Bodhi aftermath *spoiler*

sings

OK, Gavin's dead and my PC had promised not to raise him. So before she just breaks her promise, (luckily she's not a lawful sort, heh heh) she remembered he wanted her to talk to someone at the temple. I was thinking it was Arval but he's not there (that I can see) and neither of the ranking clerics (Sain nor Kreel) will speak to her about Gavin. So...am I looking in the wrong place (temple of Lathander), missing something or should I just go on and ignore his clearly stated wishes?

Anomen, bless his little heart, says I should just let him go. :)

Just go ahead and raise him. He doesn't know everything, after all. He'll admit that when you bring him back.

But that reminds me. I should probably make arrangements for Arval to show up for neutral or evil PCs. He's the one that gives the eyeless quest if your PC is good-aligned, but if the PC is neutral, it's Ossig and if evil, somebody else.

Just go ahead and raise him. He doesn't know everything, after all. He'll admit that when you bring him back.

But that reminds me. I should probably make arrangements for Arval to show up for neutral or evil PCs. He's the one that gives the eyeless quest if your PC is good-aligned, but if the PC is neutral, it's Ossig and if evil, somebody else.

I did. But in my experience anyway, only a good cleric gets sent to Arval for the eyeless quest. Other classes, regardless of alignment, get sent to Helm's temple. In this game, that's what happened to my NG FMT. Also, if I play as an evil cleric, chances are real good that the whole temple of Lathander will end up hostile, LOL. So Arval will still be unavailable, unless my PC can catch him hoisting a tankard at the nearest tavern... And that might be fine. Not sure an evil PC would bother to consult him anyway.

Since Gavin will break up with evil PCs who refuse to convert around talk 11, and since the Bodhi abduction only happens if the relationship is committed, it doesn't matter much. Maybe it might not be a bad idea for me to put a Lathandrite 'doctor of theology' somewhere who can answer these hard questions and avoid Arval entirely. Something to think about when I do the revisions for ToB.

Since Gavin will break up with evil PCs who refuse to convert around talk 11, and since the Bodhi abduction only happens if the relationship is committed, it doesn't matter much. Maybe it might not be a bad idea for me to put a Lathandrite 'doctor of theology' somewhere who can answer these hard questions and avoid Arval entirely. Something to think about when I do the revisions for ToB.

Sure, put someone in the temple of Oghma. The books in Bodhi's lair point you there anyway.

Archived