berelinde

BG1: Problems and bug reports

Thanks for looking into this, Roxanne. I really appreciate the time and effort you took on my behalf.

One last question: Where did you find that script thing? I'm a techie of no small talent (actually it is a tiny talent, but hey, better than nothing!) and if I'd known about that script I could have figured this out myself.

For that matter if I can learn how to write the script I might be able to come up with my own mods....muhahahaha!

Thanks for looking into this, Roxanne. I really appreciate the time and effort you took on my behalf.

One last question: Where did you find that script thing? I'm a techie of no small talent (actually it is a tiny talent, but hey, better than nothing!) and if I'd known about that script I could have figured this out myself.

For that matter if I can learn how to write the script I might be able to come up with my own mods....muhahahaha!

Look for a tool called Near Infinity. It opens and makes readable all the game resources. https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity

Scripts are BCS-files in these games. To find the script associated with an NPC, you look up in that NPC's cre-file.

Just download Near Infinity and take a look at it. Almost everything is self-explanatory. (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/45358-nearinfinity/)

And Argent77 is around here to help with any questions.

Thank you for the save games. The next Gavin version will have a small follow-up from Kelddath no matter what the status of Bassilus quest so this kind of confusion should not occur any more.

Thank you for reporting!

thanks for that update. Glad to hear I made a difference.

Just making sure: I've done Bassilius, Mutamin and Valeria. Is that it for the Gavin quests? Some of the unintentional spoilers I came across hinted at a quest involving Lanie but that hasn't happened yet and it has been more than five days.

Also my char started off as a True Neutral but I read that Gavin wouldn't romance a Neutral character. So I changed my char to Neutral Good. Is that enough to get Gavin to romance my char? Or Is there something else that needs to be modified? Or is it too late?

Thanks!

thanks for that update. Glad to hear I made a difference.

Just making sure: I've done Bassilius, Mutamin and Valeria. Is that it for the Gavin quests? Some of the unintentional spoilers I came across hinted at a quest involving Lanie but that hasn't happened yet and it has been more than five days.

Also my char started off as a True Neutral but I read that Gavin wouldn't romance a Neutral character. So I changed my char to Neutral Good. Is that enough to get Gavin to romance my char? Or Is there something else that needs to be modified? Or is it too late?

Thanks!

You need to

SetGlobal("B!GavinRomanceMatch","GLOBAL",1)

this is checked when he joins and does not automatically change afterwards.

The Lanie contents only happens when you romance Gavin, if I remember well.

There is a small conflict between Gavin and the Stone of Askavar quest mod, in that both use the same house in Beregost for different events, Gavin for the third of Kelddath's quests, and Askavar for one of the five elven rings.  Since the Gavin mod locks this house, the Askavar quest cannot be completed unless the key from the Gavin mod is found.  It also leads to a strange situation with an innocent girl amidst a group of thugs.

Hum. I fear a big fat warning in the readme is all I can offer. 😞

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.