EXP cap removers in BG2 tweakpack

Guest qerqwe

Guest qerqwe

I've never actually reached the Throne of Bhaal experience cap, but I'm considering a solo or duo runthrough of BG2 and I'd like to be able to level past 8 million xp, but I'm worried about bugs at high levels. I heard if you remove the xp cap and you go past level 40 or so you run the risk of losing spells and maybe some other stuff. So, two questions:

1-If I use the exp cap - lv 30 cap option, does that cap two- and three-class multiclass characters at 30/30 and 30/30/30? (and dual class characters at X/30?) If so this sounds safe and reasonable.

1-If I use the exp cap - "remove completely" option, do I also *have* to use unnerfed spell progression tables to prevent bugs at very high levels, and are there any other bugs or things I need to be aware of when using the "remove completely" option?

Guest qerqwe

Just to make sure the question I am asking is clear,

1-If I use the exp cap - lv 30 cap option, does that cap two- and three-class multiclass characters at 30/30 and 30/30/30? (and dual class characters at X/30?) If so this sounds safe and reasonable.

my question is basically: with the lv 30 cap option and a multiclass character, is the cap 30/30 or 15/15? And if I dual a class at lv 13, will I cap at 13/30 or 13/17?

with the lv 30 cap option and a multiclass character, is the cap 30/30 or 15/15? And if I dual a class at lv 13, will I cap at 13/30 or 13/17?

I believe capping it at 30 will let you level up to that amount in all of your classes, so you could have a dual class 13/30 character.

1-If I use the exp cap - "remove completely" option, do I also *have* to use unnerfed spell progression tables to prevent bugs at very high levels, and are there any other bugs or things I need to be aware of when using the "remove completely" option?

This component should take care of extending the spell and other tables to prevent bugs from occurring, but it won't give any improvements in the 40-50 range - at level 50 you'll still have whatever you had at level 40. If you want to continue advancing, then you'll need to install the P&P or unnerfed spell tables.

Archived