a whole candlekeep and the only npc, gatekeeper, is outside and unable to help me :laugh:

Some thoughts about Cal's dialogue in the Ulcaster ruins.

As I understand, it was planned that player will at first try to chat Cal, gets her "bug off" line, then chat with Imoen and only after that will have a chance to properly recruit Cal. Well, in this case all is fine, but only if player will behave in this predictable manner.

However, if a player will first talk to Cal, and then talks to her again before speaking to Imoen, she will "has nothing to say" to him. It's not a game breaker for sure but I always regarded this outcome in dialogue as a sign of poorly planned/written dialogue file.

Further, if a player will talk to Imoen first, and talk to Cal later, he will still get her "Can't you see I'm busy, so get lost" line, but if he'll guess to talk to her again immideately after that he'll get her joining dialogue, which really doesn't look believable or likely.

Both this issues could be easily fixed if NumberOfTimesTalkedTo(0) trigger in Cal's first line will be swapped to something like GlobalLT("K#GameGlobal","GLOBAL",8).

- Palace Guard at the entrance to Duchal Palace & Duke Iludor doesn't have tooltip names as well.

- It doesn't make much sense that after I turned down Iludor's offer & was thrown out of palace with a promise that I'll never see Iludor again I'm still invited "to the second floor" by palace guard and asked how am I doing by my "friend" Iludor.

- Imoen keeps asking "any news of Anton & Dayla" even if I alredy told her that I've found Dayla. Perhaps Imoen should remember it and ask only about the one I didn't reported as being found yet.

Edited by Creepin

Amnish soldiers in Nashkell Barracks, both Officer & Guards, don't have their tooltip names.

---

Cloudpeak area (K#5300) is horrybly laggy. Can't say why as both area script & Anton script are quite simple. Don't know whether it's relevant or not, but lag doesn't stops after chatting with Anton.

Edited by Creepin

Ok, a small report

Bugs:

- I also couldn't report that I killed all the furious chickens. BTW, I love this idea :blush:

- The bridge thing, but you already know that.

- I think that some of already existing talks should have some more replies. I understand that our friend from Ulgoth's Beard didn't give us a chance to refuse taking the quest, but the chicken woman should... I think there was one more thing like that somewhere, but I do not remember the place now. Will it be changed or done dialogues won't change?

- The lack of exit from Candlekeep ofc...

Now some thoughts:

- The progress of game is quite quick. I think that it could be extended with for example sub quests given by plot characters - like the one to who we deliver letter. Before he tell us to go to Candlekeep he could give us a quest or two connected to preparing for upcoming fights... Without that kind of stuff the mod will be finished in 2-3 hours...

- I really like the Shadowmistress. I would never gues that she's... you know. I do not want to include big spoilers for potential testers.

- Of course it's a pity that there are still only few people in the game, but it's obvious that they will be written later.

Do you have voice actors for NPCs? I'm quite curious.

Any ideas for side quests already? While I'm playing I'm thinking of those... Should I write somewhere the ideas? (if I come up with something)