Petals & Thorns Ideas: Barfights, Embarrassment

cmorgan

"the word" :)

The inside scenario did not work for me, for the same reason, but the "night outside trademeet bar" implementation just above this works fine. But... I definitely could use an "ambush" area.

Cool. Download either the latest version of Gavin or Keldorn romance and just take the area. It's b!aley, IIRC. It looks like a random encounter area and the aley exits, should you not handle it through cutscenes, dump the party outside the Sea's Bounty. Of course, if you want the exits to point to areas that aren't outside the Sea's Bounty, I'll have to tweak the area, but that will have to wait until I get my IE modding computer fixed. Can't get IETME to run on Windows 7 and that's the kind of area work that's easier for me to do in IETME than DLTCEP.

PS-- If you take it from Gavin, help yourself to the area b!wood I said you could use, as well. It's the wooded area you wanted for that walk in the woods dialogue. It doesn't have any exits, though, since it was designed to be nothing more than a backdrop for conversation.

Whoops! You said you wanted it to take place outside the Trademeet bar, not an Athkatla bar. If you don't care if the architecture is different, go ahead and use the area. If you want it to match Trademeet architecture, I can make up a mini area, but that might have to wait a couple of weeks.

No worries - leave this one out, as the current implementation works well in testing. I can steal the ambush area, clear the exits, and use the updated area-manipulation macros to create the exits and entrances. I will steal away, and set up an ambush area, though... I am playing around with the quest stuff this week so that I can try for some serious progress next week during Spring Break.

Archived