Am I stuck?

Caserius Tendook

Noob here. Downloaded Angelo a while ago and installed. In game time it's been about 7 days that he's been around. I'm getting the "original" message about Bounty Hunter's looking for him, but nothing has happened. I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's triggered elsewhere? I'm getting ready to go see Aran Linvail to start moving into Chapter 3, didn't pick up Angelo until well into Chapter 2. Do I need to go back and start from Scratch? Other NPC's i've picked up didn't require that, and I couldn't find anything about it.

Sorry if this is a repeat.

Thanks for you help.

Ah good, I actually thought this might be an issue, but you're the first to report it.

-The second group appears in the Windspear hills

-The third, and final group appears in the Docks

Unless the first bounty hunter (the half-orc) never triggered, and the journal entry somehow appeared on its own? That would be a bug, and a strange one...hope that wasn't the case; since Angelo's second quest won't start until you've killed all the bounty hunters.

But if things work out, you might want to proceed to Spellhold and do the second quest in chapter six since it involves (potentially) a tough fight anyway.

Enjoy! :suspect:

SV

Noob here. Downloaded Angelo a while ago and installed. In game time it's been about 7 days that he's been around. I'm getting the "original" message about Bounty Hunter's looking for him, but nothing has happened. I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's triggered elsewhere? I'm getting ready to go see Aran Linvail to start moving into Chapter 3, didn't pick up Angelo until well into Chapter 2. Do I need to go back and start from Scratch? Other NPC's i've picked up didn't require that, and I couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks for you help.

Ah good, I actually thought this might be an issue, but you're the first to report it.

Unless the first bounty hunter (the half-orc) never triggered, and the journal entry somehow appeared on its own? That would be a bug, and a strange one...hope that wasn't the case; since Angelo's second quest won't start until you've killed all the bounty hunters.

But if things work out, you might want to proceed to Spellhold and do the second quest in chapter six since it involves (potentially) a tough fight anyway.

SV

Thanks for you help.

I have the Journal Entry stating bounty hunters are looking, which appeared as soon as I picked him up. I haven't run into a Bounty Hunter of any kind since then, and I've already been through the Windspear Hills (ran down Firkaag) Should I run back out to Windspear and see if I can find the Bounty Hunter there? Then come back, or just go looking at the docks? I can start a whole new game if I have to, was just trying to avoid it, I really like Angelo and was hoping he would fit in. Thanks

Hmm. What's supposed to happen is that when you leave the graveyard, you get attacked by the first bounty hunter; then the journal entry registers. What chapter you pick him up in shouldn't make a difference. This sounds like a bug to me. I don't suppose it's a problem with the new version? Has this happened to anyone else? (I'm just the writer, I wouldn't know how to resolve it if it was a technical glitch)

A-anyway, if I were you, and didn't want to sit around waiting for an answer, I'd just keep playing. It's too bad if you miss out on the SoA quests; but they're honestly not all that big, and you'll still get interjections, player-initiated dialogue, and most importantly the ToB stuff, which I'm most proud of anyway...Sorry for the inconvenience!

SV

Thanks for you help.

I have the Journal Entry stating bounty hunters are looking, which appeared as soon as I picked him up. I haven't run into a Bounty Hunter of any kind since then, and I've already been through the Windspear Hills (ran down Firkaag) Should I run back out to Windspear and see if I can find the Bounty Hunter there? Then come back, or just go looking at the docks? I can start a whole new game if I have to, was just trying to avoid it, I really like Angelo and was hoping he would fit in. Thanks

No, nothing was changed with that script. It's the same as it has always been.

// Ambush N1
IF
InParty(Myself)
Global("ADAngelBounty1","GLOBAL",0)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
OR(6)
AreaCheck("AR0300")
AreaCheck("AR0400")
AreaCheck("AR0500")
AreaCheck("AR0700")
AreaCheck("AR1000")
AreaCheck("AR0900")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartCutSceneMode()
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("ADAsgurz","ADAngel",[20.20])  
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("ADAsg1","ADAngel",[30.10])  
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("ADAsg2","ADAngel",[10.30])  
SetGlobal("ADAngelBounty1","GLOBAL",1)
EndCutSceneMode()
END

