BG2: Problems and bug reports

DeathAngel

Hello, thanks for maintaining this great mod!
I want to report a small issue I met while playing Gavin BG2. In regular Talk 2, which starts with the line "Did you ever find out why you were abducted?", as the pic shows (a screenshot from DLTCEP):

snap1768.jpg.4da402e13336855d50063c224649c753.jpg
I think the conditions for the two responses pointed by the red arrow are reversed, which make Gavin react as he had already known the Bhaalspawn matter when he had never met PC in BG1, and vice versa.

One other thing: the download button on Gavin for BG2's homepage seems not linked to the correct download page.

Am i an idiot or yes?  In my playthrough Gavin is my fiance, i recognized the ring and etc, but he acts like we never met ech over.  I mean, yes, he told Miranda that i'm his lover (or something like that) and that's it.  He starts mumbling and blushing all the time i flirt with him, like my MC is a stranger.  Is that supposed to be this way?  Im asking because i reinstalled my game and mod, but the saves are the same, so ... maybe it's something i did wrong

18 minutes ago, Anton said:

BG2 Gavin can't be summoned via Fate Spirits in EET...

And you couldn't bother to copy the describing terms said in the Fate Spirit dialog... Why not ? The likely cause is the chapter number perhaps... but I can't say for sure, cause you didn't bother. Yes, the mod might need a EET update, if you intend to install it after EET... but the EET_end should update the chapter number, so unless you mishandled your mod install for some reason, this shouldn't be the case. So weidu.log's content is a good start to start from in questioning the:

27 minutes ago, Anton said:

for some reason.

1 hour ago, Anton said:

BG2 Gavin can't be summoned via Fate Spirits in EET, for some reason.

What do you mean, does the fate spirit reject to summon him or is his name not listed? Please note that he is not appearing in the alphabetical order.

Also, for EET, Gavin's name will not be listed if:

-it is a continuous game and Gavin was not in party in SoA

-Gavin was in group upon transition to ToB

-Gavin is dead.

Guest Guest Name
On 4/13/2020 at 3:37 AM, Guest Name said:

Am i an idiot or yes?  In my playthrough Gavin is my fiance, i recognized the ring and etc, but he acts like we never met ech over.  I mean, yes, he told Miranda that i'm his lover (or something like that) and that's it.  He starts mumbling and blushing all the time i flirt with him, like my MC is a stranger.  Is that supposed to be this way?  Im asking because i reinstalled my game and mod, but the saves are the same, so ... maybe it's something i did wrong

The same thing happened to me, and I had a new save and everything! I selected the slightly-shortened romantic interjection timer (45 mins), and played for over an hour with Gavin in my party, so I was pretty confused when the only conversations we had came across as two acquaintances making small talk. Is there a certain trigger (or triggers) for the major relationship conversation to take place? 

Thanks in advance! 

Guest Guesty McGuestName
On 4/13/2020 at 3:37 AM, Guest Name said:

I had the same issue on a clean save! I selected a slightly-shortened romantic interjection timer (45 mins) and played with Gavin in my party for well over an hour, but was surprised when all our conversations came across more as two acquaintances making small talk than lovers having  discussion. Even the options for asking him questions seemed like they were there to initiate the romance rather than continue it. Is there a trigger (or triggers) that has to take place for the first major conversation to occur? 

Thanks in advance!

I skimmed through the mod files. I think Gavin has a lot of dialogues that also fire for a friendship path, and romance content kicks in later. At least I saw some notes about "gettting serious after LT 14" and I also not see any extra romance LT cycle besides the friendship one. I also do not see a technical differenciation between "BG1 romance run and they are enganged" and "PC is eligible for BGII romance but they never met". The "B!GavinEngaged" also is only used in dialogues, not in his script to fire separate lovetalks.

The very first talk is entitled internally with "Where do we go from here?", though, where some PC replies can lead to an end of the romance.

If Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL") is at "2" in your game which means active committed romance, all is good and appearently intended? 🤷‍♀️