Improved Anvil v5+ and BWL

Saros

Valiant: I would assume you could insist on making your mod-forums free visible to everyone. It works with Galactygon's. If it is still as I remember from earlier, modders had a word to say on how their forum is moderated then, and it got respected (password- vs. access-restricted workrooms, deleting or remaining of spam posts [just to prevent any discussion: I mean real spam] etc.). Not that you have to, though. It is, as a principle, OK to accept the overall foum policy as a modder, of course.

Although I would like to be able to read the forums still. I would have preferred if reading would be unhindered and posting would be restricted. Actually I would prefer no restrictions but I think it is the decision of BWL admins how to give access to their forum.

The thing I don't like is that you have to pay to get the modders support for the BWL mods. There are good ones. Now download might be still free but if you encounter a problem while playing you are standing in the rain or you have to pay. This feels like BWL wants to get more paying members surreptitiously and that annoys me.

Valiant: As a modder I would protest against the fee-policy, since now you are cut from a great deal of bug reports, which are so important to improve your mod. I wouldn't know what I had done without the helpful reports from various players, members or guests. Not to mention the general feedback that gives the warm fuzzy feeling to a modder's heart.

And what guest_propably_Baronius above posted is true: Community Assets are still accessible without restrictions. I used it a lot only recently. (I would lose my last belief if it wouldn't be anymore, but that's another story.)

I would hazard a guess and say that people who are experiencing problems with a mod can ultimately email the modmaker, but you would get multiple emails with the same issue and sending fixes would also go through email a lot (since the forum is restricted). Not very handy in my opinion.

EDIT: Valiant already answered my question. For those that read it... I will admit to nothing. :)

I would hazard a guess and say that people who are experiencing problems with a mod can ultimately email the modmaker, but you would get multiple emails with the same issue and sending fixes would also go through email a lot (since the forum is restricted). Not very handy in my opinion.
More likely all the Emails will be ignored "because they were not made through the proper channels"...

And yeah, I know that this is not Baronius_himself, but anyways...

iv. The Dragon's Hoard (a lot of downloads with great speed): http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/
Have you actually looked how old those uploads are...

Classic Adventures is v0.52, not v0.46 ...

The BP is at v1.80, not 1.77 ...

Return To Trademeet is at v1.6, not v1.5 ...

The BGT-WeiDU is v1.09, not v1.07...

Just to mention a few, and were you actually Baronius, I would assume you had it on a good authority that it was from my post -that was never polished in the BWL- that even the latest Baldurdash-WeiDU Fixpack v1.6.8 was uploaded from to the dragonhoard(forum link)... after all I posted a bit earlier than MsKitty and Senka did, and it was downloaded. How I know this, because of this. Worse for you of course is that MsKitty's post refers to a post in SHSforums topic about the BWP ...

... For example, one of our new Gold Members just started saving two months ago and now he got the chance to donate to BWL and became a Gold Member.
I really hope that new members name is 'Baronius_himself', because then you would only have to replace the 'he' with an 'I' and you would be telling somewhat believable truth, yeah.

That is all.

well, I was trying to stay out of this thread for a while now since I don't want to see another anvil thread locked, but since THE MAN himself is here... I simply cannot resist anymore.

Who spends that much time writing a fake-baronius post (with links and whatnot) and then fails to remember the man never says "idiot"?

Am I the only one who thinks it's really him? Or at least I hope it's him. I was more surprised at his frequent use of "jokers" :laugh:

You see, Baro, your reputation has become so huge that you can't even be yourself anymore without people saying, "Is that really you, Baronius?" jest.gif

If you think we don't, simply avoid BWL or join "temugun" (or what was his name?) in the usual hater talks I usually never read and rather just hear about from BWL modders.

jest.gif

you could've used any insult in the book, and I wouldn't have cared much, but to deliberately mispronounce my name and act as if you don't even know me after all these years...? come on now, Baro, that's too much!!! That is the worst insult I could ever bear! :laugh:

Remember the time you spent hours "researching me" back then, analysing my posting style, you even claimed to hire some internet authorities to track my IP and other background info, waiting to 'expose' me, then later randomly picked some chap called Nataben (and maybe one or two more whose names I can't remember), then insisted I was that fellow? jest.gif

After all that, now you wanna pretend like you barely know me at all? :):D come on, Baro, our 'relationship' has lasted for almost three years now, gimme a little credit here... :laugh:

Anyway, I wanna tell you something while I'm still sober. Something that I've been holding in my chest for a while now.

