Alignment checks in dialogues? BG2:ToB

Sorrow

OH!

I see - yes, check your .cre. If it doesn't have an alignment set, it won't trigger - though in my example above, it should still show the "top" option, because it would evaluate true.

With the .cres in the second test, everything worked out?

There are no variables. Alignment is a statistic; every actor has an alignment (defined in its CRE file). PCs are generated from your choices at character creation, and their CRE file is stored in the GAM file (along with all the other party members). An Alignment() trigger returns true if the chosen actor's alignment matches the specified alignment (it doesn't do anything but return true or false).

The code you posted is correct, so something else is wrong on your end if you see anything other than the dialogue firing and Responses 1 & 2 shown if an evil character is doing the talking and only Response 2 for good and neutral characters (the Or(3) trigger will return true only if one or more of the three following triggers are true, i.e., the object being tested has one of those three alignments, while the second response is always true because it has an empty trigger list; therefore, it's available to everyone, even the evil characters).

Who are you assigning this dialogue file to? And I still have no idea what you mean when you claim that the characters were "losing alignments."

Who are you assigning this dialogue file to?

To a non-joinable NPC.

Who are you assigning this dialogue file to? And I still have no idea what you mean when you claim that the characters were "losing alignments."

Normally, I began conversation and my PC lost his alignment. It stopped happening, though.

Archived