BG2: Problems and bug reports

DeathAngel

Yeah, I know. I forgot to change the name in the tp2. I'm fixing that for v10 as well.

And it's confirmed: deleting the animation refs is all that's required. If Gavin is installed before Aurora's Shoes, then Aurora's shoes creature patching should take care of Talon Thondar. If Gavin is installed after Aurora's Shoes, then it will be copying an already-fixed CRE, so it should be cool.

Anyway, testing with Aurora's shoes has gone well. All I need to do now is package and upload.

As much as I enjoyed Gavin in BG1, I'm liking him much better in BG2! Thanks for all your work and imagination, berelinde!

I did find a couple of picky typos and such so far. (The first couple were in V7 and may have been fixed already. After that, I started a new game with V10.)

--During the talk that begins "have you ever seen something...", there's a response "I don't know what haunts me more, the viscousness (viciousness)"

--I was in a hurry to rescue Imoen, and the scene that begins when Gavin "can't concentrate" and you end up together alone in an alley happened when the party was in the Underdark. So that was a little weird. (Wow, back in Athkatla, can we stay? Please? I HATE the UD, lol.)

--During the talk that begins "you've changed", when the PC says "So when will I be empress?", when Gavin responds "I don't know but keep me in mind if you need a jester" I get a No Valid Replies response. (Still worked OK though.)

--I am running a NE character for my V10 run and Gavin never brought up alignment. So that seemed odd. During his proposal, "The sounds of the world receed (recede)...that too fades to a murmer (murmur)"

Like I said, these are picky, except for the alignment--I was curious to see how he would try to change my PC but nothing ever happened. She didn't actually do anything particularly evil yet, just greedy, so maybe he hasn't got around to running a Detect Evil on her. :)

As much as I enjoyed Gavin in BG1, I'm liking him much better in BG2! Thanks for all your work and imagination, berelinde!

I did find a couple of picky typos and such so far. (The first couple were in V7 and may have been fixed already. After that, I started a new game with V10.)

--During the talk that begins "have you ever seen something...", there's a response "I don't know what haunts me more, the viscousness (viciousness)"

Picky is fine. I've versioned up for one typo, so I don't see why I wouldn't for two, and I don't think either of those were reported. Thanks!

--I was in a hurry to rescue Imoen, and the scene that begins when Gavin "can't concentrate" and you end up together alone in an alley happened when the party was in the Underdark. So that was a little weird. (Wow, back in Athkatla, can we stay? Please? I HATE the UD, lol.)
Woops. AreaType() trigger seems to have failed there, or perhaps you were in an area of the Underdark that was not flagged as a dungeon. Were you in Ust Natha, by any chance? Talks are supposed to happen in Ust Natha, but not in the rest of the Underdark. I suppose that I'll have to make up an Underdark-appropriate area for that talk.

--During the talk that begins "you've changed", when the PC says "So when will I be empress?", when Gavin responds "I don't know but keep me in mind if you need a jester" I get a No Valid Replies response. (Still worked OK though.)

--I am running a NE character for my V10 run and Gavin never brought up alignment. So that seemed odd. During his proposal, "The sounds of the world receed (recede)...that too fades to a murmer (murmur)"

These two issues are related. You were supposed to get the conversion talk during the "you've changed" talk. Since you got the NVROL instead, you missed it. I'll fix that for the next version, ETA soonish. I'll have to make up an area, so it may take a bit, but not too long. If all I'm doing is cropping existing graphics, I can usually have an area done and tested in a couple of hours. The trick is finding a couple of hours...

It won't happen today, unfortunately, since I'm in "life is crazy" mode, at the moment.

Picky is fine. I've versioned up for one typo, so I don't see why I wouldn't for two, and I don't think either of those were reported. Thanks!

Woops. AreaType() trigger seems to have failed there, or perhaps you were in an area of the Underdark that was not flagged as a dungeon. Were you in Ust Natha, by any chance? Talks are supposed to happen in Ust Natha, but not in the rest of the Underdark. I suppose that I'll have to make up an Underdark-appropriate area for that talk.

These two issues are related. You were supposed to get the conversion talk during the "you've changed" talk. Since you got the NVROL instead, you missed it. I'll fix that for the next version, ETA soonish. I'll have to make up an area, so it may take a bit, but not too long. If all I'm doing is cropping existing graphics, I can usually have an area done and tested in a couple of hours. The trick is finding a couple of hours...

It won't happen today, unfortunately, since I'm in "life is crazy" mode, at the moment.

Take your time! I'm curious about the alignment change since I so rarely play evil characters. And really, an evil PC who would fall for Gavin is just ripe for a change, yes?

The UD part happened when the party was resting in the inn in Ust Natha. My PC had to check out the lust chambers...boy, did she get surprised. (This was through the bartender, not upstairs.)

I hope you mean "surprise" in a good way, not in a bad way. I can see how it might offend some people, so there probably should be a warning label on the box about that one, but you did give the approval for explicit content. It was no joke. :)

I hope you mean "surprise" in a good way, not in a bad way. I can see how it might offend some people, so there probably should be a warning label on the box about that one, but you did give the approval for explicit content. It was no joke. :)

The surprise was the change in locale, not the event itself, which was great. If my PC had thought about it, she should have expected a cleric of Lathander (and Gavin in particular) to be on the lusty side, and frank about it. I thought you handled the explicit content very well--there is such a thin line between the sensual and the, well, let's say the ridiculous. And everyone's tastes are different, I suppose. But I enjoyed Gavin's intimate moments very much.

Version 12 is up.

Changes:

Prevents Talk 14 (concentration) from happening in Chapters 4 or 5. If you haven't had it by now, you'll have to wait until after the Underdark.

Corrects alignment-change behavior during Talk 11 (also removes NVROL)

Fixes two typographical errors

Updates to WeiDU v217

Guest Guest_Amaurea_*

I'll have you know that this is probably the only thing that could have gotten me to find some time to play BG2 again, Berelinde! I'm enjoying him tremendously so far. Tactics have never been my strong suit, and I'm lazy... I love using the eSeries scripts when I'm playing. However, when I try to use the hot keys to buff Gavin while I'm using the script (I assign him ePriest), he takes 24-26 points damage. Not quite what I was hoping before battling the slavers, just sayin'... :)

Congrats on a great mod!

Ah, you found the super-sneaky hotkey banter-tester. I put it in so that I could test the "Gavin wounded" banters, and I was going to leave it in until I finished testing ToB, but if it's causing issues with another mod, it has to go. I'll take it out next time I version up, though I just did, so it may be a while.

If you want to take it out now, you can open up b!gavs.bcs with NI, find the block that has HotKey(B) in it, and delete it. Save, and you should be good to go. You won't need it for anything.

Or give me half an hour and I can upload a hotfix that will disable that script block and you won't have to change anything.

Guest Owrklch

Not sure if you got this already but in the middle of one of the talks (I don't know which one, sorry)

f3dd7t.png

choices 5 and 6 are the same (see picture). I didn't think about choosing #5, reloading, and then trying #6 to see if they lead to the same response from him, though. Sorry. I'm sure you can figure out if #6 is supposed to be there or is meant to be a different option.

Anyway, good job with Gavin :) His BG2 version was worth the wait.