The dreaded progress request

Netharin

Guest Scott

Things still progessing?

Im gathering mods for another playthough of bg2 and tob after many years, am hoping for the tob content to be apart of it =D

Guest Darthric

First let me say, this mod is awesome and probably one of the best mods I have played for a game (and I have played quite a few) and I can't wait for the ToB part :)

A question I have is, if we started the SoA portion now and played to the end of SoA, could we then install the ToB mod over the top when it comes out and continue or do we need to start a fresh game from the beginning of SoA? (sorry if this has been answered before)

First let me say, this mod is awesome and probably one of the best mods I have played for a game (and I have played quite a few) and I can't wait for the ToB part :)

A question I have is, if we started the SoA portion now and played to the end of SoA, could we then install the ToB mod over the top when it comes out and continue or do we need to start a fresh game from the beginning of SoA? (sorry if this has been answered before)

Should be perfectly fine. You'll just uninstall the old version of the mod then install the new version. Just don't start ToB yet (not sure what will happen or not happen if you do).

And thank you.

Should be perfectly fine. You'll just uninstall the old version of the mod then install the new version. Just don't start ToB yet (not sure what will happen or not happen if you do).

And thank you.

Ahem, I might have a problem. I had to do a system restore a few days ago. Tyris still works and all, no problem. But I can no longer "see" the uninstall command in the BG2 file. Does this mean I'm screwed? I honestly thought the TOB version of Tyris would simply install "over" the existing version.

And thank you.

Ahem, I might have a problem. I had to do a system restore a few days ago. Tyris still works and all, no problem. But I can no longer "see" the uninstall command in the BG2 file. Does this mean I'm screwed? I honestly thought the TOB version of Tyris would simply install "over" the existing version.

Hang on, what do you mean by "no longer see the uninstall command"? If you go to your BG2 folder and double-click Setup-TyrisFlare.exe does it give you the option to Install it or give the option to Reinstall or Uninstall it? If it's the latter everything is fine. If it's the former then WeiDU doesn't think the mod is installed, which means if it infact is installed, there's a massive issue (because WeiDU won't be able to uninstall any mods correctly).

Hang on, what do you mean by "no longer see the uninstall command"? If you go to your BG2 folder and double-click Setup-TyrisFlare.exe does it give you the option to Install it or give the option to Reinstall or Uninstall it? If it's the latter everything is fine. If it's the former then WeiDU doesn't think the mod is installed, which means if it infact is installed, there's a massive issue (because WeiDU won't be able to uninstall any mods correctly).

Oh I see now. No, we're good.

Guest blkholsun
And we're pretty much there. Just finished editing EmberWolf's final batch of lines. Just a couple of retakes and then Tyris is done.

Awesome news.

Guest AbyssmalShadow

I can't wait! :) I've been watching this for months now, I tried playing through it, but couldn't bring myself to finish a game until the TOB content was released, what I did play I loved though, keep up the good work! Rooting for the finished product!

Archived