Redemption Arc

Guest Guest_Amaurea_*

Guest Guest_Amaurea_*

After finding out that my first play-through was hopelessly hosed when I got to the graveyard and Bodhi didn't spawn to kidnap anyone, I built a fresh install and decided to do something different. Having already seen most of the engaged content, I wanted to see the redemption path. Soooo.... I've built an evil kensai, and acted like I was open to change. Thing is, things have come to a point, I thought I showed I was open to change, but have no option to do so when Gavin asks me if I want to. What on earth did I mess up.... or is this something that will change with the passage of a little time?

Small note... and I'm kicking myself because I didn't make better note of it at the time, but I do remember it was into the second set of her dialogs after asking if something else (I'm sooo specific here, aren't I?), asking her one of the questions (I think it was the second to last option) gets you the answer to the question about Athkatla, instead of the question you originally asked.

Guest Guest_Amaurea_*
After finding out that my first play-through was hopelessly hosed when I got to the graveyard and Bodhi didn't spawn to kidnap anyone, I built a fresh install and decided to do something different. Having already seen most of the engaged content, I wanted to see the redemption path. Soooo.... I've built an evil kensai, and acted like I was open to change. Thing is, things have come to a point, I thought I showed I was open to change, but have no option to do so when Gavin asks me if I want to. What on earth did I mess up.... or is this something that will change with the passage of a little time?

Small note... and I'm kicking myself because I didn't make better note of it at the time, but I do remember it was into the second set of her dialogs after asking if something else (I'm sooo specific here, aren't I?), asking her one of the questions (I think it was the second to last option) gets you the answer to the question about Athkatla, instead of the question you originally asked.

AAAAAAaaaaannnnndddd.... don't know what I messed up posting this, but the second paragraph is in regards to Goody Nell in the Promenade.

Hmm. We're talking about two separate things here, aren't we?

I'm not too clear on what you mean. The first opportunity for the change to take place happens in LT 11.

To get the change to happen, ("B!GavChange","GLOBAL") needs to be 5 or higher... but I just found a bug. I meant to have GlobalGT("B!GavChange","GLOBAL",4), but I left out the GT. That could be the problem right there. Unless the value is precisely 4, the change won't happen. Dammit.

After that talk, you should still be able to initiate the change, assuming that I didn't screw it up there, too. Let me check. OK, that part is coded right.

OK, first of all, did he break up with you? He should have. If so, it's easier. If he didn't break up with you already, you may want to break up with him via PID.

Initiate PID, say "I'm sorry about our misunderstanding" and then "Is there any chance we can try again?"

He'll say "That depends. Can you acknowledge the change in your beliefs?" That one is coded properly, so if you see "Yes, I believe I can," then choose that option and the change will happen. If you don't see that option, you don't have enough change points. I might just have to reduce the number you need, since it seems like a lot of players are having trouble with it.

I'll have get this fixed tomorrow and test through myself before updating. I'm sick of "fixing" this. I'd like to do it right now, but unforutnately, the first chance I will have will be tomorrow morning.

As for Goody Nell, there's probably a missed link. I can sort that out at the same time.

Edit: Yeah, it looks like he did break up with you. You don't have enough change points. I'm going to have to reduce that value, because it looks like players just aren't getting there. If you use ShadowKeeper, open it up and look for B!GavChange. Post your value, because I'm curious what you got. Then change it to 5, save, and load the edited save. If you're comfortable with the console, open it up, type in

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavChange","GLOBAL",5)

and hit enter twice.

Though I would still like to know what value you reached for that, so maybe I could ask you to do a GetGlobal on it first?

Guest Guest_Amaurea_*

Thanks so much! I checked, I had 4 change points, so I just changed it to 5 with SK, and the PID-initiated make up worked as it should have.

We're clearing out the keep right now, but when we get back to Athkatla, I'll make sure to visit Nell and find out the exact dialogs for you.

You were doing pretty good. Five turns out to be a lot harder to get than I thought it would be since you have to actively pursue certain dialogue paths, and if you've played before, you might skip them this time. I've dropped the number needed from 5 down to 3. What the heck? If you're playing that path, you might have to jump through a few hoops, but they shouldn't be on fire.

Since I wound up having modding time tonight after all, I fixed that talk once and for all. I've tested it with a PC who has enough points and a PC who doesn't have enough points, and it works as intended either way. The PC who dosn't have enough points was able get another point and then get redeemed during PID. So yay, it's working.

And serendipity kicked in. I found a typo in the joining dialogue.

I'll look through Goody Nell's dialogue. If I can find it easily, I'll update tonight. If not, I'll update tomorrow.

Edit: Hey, what do you know! I found the mislinked PC reply in Goody Nell's dialogue! It was the one where you say that everything is so overwhelming and she goes on to tell you about Athkatla. Great bug report, though. But it did the job, so no complaints! :suspect:

Archived