TRIGGER.ids

Echon

These eight new triggers work:

0x4076 OpenState(O:Object*,I:Open*BOOLEAN)

0x4077 NumItems(S:ResRef*,O:Object*,I:Num*)

0x4078 NumItemsGT(S:ResRef*,O:Object*,I:Num*)

0x4079 NumItemsLT(S:ResRef*,O:Object*,I:Num*)

0x407A NumItemsParty(S:ResRef*,I:Num*)

0x407B NumItemsPartyGT(S:ResRef*,I:Num*)

0x407C NumItemsPartyLT(S:ResRef*,I:Num*)

0x407D IsOverMe(O:Object*)

I also tested the following two triggers; AreaCheck(S:ResRef*) and HasItemEquiped(S:ResRef*,O:Object*), but unfortunately they did not work. I think it is safe to assume that no additional triggers beyond the ones I found work.

Finding these was made a lot easier by the extensive crossgame trigger comparison made by Cirerrek.

-Echon

Those triggers (0x4076 through 0x407D) have been known to work since at least the summer of 2003. Jon Olav (NI author) submitted the 'fixed' IDS files (including TRIGGER.IDS) for BG1 to Dudleyville.com and they can be downloaded from the site's BG1 Dudleyfixes page. Not everyone may know about the site, though, so that might be why the additional triggers haven't found their way into the IESDP yet.

I was aware of the site's existance but I thought it was only concerned with fixpacks, much like Baldurdash. Anyway, I had a look at the altered IDS files:

New ACTION.ids entries:

204 TakePartyItemNum(S:ResRef*,I:Num*)

207 MoveToPointNoInterrupt(P:Point*)

208 MoveToObjectNoInterrupt(O:Object*)

New EA.ids entry:

126 ANYTHING

New GENDER.ids entry:

0 EITHER

-Echon

Those triggers (0x4076 through 0x407D) have been known to work since at least the summer of 2003. Jon Olav (NI author) submitted the 'fixed' IDS files (including TRIGGER.IDS) for BG1 to Dudleyville.com and they can be downloaded from the site's BG1 Dudleyfixes page. Not everyone may know about the site, though, so that might be why the additional triggers haven't found their way into the IESDP yet.

If you knew, why didn't you tell IESDP?

Is there anything else you know of but not in IESDP?

If you knew, why didn't you tell IESDP?

I probably forgot. It wasn't my own finding, so I erroneously assumed the finder had submitted it to more than two people: Dudleyville's editor and the ever elusive Kevin Dorner. Maybe you should ask Jon Olav this question. :cry:

Is there anything else you know of but not in IESDP?

I've no idea, though it's probably safe to say that I've posted about everything I've found since NI's last beta release, which hasn't been much.

I have a list of triggers/actions which may be movable between engines, but, I never have time to test it, and I am not sure if it's already been covered/checked.

I could cross-reference it with Cierreks nice excel spreadsheet, but, I never get time. So.. I just wait for people to tell me :blush:

Anyway, I'll try and get all this sorted sometime soon, so we know what can work where.

In the meantime - noted, and added to local copy. Thanks.

New GENDER.ids entry:

0 EITHER

-Echon

I should mention that the zero value wasn't defined in the default GENDER.IDS file. When I was looking at the gender-bender girdle in BG1, I noticed NI showing this '0 - Unknown' value for the sex change opcode. Well, I hate seeing unknowns due to missing IDS values, so it seemed logical to add the 0 to the IDS with the "Either" label, to fit what it was doing.

Archived