Retired Mod Author's Crossmod Banter Corner: Brainstorming

cmorgan

Tashia sketches

/* Tashia and Aran, SOA Banter 1 */

TASHIAJ ~[TASHIA] Rather gloomy, aren't you?~

C-ARANJ ~[ARAN] Aye, then, lass, I think you have a mite o' th truth there. Down just a little, I think.~

TASHIAJ ~[TASHIA] So, how abaout a riddle?~

C-ARANJ ~[ARAN] No, not now, as I got naught for spirited talk. You seem a mite down yourself, there. You got an interestin' familiar, some tough magic, an' you be travelin' with us. What's th' matter wi' you, to bring you so far down?~

TASHIAJ ~[TASHIA] Well, that's really no one's concern but mine. Personal matters... you understand, I'm sure.~

C-ARANJ ~[ARAN] Sure. I understand. Here, lass... have a nip from this flask. It may not solve anythin', but it will warm up your insides.~

TASHIAJ ~[TASHIA] I would think so... I can smell it from here!~

/* Tashia and Aran, ToB Banter 1 */

TASHI25J ~[TASHIA] Tell me a riddle, Aran.

C-ARN25J ~[ARAN] Well, now, let me think. How about this - I sing with the voice o' an angel or demon, an' I'm always bowin' an' scrapin' away. But remore the hair o' a horse from my side, an' I cannot come out an' play.~

TASHI25J ~[TASHIA] That one is easy. It's a fiddle.~

C-ARN25J ~[ARAN] Aye, that's right. Your turn...~

TASHI25J ~[TASHIA] I have told you many, and you have told me few. You can balance the scales.~

C-ARN25J ~[ARAN] I rise in my pouch, swell, and lift my covering proudly. A bride grasps my bonelessness, and in time she will cover the swelling.~ /* Midaevil riddle... Essex collection? Wessex? Can't remember... */

TASHI25J ~[TASHIA] You can't fool me. That is bread dough!~

C-ARN25J ~[ARAN] Well, now, I never did say I was good at these games. I'm more of a 'hands on, kind o' man, if you know what I mean.~

TASHI25J ~[TASHIA] So I see. You can move that hand, now. (must... resist... the urge... to hit...)~

C-ARN25J ~[ARAN] Oh, blighted hells... sorry about that. Old habits die hard.~

TASHI25J ~[TASHIA] Not as hard as you will, if you 'forget' again, my friend!~

C-ARN25J ~[ARAN] I rise in my pouch, swell, and lift my covering proudly. A bride grasps my bonelessness, and in time she will cover the swelling.~ /* Midaevil riddle... Essex collection? Wessex? Can't remember... */

TASHI25J ~[TASHIA] You can't fool me. That is bread dough!~

Tashia must have one heck of a squeaky clean mind, because I can't be the only one who was thinking of something else...*ahem*

The joys of paraphrasing real midaevil riddles is that folks seemed to love wordplay back then, especially when the matter can be misconstrued with bawdiness in mind. I took a gander on the internet, and here is another paraphrase of the same riddle -

http://www.godecookery.com/mtales/mtales06.htm

I'm told a certain something grows in its pouch, swells and stands up,

lifts its covering. A proud bride grasped that boneless wonder, the daughter of a king

covered that swollen thing with clothing.

I like this one, but I would need to do a fair amount of FR-izing, and I am not sure I can get it to be interesting:

Time was when I was weapon and warrior; Now the young hero hoods me with gold,

and twisted silver. At times men kiss me. At times I speak and summon to battle

Loyal companions. At times a courser, Bears me o'er marchland. At times a ship

Bears me o'er the billows, brightly adorned. At times a fair maiden fills me with breath;

At times hard and headless I lie on the board, Bereft of beauty. At times I hang

Winsome on wall, richly embellished, Where revelers drink. At times a warrior

Bears me on a horse, a battle adornment, And I swallow, bright-shining, the breath from his bosom.

At times with my strains I summon the heroes, Proudly to wine. At times I win back

Spoil from the spoiler, with sounding voice, Put foemen to flight. Now ask what I'm called.

