About Angelo's romance variable?

Guest Fading Orb

Guest Fading Orb

Does it ever turn to 2 in SoA? I wonder cause I want to play with 2 romances for quite a while before splitting games and going on since I played game this so so many times already. Or can I romance him and Ajantis unengaged until ToB and then split off and do them separately?

Hmm, I was never sure about this side of things, but if memory serves...the variable does go to 2 in the course of things. But at least originally, Angelo didn't detect any romances except Anomen and Xan, so Ajantis should be fine. But this "issue" might have been "fixed" at a later date, making it automatically kill or be killed by another 2 romance, so I can't swear to that.

To play it safe--I know Angelo won't mess with Ajantis before the variable goes to 2. You'll know which talk trips his variable when you get there (he makes a big deal of it), so I would split the game there.

Enjoy! :suspect:

Does it ever turn to 2 in SoA? I wonder cause I want to play with 2 romances for quite a while before splitting games and going on since I played game this so so many times already. Or can I romance him and Ajantis unengaged until ToB and then split off and do them separately?

When I get around to versioning up the Crossmod Banter Pack, Angelo will be added to the list of NPCs that are included in the "romance conflict" component. SisterVigilante and I talked about this months ago, shortly after v9 came out.

"Romance conflict" is a bit of a misnomer, here, since the actal romance conflict dialogues are handled in the "banters" files, not the "romance conflict" component. What the romance conflict component does is shut down all other active romances when one romance goes to a committed stage. It affects only mod NPCs.

Some mods, like Amber, Edwin, and Kivan, handle romance conflicts and auto-kills in the mods themselves, but others, like Kelsey, PPG's Nalia, and others, rely on the CBP "romance conflict" component to handle all romance auto-kills.

So, when CBP v10 comes out, if you want to romance Ajantis and Angelo simultaneously, don't install the CBP romance conflicts.

Guest Guest Fading Orb

That's very helpful both of you, thanks! At least splitting my game will allow me to enjoy it more and not get sick of it too soon. So many great romances to have!

Archived