GemRB 0.6.1 released!

lynx

The GemRB team is proud to announce a new minor release.

Much of the work has gone into restructuring and cleanup, but we still managed to squeeze in some new features.

Just as a reminder, IWD, BG1 and SoA can be completed.

Sources and a windows binary are available. You can get them here.

Full changelog digest:

GemRB V0.6.1 (2010-06-16):
 New features:
- a minimal dataset
- reputation penalties on death or injury
- casting level bonus/malus (wild mages, clerics)
- tinting for different times of the day and weather effects
- a BI(n)K player plugin for the IWD2 movies
- new actions, turn undead

Improved features:
- the internal design was cleaned up in many places
- game saving, modal actions, combat, effects, spawns
- magic missiles are now drawn properly
- various guiscripts (no more flickering!)
- bugfixes

Applied patches:
two patches from Brendan Molloy

Guest Guest_pupnik_*
The GemRB team is proud to announce a new minor release.

Thanks for putting this out. Please everyone give it a try, report if you find some regressions / bugs.

Guest sliverc

It seems that during packaging of gemrb-0.6.1.tar.gz autogen.sh did not run properly therefore ./configure and other files are missing.

Furthermore some hidden files (.gitignore, .mailmap, .pydevproject) are added to the archive as well, which should not be there I guess.

Could somebody repackage this version again? Thanks.

You can run autogen.sh yourself, we switched to cmake for the main buildsystem. Those few extra files won't get installed and compress well. Why do they bother you so much?

You can run autogen.sh yourself, we switched to cmake for the main buildsystem. Those few extra files won't get installed and compress well. Why do they bother you so much?

I haven't recognized that the autotools have been marked as deprecated and you have switched to cmake. (you might change the INSTALL file according)

Well then I gonna use cmake which is better anyway ???.

And about the hidden files:

Those don't really bother me. But when creating the a tar.gz with autotools such files get excluded and I thought the packaging process has been broken.

Guest Guest
A MinGW build for Windows is now available! Get it here.

Sadly, on my Windows7 64bit I'm encountering a BSOD after normal character generation, and the game stop responding ???

Sadly, on my Windows7 64bit I'm encountering a BSOD after normal character generation, and the game stop responding ???

A real BSOD??? Then something is wrong with your system.

Guest Guest

A real BSOD??? Then something is wrong with your system.

Not a real bsod, just the game screen (without GUI). Probably something to do with the video settings.

It worked on n810 and others, so why not. We don't have the resources to build a binary for it ourselves though.

BSODer: sounds like a python error. Run gemrb from the console (DOS?) and print anything around the first "RuntimeError" lines.

BSODer: sounds like a python error. Run gemrb from the console (DOS?) and print anything around the first "RuntimeError" lines.

It works! It seems I've messed a little with the paths to the resources. Well, what can I say? It's awesome! There're little inconsistences here and there, but it definitely working! :)

Archived