Favorite anime?

Gospel

I like alot of the older ones Ranma 1/2, Dirty Pair, Bubblegum Crisis and Akira.

i have those too...but i can't recommend some of the new stuff we've mentioned her enough...

its what got all of us into anime in the beginning...its great that new anime is being made that's as good as seeing akira for the first time...

I personally hated Akira.  My feelings on the movie are that the animators liked the colour cadmium red and based the movie around that colour.  I found none of the characters likeable and ended up not caring what happened to anyone.

An older movie that is sometimes compared to Akira, but in my opinion is completely different is Ghost in the Shell.  One of my favourites.  The creators of 'The Matrix' mentioned it as one of the movies that had influenced them and you can definately see how.  As a side note, there is a series out set in a parallel fiction to the fiction of Ghost in the Shell, called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.  If you like the movie then I recommend watching the series.  I've really enjoyed both.

I've got the fansubs.  The quality of them is excellent right up to episode 22.  Unfortunately the group that is doing the high quality subbing job hasn't finished the last few, so I had to watch a lower quality version.  It also looks like there is going to be a season 2, so probably a minimum of 52 episodes.

I feel slightly perturbed by people suggesting that they liked Ranma. As if there are people who don't. Fie.

But seriously, Ranma is quite possibly the funniest anime ever. Oh, and DearS.

But the best anime ever is definetely Full Metal Alchemist. By far.

And I do so love Studio Ghibli films; Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle were priceless.

Most favorite - Noir

I really liked Noir as well. :( It's a shame it received so little promotion outside of Japan (compared to say Elfen Lied). Anyway, my other favorites are Macross/Robotech, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain and Detective Conan.

BTW, it might not exactly count as anime but I found Avatar to be a great show as well. It has loads of humorous lines which often don't make any sense when taken out of the context of the series. ;) Here's the most recent example:

I'm taking you down Firelord, and this time, I've brought pants!

Favorite anime? hard question. there are just too many i like!!

Fruits Basket is defiently one of my top ones. (new manga issue comes out next month!!! can't wait!!)

D.N. Angel

Tsubasa Chronicle

Claymore

Fate/Stay Night

Inuyasha

Slayers was awsome

Sailor Moon (has to be seen with subs. and the Sailor Stars season was the best)

on anime movies

Princess Mononoke

Howl's Moving Castle

Spirited Away

(notice they are all movies by Mitazaki)

Archived