How do you remove Fixpack from your computer?

I installed Fixpack v9 after Baldur's Gate, ToB and the Tob patch, but got some weird bugs from it so I'm desperate to get rid of it. I uninstalled BG2, deleted the folder, and deleted everything to do with Fixpack including doing a file search of my computer to locate any remnants.

I reinstalled BG2 and the Fixpack is still fully affecting it the same as when it was installed. Even the text changes and nerfed item prices are still happening. I did two full unstill/reinstalls of BG2 including PC reboot and used a different hard drive. But I am still plagued by fixpack and have searched every crevice of my PC for traces left of it with no luck. :)

Is there anyway to get rid of fixpack? I really wanna play BG2 cause I'm new to this fantastic game but I'm screwed until I can solve this mystery.

You're kidding, right?

EDIT:

Setting aside the implausible a-good-Fixpack-just-won't-stay-down (insert "of Doom" anywhere at your leisure) - this is, inter alia, what the Fixpack fixes. It is really pretty ubiquitous.

Unless your system is a specially created self-aware machine set up on a network restore, this is completely impossible and a great joke post. Unless, of course, you have an illegal torrent download of the game which has been pre - fixpacked, so that every time you "install" those fixed resources are put into play.

Either that, or you need a good exorcist. Because what you describe is truly an impossibility for any mod. They just don't work that way.

Okay I found the problem. I was copying in my customized portraits & sounds including the folders: portraits, sounds and the override... so all the problems came with the override folder. I reinstalled and just moved the portraits of the NPCs into the override instead of the whole folder.

As for the hate posts, I don't get it. I asked a simple question and a bunch of nerds hate on me for it.

A website of trolls. I'm outta here.

Ah, that override folder would explain it.

Your initial post said that you deleted the entire game directory without any mention of retaining the override folder. If you had mentioned that piece of information, the replies would have been very different, and far more helpful. Unfortunately, when people read a post that sounds like a technical impossibility, the first assumption is that someone is posting a bogus report. You would be surprised at how often that happens.

I'm more curious about the bugs you found with the Fixpack that forced you to uninstall it in the first place. It's been stable for quite some time, so I'm not quite sure what bugs you're talking about. If you're talking about the item prices, that's actually a different mod entirely.

I uninstalled BG2, deleted the folder, and deleted everything to do with Fixpack including doing a file search of my computer to locate any remnants.

No clue - the reinstall of BG2 would put the old dialog.tlk into place, and the old copied/preserved override would have items and materials linking nonexistent references in the dialog.tlk. Perhaps the OP restored the override and dialog.tlk. Otherwise, I am at a loss as to how the described behavior works. By preserving and replacing the override, you would simply be reinstalling the mod in a non-weidu way - that is the simplest way to create a "clean" install, doing that from the original resources.

But obviously I didn't understand something about the post, because when I see "uninstalled, deleted everything", I just don't see how copying a set of game files (override) and setting them aside, then putting them back into place after reinstalling = deleting everything. If it came off as harsh, please accept my apologies, "removefixpack".

I uninstalled BG2, deleted the Fixpack-folder, and deleted everything to do with Fixpack including doing a file search of my computer to locate any remnants.
No clue -
:)

Of course it might have enlighten the situation a little if the original poster would have known that the Fixpack can be uninstalled by starting the setup-bg2fixpack.exe and choosing the ninstall ...

Archived