[ARAN] > [TSJUATHA] (direct .tra lines for his responses)

~[ARAN] What in th' nine hells are you? I never did see a Tel'Quessirim as tall. An' you don't look natural.~

~[TSJUATHA] I am a necromancer. I do manipulate death. And this serves me well. It serves <CHARNAME> also.~

~[ARAN] You blighted well know that be naught in th' way o' an answer. An' don't try that cold stare wi' me. I have seen th' worst o' death, an' I don't rightly scare easily.~

~[TSJUATHA] Have you walked the planes, brought animation to the dead, and weilded the powers of a Prime?~

~[ARAN] Well, seein' as I don't rightly know what two out o' th' three o' those really mean, mayhap not.~

~[TSJUATHA] You have much to learn, then, before you can truly fear me.~

~[ARAN] You are a strange one, Tsjuatha. I don't know if havin' you around be a blessin' or damnation for us all.~

~[TSJUATHA] I have embraced damnation with open arms--and open eyes.~

~[ARAN] Well, I bloody well haven't.~

/* Basic Tashia <>Aran Banter : no romance with PC with either A or T*/

[ARAN] Oh, nice an' soft... just th' right sort o' thing. I'll just be packin' this up, an'...

[TASHIA] ~Hey! That's my blanket you're taking!~ (direct tra copy)

[ARAN] Well, I might be in a right fine position to share it wi' you...

[TASHIA] Are you suggesting what I think you are suggesting?

[ARAN] Now, you be a woman o' th' world, an' a beautiful one at that. Why should I not ask?

[TASHIA] I see someone has a growing appreciation for the possibility of female companionship.

[ARAN] Do you be usin' some sort o' sorcerous ways to see right through these clothes o' mine?

[TASHIA] No, no... I just know the way men's minds work.

[TASHIA] Nice try, Aran, but I have my Peanelian to keep me warm.

[ARAN] I do admit he can do that right well, but I might have some more ways o' pleasin' you, you know.

[TASHIA] Oh, I don't know...

[ARAN] You can't be naught in th' way o' serious.

[TASHIA] Hehe... You should see your face!

[ARAN] You might think on it a bit, you know, all jokin' aside.

/* Add in Aerie Byplay - but now Tempest's new mod has some Aerie content, so perhaps this one should not be played with. */

[ARAN] Oh, nice an' soft... just th' right sort o' thing. I'll just be packin' this up, an'...

[TASHIA] ~Hey! That's my blanket you're taking!~ (direct tra copy)

[AERIE] No, that is mine! How did we get these all mixed up?

[ARAN] Well, I might be in a right fine position to share it wi' you...

[TASHIA] Are you suggesting what I think you are suggesting?

[AERIE] Wh- what is he suggesting?

[ARAN] Now, you be a woman o' th' world, an' a beautiful one at that. Why should I not ask?

[AERIE] Aran, are you talking to me, or to her? Ask what?

[TASHIA] For all we know, he might be talking to us both.

[ARAN] Now, I doubt that would end so well for me. I done learned a long time ago that pleasin' a woman be a full time occupation, an' splittin' forces leads to disaster.

[ARAN] Now, while that be a right entertainin' thought, I was actually talkin' to you, Tashia.

[ARAN] Now, while that be a right entertainin' thought, I was actually talkin' to you, Aerie.

[TASHIA] I see someone has a growing appreciation for the possibility of female companionship.

[ARAN] Do you be usin' some sort o' sorcerous ways to see right through these clothes o' mine?

[TASHIA] No, no... I just know the way men's minds work.

[AERIE] What are you two talking about?

[AERIE] I... Oh. You are... You are?

[ARAN] I have been admirin' you for some time now, Aerie. I wouldn't speak so bold if I hadn't seen your eyes come my direction more than a few times, eh? GOTO aranpassataerie

[TASHIA] Nice try, Aran, but I have my Peanelian to keep me warm.

[ARAN] I do admit he can do that right well, but I might have some more ways o' pleasin' you, you know.

[TASHIA] Oh, I don't know...

[ARAN] You can't be naught in th' way o' serious.

[TASHIA] Hehe... You should see your face!

[ARAN] You might think on it a bit, you know, all jokin' aside.

aranpassataerie

[AERIE] You... you were talking to me.

[TASHIA] Now I can't decide which of you two is blushing brighter. Should I just leave you two lovebirds alone?

[AERIE] NO! No... I mean, please don't go. I... I don't think Aran is suggesting...

[TASHIA] Believe me, he is.

[ARAN] I am.

[AERIE] Oh! Oh my!

[TASHIA] Was her grabbing the blanket and running off hiding her face in it pat of your master plan, loverboy?

[ARAN] Sune's Sweet Smile, I thought I was makin' time right well. Damnation on my blighted tongue.

[TASHIA] Oh, she is just suprised someone finds her attractive.

[TASHIA] Oh, she is just suprised to find that someone besides Haer'Dalis finds her attractive.

[TASHIA] Oh, she is just suprised to find that someone besides Darian finds her attractive.

[ARAN] Now, don't th' Tel'Quirririm have some rules about who sparks wi' whom?

[TASHIA] ~Sometimes a girl does like attention. Just don't go overboard.~

Archived