Improved Anvil v5+ and BWL

Saros

Guest Guest

"I found BWL to be a decent enough community, even had some projects hosted there in 2008. I'm glad to have bailed out before this payment rule was enforced "

hahahaha bailed out ??? man u were kicked out along with yer projets for bad mouthing 3rdparty & bwl moders

idiot

Guest Istenem

You silly boys, it costs 30$ to play ia v6, which is alredy released 1.5 months ago. 6$ you can only browse regular bwl forums. So if you want to play iav6 its 30$ for 1 yer.

With 6$ you cant even read ia v6 forums lol. V6 is really improved but I think not worth 30$, but v7 for sure is worth 30$ ( in 3 years HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA)

Cannot leak mod cuz it has a DRM :puke::D:D:;) so funny :laugh::D:D:D::laugh:::laugh::D::laugh: . Sorry to all that waiting without pay cannot give you:((( sorry :)((

If one person leak mod=Sikret finds out exactly who=banned and loose 30$

BWL=worse than UBISOFT hahahahahhahahhahahahhah

Sikret big old no lifer loooser :)(((((

DRM on a mod? I cannot imagine what kind of DRM you would put on it.

He's likely saying that there's some sort of watermark* on it. If it's implemented naively, it's nothing that can't be removed with the right tools and some different copies of IA6.

*: each different download of IA6 has something that is slightly different from the other downloads (for example, a single pixel in an image or an extra space in a text file), the specifics of which are known to Baronius but not to the downloader. If a copy of IA6 is leaked and the leaker didn't manage to remove the watermark, Baronius can match the watermark against his database and identify (&ban) the leaker.

Wouldn't the time spent to incorporate this watermark on all of the downloads (and managing this stuff in a database) be more costly than the $30 you gain from each person?

1) It's possible to write a server-side script that alters the watermarked file and adds it to the zip.

2) You're assuming BWL is managed according to logical thought, when this isn't the case. They wouldn't need donations at all if they didn't use over twenty times the server hardware they actually need (or if they added ads and didn't alienate 90% of the modding community).

at 1. point taken, eventhough you need to discuss on how to implement it and then write it first I'm guessing that once you have it, it's low maintenance.

at 2. I would expect some saturation in the amount of new members they gather this way. It'll become impossible to pay for it all.

*sigh*

The real problem is that modding is stealing. We steal. We use BioWare's copyrighted materials and manipulate them, breaking the EULA, and we adapt and modify. Almost all the tools used to create mods are freely donated to the community, and contain "don't sell this" notes. BioWare turns a blind eye because (we think) a. the original game is still needed, so we pump up a market for an older game, and b. we don't take other people's money. Otherwise, we would need to purchase the rights or get a contract going where BioWare or whomever owns the intellectual property gets a percentage of gross sales.

Creating a great story or new technical tweak or manipulating the combat AI all derive from copyrighted materials. You can't escape that. The hiding behind "paying for access not the mod" crap is bullshit if a user cannot get a mod without paying for it.

But, there's nothing I can do it except not join a site that really is interested in screwing it up for the rest of us, employed and unemployed, who do this for fun and for the i.e. community.

Japanese sure have it easier with copyrights. Pity it's not the common case in Europe/USA.

Dōjin soft

Cannot leak mod cuz it has a DRM :):D: so funny :):D:D:::puke:: . Sorry to all that waiting without pay cannot give you:((( sorry ((

Surely, there're lots of people out here waiting for v6. Many will be willing to throw in 5-10 cents to cover your loss. In fact, you'd probably only come out much richer.
Surely, there're lots of people out here waiting for v6. Many will be willing to throw in 5-10 cents to cover your loss. In fact, you'd probably only come out much richer.

1) there's no efficient way to donate a few cents (or even a dollar) over the internet, so we'll end up spending $60 to give him $30.

2) even if we do, that guy will be banned forever from BWL, which he isn't likely ready to accept.

3) encouraging/organizing a sort-of-theft from a rival community isn't really the best thing for the image of G3.

Erhm, I don't know about that, but there are places/commercials/links that put money to a certain account when they are clicked, or so I hear from chosenofmystra's sites maintainer... it probably works a little like Google too. And that can be very profitable, or not.

3) encouraging/organizing a sort-of-theft from a rival community isn't really the best thing for the image of G3.
That's why it wouldn't be us. :)
That's why it wouldn't be us. :)

Won't stop them from posting threads about the hobbist evil hackers at G3 who are stealing their professional mods and putting the elite and professional BWL community at risk of self-induced bankruptcy.

Guest Matti
Cannot leak mod cuz it has a DRM :puke::D: so funny ;):D:D:::laugh:: . Sorry to all that waiting without pay cannot give you:((( sorry ((

hahah, grab nagrablennoje. :)

You silly boys, it costs 30$ to play ia v6, which is alredy released 1.5 months ago. 6$ you can only browse regular bwl forums. So if you want to play iav6 its 30$ for 1 yer.

Cannot leak mod cuz it has a DRM :laugh::D:D::laugh: so funny :laugh::D:D:D::laugh:::D:D::D . Sorry to all that waiting without pay cannot give you:((( sorry :)((

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/joker3.jpg

With 6$ you cant even read ia v6 forums lol. V6 is really improved but I think not worth 30$, but v7 for sure is worth 30$ ( in 3 years HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA)

Cannot leak mod cuz it has a DRM :):D:D::puke: so funny ;):D:D:D::laugh:::laugh::D::laugh: . Sorry to all that waiting without pay cannot give you:((( sorry :)((

What?! They're charging $$$ for their mods? ROTFLMAO!!!

Archived