missing love talk 16 or 17, not sure

Guest Guest

Hi, I'm sorry if this was answered already but I'm not getting a love talk, I think it might be lt 17,but I'm not sure. ???

I've played the Gavin mod before and absolutely love it :D I can't wait for him in BGII ???

However, I've been playing a new game and everything is going really well, my rep is at 20 and I'm not in any other relationship and he just, hasn't talked to me in a long time! :suspect: I was in Durlag's tower for a while and thought he may talk to me after we got out, no luck. I've even resorted to just leaving the game unpaused walk away from the computer for a while and wait for something to pop up, any advice? All of the flirts are still available, am I just being impatient? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :laugh:

Have you gotten a visit from anybody in Gavin's family? You need to be outside for that to happen, and I don't think it will in one of the ToSC areas. If you just got out of Durlag's Tower, it's possible you haven't been in an eligible area yet. You could try going to the Friendly Arm Inn or Nahskel.

Once that happens, the next talk should fire at rest.

There is a slight delay, though, so if it's been more than a couple game days since you heard him say that fear is a strange emotion, send archive your most recent saved game in a ZIP or RAR and send it to me at my screen name at gmail dot com.

Have you gotten a visit from anybody in Gavin's family? You need to be outside for that to happen, and I don't think it will in one of the ToSC areas. If you just got out of Durlag's Tower, it's possible you haven't been in an eligible area yet. You could try going to the Friendly Arm Inn or Nahskel.

Once that happens, the next talk should fire at rest.

There is a slight delay, though, so if it's been more than a couple game days since you heard him say that fear is a strange emotion, send archive your most recent saved game in a ZIP or RAR and send it to me at my screen name at gmail dot com.

Thanks for the fast reply! I've been wandering around for a while, I've been in Nahskel, Beregost, and I just went to the Friendly Arm Inn, nobody's showing up :/ :suspect: ok, I'll try to do what you say, though I'm a bit technologically challenged :laugh:

First of all, you need some kind of archival software, like WinZIP or WinRAR. This is because my email server tends to remove attachments where it doesn't recognize the extension.

Once that's installed, you need to find the relevant saved game in your game directory. I'll attach a picture of my latest BG2 save so you can see what I mean.

Once you find it, right-click on it and add it to some kind of archive, ZIP or RAR. You can then email the archive to me.

FindSave.jpg

FindSaveArchive.jpg

First of all, you need some kind of archival software, like WinZIP or WinRAR. This is because my email server tends to remove attachments where it doesn't recognize the extension.

Once that's installed, you need to find the relevant saved game in your game directory. I'll attach a picture of my latest BG2 save so you can see what I mean.

Once you find it, right-click on it and add it to some kind of archive, ZIP or RAR. You can then email the archive to me.

Argh! Thanks! That was very well explained, so simply that even I should be able to figure it out...but...I get all the way to the BGII-SOA file and there actually is no "save" file :suspect: , I kid you not! Any advice? Thanks!

Are you playing BG Tutu v4, Easy Tutu, or BGT?

If you're playing EasyTutu, the path to your saved game will probaly be

c:\program files\black isle\baldursgatetutu\save

If it's Tutu v4 or BGT, it will probably be

c:\program files\black isel\BGII - SoA

Are you playing BG Tutu v4, Easy Tutu, or BGT?

If you're playing EasyTutu, the path to your saved game will probaly be

c:\program files\black isle\baldursgatetutu\save

If it's Tutu v4 or BGT, it will probably be

c:\program files\black isel\BGII - SoA

I'm playing EasyTutu and so I did what you said for that and yet again no "save" file...oh boy...this is getting a bit rediculous :D:laugh: Any other advice, should I just start a new game or use load a much older save? Again thank you very much :suspect:

Maybe you could take a screenshot of your game directory? If you have any saved games at all, they should be in either "save" or "mpsave".

If you were trying to fix the problem yourself by changing variables, though, you might have no choice but to use either an earlier save or a new game. This isn't really a romance you can speed up by changing variables.

Maybe you could take a screenshot of your game directory? If you have any saved games at all, they should be in either "save" or "mpsave".

If you were trying to fix the problem yourself by changing variables, though, you might have no choice but to use either an earlier save or a new game. This isn't really a romance you can speed up by changing variables.

No, I didn't do anything to try and fix it myself with variables, just waiting around and all that...great, now I'm gonna sound really stupid, how do you save something like that to a message? Thanks!

Open up your EasyTutu directory and hit "Print Screen." It should be above your backspace button, after F12.

Now open up a graphics editing program. You should have MS Paint, if you have nothing else. Click on your start button and choose "All Programs." Find the folder called "Accessories" and open that up. Inside, you'll see MS Paint. Once you've got MS Paint open, click "new" to get a new canvas to work on, then select Edit>Paste. That will paste the screen shot you just took to a file. Save it to any format and email it to me at my screen name at gmail dot com. Once you've done that, I can tell you how to find your saved game.

Don't be down on yourself. Three and a half years ago, I couldn't even *install* a mod.

Archived