Favorite anime?

Gospel

What is your favorite anime.  I admit that my tastes vary depending on my mood.

I admit I love Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke (my absolute favorite) and Ghost in the Shell.

If I wish for humor, Those Who Hunt Elves is good...and I even like Phantom Quest.  Shame they only have 4 episodes for it that I know of.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust! Meowmeowmeow! Meier is so snuggly :)

Hmm... I also have recently watched the Rurouni Kenshin movie things, or... Samurai X, is called. Didn't watch the series, but the movies are meowy. Sad, bloody, and sad. :(

And Escaflowne! The movie one. Is very good, Dilandau has the best clothes ever.

Umm... that's all can think of now.

Edit: Oh, and Spirited Away is wonderful. I hated Princess Mononoke though... it was so cruel to animals :(

Put me down for Kenshin (Samurai X) and Lupin III. The Samurai X movies are closer to the manga, which is a lot more serious than the Ruoroni Kenshin cartoon series. The best thing about the story is that all of the characters and factions are historically accurate though the characters had different names. It's a fascinating period of Japanese history; let's hope the new Tom Cruise movie doesn't f*** it up.

IIRC, Okita was one of the top assassins for the Shinsengumi and was considered a master with a sword. He was one of the first students of Tuchikata's dojo. (Tuchikata founded the Shinsengumi.) He died near the end of the revolution around the age of 25 or 26 from TB.

Sorry Gospel. :D

IIRC, Okita was one of the top assassins for the Shinsengumi and was considered a master with a sword. He was one of the first students of Tuchikata's dojo. (Tuchikata founded the Shinsengumi.) He died near the end of the revolution around the age of 25 or 26 from TB.

Sorry Gospel. :D

Thankies Camdawg sir, rrr...

It's okies, information helped lots. At least he wasn't chopped by Kenshin.

voices of a distant star

Ooh, that's on my online rental queue. It sounds like it will be very sweet.

Records of Lodoss War is on there too, but might be a few weeks.

Edit: Eeyow... is it Record of Lodoss Wars or Records of Lodoss War, or rowr?

What is your favorite anime.  I admit that my tastes vary depending on my mood.

I admit I love Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke (my absolute favorite) and Ghost in the Shell.

If I wish for humor, Those Who Hunt Elves is good...and I even like Phantom Quest.  Shame they only have 4 episodes for it that I know of.

you're the only person besides me who's ever talked about phantom quest corp...

did you see geobreeders??? hyperdolls? or moldiver?? all in the same utter sillyness and shameless fan-service...

urm...did you see those who hunt elves series 2???

the cute fluffy bear with the incredibly useful power...ehhehehheheh!!!! :D:D:D

Yep, got an RPG for GeoBreeders by Guardians of Order (they did a Sailor Moon RPG, a Tenchi Muyo RPG (various seasons like the OVA and such), and just released a book for The Slayer's Season one)

And I don't know about the proper name of the Records of the Lodoss War.

For those of you who liked Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke, the same director's (Miyazaki) first movie was Castle of Castigliostro, a Lupin III movie. :D

For Kenshin junkies, the Kenshin personality quiz.

castle was the best one that monkey punch ever did...

maybe the albatross episode, of lupin 3rd tv series came close...

urm...that one was directed by miazaki too...

have you seen the war of the racoons...or nausicaa of the valley of the wind???

everyone's seen kiki's delivery service...oh yeah, porco russo, one of my personal favorites is being released in big screen for a limited showing in the united states soon...yay!!!

as much as i hate disney, i am grateful they are releasing miazaki classics with better sound, good dubbing and well written english versions of the songs...

of course, you have got to laugh when you remember just how many miazaki films they ripped stuff off of...

atlantis the lost continent was such a ripoff of nadia of the blue water... :D:D:D

i don't like nadia, though...

has anyone seen "last exile":D

great visual eye candy, and i've liked gonzo's other releases...

oh yeah...

"someday's dreamers" is a very touching and sweet story...good buy for me...

this week i will finally get rahxephon complete...i know its a total ripoff of neon genesis eva, but its a good ripoff, and i rather like it...very viceral piece, with lots of beautiful scenes...

and it does not try to be as pretentious as neon genesis...

witch hunter robin is quite good...

oh yeah, if you haven't told your family or significant other what you want for christmas, get

HAIBANE RANMEI

VOICES FROM A DISTANT STAR!!!

those are two titles i would give to a friend who doesn't like anime to change his/her mind... :D

*Deep beath*

Ok, here's a list of anime that I have enjoyed:

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (one of my favourites, the graphic novel is superb)

My Neighbour Totoro

Laputa

Kiki's Delivery Service

Whisper of the Heart (Mimi wo Sumaseba)

Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away

Grave of the Fireflies (possibly the saddest movie I've ever watched)

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Visions of Escaflowne

Cowboy Bebop

.hack//SIGN

Witch Hunter Robin

Wolf's Rain

Crest of the Stars

Battleflag of the Stars (Crest of the Stars season 2)

Battleflag of the Stars II (Crest of the Stars season 3)

Haibane Renmei

Serial Experiments Lain

Last Exile

Onegai Teacher

Juuni Kokki (Saga of the 12 Kingdoms, probably the best series I've seen and hardly anyone has ever heard of it.)

.hack//Liminality

Tenchi Muyo OVA! (the only Tenchi series I like, the rest are crap)

Naruto (light hearted and headed, but still fun)

Ghost in a Shell

Read or Die

I've seen lots more, and have many more on CD, but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Archived