The problem may be with CreateCreatureObjectOffset(). If these creatures spawn close to the edge of the map or in a confined area, these creatures may spawn quite some distance from the object specified, Angelo, in this case. If the party is moving fast, changes areas, or if the player uses CTRL-J to move to another part of the map, these creatures may never have time to interact with the party. Since the bounty hunter ADAsgurz uses ADStart.bcs as an override script, it uses StartDialogueNoSet() to initiate dialogue with the party. For this to work, the creature would have to be right next to the PC. Usually, this isn't a problem, since the party is usually surrounded by a lot of open area, but AR0700, AR0900, AR1000 contain some fairly constricted entry areas, so it's possible that they spawned but were never noticed.

Using StartDialogue("dialog",Object) instead of StartDialogueNoSet() here might work better, since that can be initiated at a distance from the party.

This is not the first time this has happened. I recall seeing this before in forum posts, and not just for Angelo. I also remember the first time I played Angelo, I re-entered the government district from outside Athkatla, with the party entering via that odd little entrance near the Delryn estate, and found the bounty hunters just standing around, presumably since the last time my party was in Athkatla.

This is a rare occurrence, but it does happen. It's kind of like downloading a corrupted archive. Yeah, it happens sometimes, but it's far from common.

A-ah in that case, I guess all Caserius can do is go back to the area he first went to after picking up Angelo, and see if the bounty hunters are standing around somewhere? Or maybe he can summon Asgurz with the console now that he knows what's called? Anyhow thanks, berelinde!

(I guess in this case, picking up Angelo late in the game might cause problems, since you might go to some area completely outside of Athkatla from the graveyard. Most times I played through, I went to the slums, where Asgurz spawns pretty matter-of-factly)

No, nothing was changed with that script. It's the same as it has always been.

// Ambush N1
IF
InParty(Myself)
Global("ADAngelBounty1","GLOBAL",0)
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
OR(6)
AreaCheck("AR0300")
AreaCheck("AR0400")
AreaCheck("AR0500")
AreaCheck("AR0700")
AreaCheck("AR1000")
AreaCheck("AR0900")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartCutSceneMode()
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("ADAsgurz","ADAngel",[20.20])  
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("ADAsg1","ADAngel",[30.10])  
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("ADAsg2","ADAngel",[10.30])  
SetGlobal("ADAngelBounty1","GLOBAL",1)
EndCutSceneMode()
END

The problem may be with CreateCreatureObjectOffset(). If these creatures spawn close to the edge of the map or in a confined area, these creatures may spawn quite some distance from the object specified, Angelo, in this case. If the party is moving fast, changes areas, or if the player uses CTRL-J to move to another part of the map, these creatures may never have time to interact with the party. Since the bounty hunter ADAsgurz uses ADStart.bcs as an override script, it uses StartDialogueNoSet() to initiate dialogue with the party. For this to work, the creature would have to be right next to the PC. Usually, this isn't a problem, since the party is usually surrounded by a lot of open area, but AR0700, AR0900, AR1000 contain some fairly constricted entry areas, so it's possible that they spawned but were never noticed.

Using StartDialogue("dialog",Object) instead of StartDialogueNoSet() here might work better, since that can be initiated at a distance from the party.

This is not the first time this has happened. I recall seeing this before in forum posts, and not just for Angelo. I also remember the first time I played Angelo, I re-entered the government district from outside Athkatla, with the party entering via that odd little entrance near the Delryn estate, and found the bounty hunters just standing around, presumably since the last time my party was in Athkatla.

This is a rare occurrence, but it does happen. It's kind of like downloading a corrupted archive. Yeah, it happens sometimes, but it's far from common.

Thanks for the info. So if I have this correct, I should make a trip back to the Graveyard and see if maybe I just "overlooked" the original bounty hunter. Or can I use the Create Creature console with "ADAsgurz" and spawn him in to kick start it? Sorry I'm not just "getting it", I need to learn more about the programing side of this engine since I do love this game so much.

I greatly appreciate your reply's and help.

Tom

You should not go back to the Graveyard District. You should go to a place with a lot of open space, like the middle of the Government District, pause the game, open up the console, and type in

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ADAngelBounty1","GLOBAL",0)

Hit enter twice, unpause the game, and things should start up all on their own. :suspect:

Archived