Crossmod v12

Daulmakan

There's a mistake in one of the Auren-Amber banters:

DO ~SetGlobal("G#XB.AmberAurenBanter1","GLOBAL",1)~

== BM#AMBER ~Just lay off the formalities, kid. What do you want from me?~

== K#AURENB IF ~TimeOfDay(2)~ THEN ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring tonight. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~

== K#AURENB IF ~TimeOfDay(3)~ THEN ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring this fine morning. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~

== K#AURENB IF ~TimeOfDay(0)~ THEN ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring this fine day. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~

== K#AURENB IF ~TimeOfDay(1)~ THEN ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring this lovely evening. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~

What the above code does is merely repeat all lines with the appropriate time of day for each one, instead of only firing the actual one in game, as shown here.

Glancing at the IESDP, what I think you need is <DAYNIGHTALL> instead:

== K#AURENB ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring this <DAYNIGHTALL>. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~

Perhaps it is TimeODay.ids failing somehow?? odd...

0x401E Time(I:Time*Time)

Returns true only if the period of day matches the period in the 2nd parameter (taken from Time.ids). Hours are offset by 30 minutes, e.g. Time(1) is true between 00:30 and 01:29.

0x401F TimeOfDay(I:Time Of Day*TimeODay)

As above but less specific and uses TimeODay.ids.

TimeODay.ids =

0 DAY

1 DUSK

2 NIGHT

3 MORNING

I am not sure how all of those could evaluate to ~~ unless something odd is going on. The above code should result in two showing up at certain times of the game day, though, even if it works as intended, because DUSK and MORNING overlap DAY and NIGHT

But the workaround is a good suggestion.

TimeOfDay() triggers are dodgy at best. Seriously. They fail constantly.

The only way to set that trigger set up and have it work would be to use

~TimeOfDay(DAWN) !TimeOfDay(DAY) !TimeOfDay(DUSK) !TimeOfDay(NIGHT)~

and then repeat for the other three, making changes.

Also, using the numbers in the trigger won't work here. You need to use the word itself. Ditto for AreaType(), by the way. AreaType(OUTDOOR) works, AreaType(0) does not. That's why the BG2 Fixpack corrects it.

In the Auren banter, removing the triggers and just using the dialogue token would probably be the easiest fix.

Actually, I might do this version after all. Cmorgan wanted to do a bulk update to WeiDU v216, so I thought I'd tackle a bunch of mods tomorrow while I have the time. The Sand flirt pack is coming along nicely, and I hope to have it in testing by then.

Changing to this. Since saying "I wanted to know how you were faring this fine dusk" makes no sense, it's better to use the more complicated checks.

== K#AURENB IF ~TimeOfDay(NIGHT) 
  !TimeOfDay(DAY) 
  !TimeOfDay(MORNING) 
  !TimeOfDay(DUSK)~ THEN ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring tonight. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~
== K#AURENB IF ~!TimeOfDay(NIGHT) 
  TimeOfDay(MORNING) 
  !TimeOfDay(DUSK)~ THEN ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring this fine morning. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~
== K#AURENB IF ~!TimeOfDay(NIGHT) 
  TimeOfDay(DAY) 
  !TimeOfDay(MORNING) 
  !TimeOfDay(DUSK)~ THEN ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring this fine day. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~
== K#AURENB IF ~!TimeOfDay(DAY) 
  !TimeOfDay(MORNING) 
  TimeOfDay(DUSK)~ THEN ~Why, I simply wanted to know how you are faring this lovely evening. No need for hostilities, Miss Amber.~

Archived