I used to be a big fan of you, Baro. Did you know that? I mean, not your modding skill. But your 'swindling' skill. That is, your ability to exploit, con, manipulate, misdirect, and bamboozle others to do your bidding with relative ease.

When I first went through the thread describing 'the incident' about you and TheWizard, do you know what I did?

I *clapped*.

That's right, Baro. I got up off my chair, looked at the monitor, directly at your username, and gave you a standing ovation. s203.gifs203.gifs203.gif

"Wow. That Baronius, what a clever rascal!" I remember saying that to myself after that display of masterful, yet burlesque performance where you rerouted most of those Paypal funds off TheWizard and into your pockets. Beautiful.

I mean, you milked, sucked, squeezed everything you wanted out of him, then demonized, dehumanized, demoralized, de-younameit-ized, defiled, then deflowered (financially), then discarded, and finally banned & disposed of him like some used bloody tampon once he was of no further use to you.

It's hard to explain, but a strange, sick part of me was actually a fan of this remorseless, swindling machine... this badass, serial killer version of Baronius.

But now, you've grown 'soft' over the years. :laugh: You don't put enough effort in your money-making scams. And that is exactly what's starting to annoy me.

For instance, your recent hoax, where you tried to recruit a legion of distinguised developers to help you gain monopoly with your upcoming "IEMF/IEMT" modding tool, the so-called "WeiDU Killer", was so transparent and amateurish that no one took you seriously. Even you were so embarassed that you had to delete that IEMF/IEMT forum from public view like it was some bad memory.

Where is the passion... where is the creativity in the art of swindling?

Have you lost your "hunger", Hungarius? :puke:

By the way, if you were successful in replacing Weidu with IEMF/IEMT, how much were you planning to charge for its usage? I mean, after all, nothing's free in this world, right?

And is Valiant really blocked from accessing Sikret's forum? Even BWL modders have to pay to access forums these days? doh.gif

Does that mean Sikky is also blocked from accessing Valiant's forum? headscratch.gif Or did you play favoritism towards Sikky once again and grant him access to all forums?

Oh. So you did.

Well done, Baro. s203.gif

But I should warn you that at this rate, you could face insubordination soon if start extorting your own people, you know, the last remaining few who are still willing to stand by your side...

tch, tch, tch... how sad you've become with this lust for money :laugh:

Speaking of which, I've also heard rumors of mutiny within the Anvil forum itself.... is that true, Baro? ;) I mean, one of the IA testers... were you harsh with him recently? I heard you tried to take your anger (presumably based on me) out on him and as well as his nationality as a whole? :)

What was that all about?

Talk to me, Baro...

Talk to me.

Your loving pal,

temujin

Guest anna
And yeah, I know that this is not Baronius_himself, but anyways...
iv. The Dragon's Hoard (a lot of downloads with great speed): http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/

The BP is at v1.80, not 1.77 ...

Return To Trademeet is at v1.6, not v1.5 ...

The BGT-WeiDU is v1.09, not v1.07...

Just to mention a few, and were you actually Baronius, I would assume you had it on a good authority that it was from my post -that was never polished in the BWL- that even the latest Baldurdash-WeiDU Fixpack v1.6.8 was uploaded from to the dragonhoard(forum link)... after all I posted a bit earlier than MsKitty and Senka did, and it was downloaded. How I know this, because of this. Worse for you of course is that MsKitty's post refers to a post in SHSforums topic about the BWP ...

Funy that they ( dragon hoard ) stil mostly newer than iegmc-america that u guys here and at shs ass-lick, ex:

. . . and on iemgc its v0.41 !!!!!

U ass lickers, some of u saying dhdc spreads bad versionses of mods

it just got resent update btw i noticed

Guest Guest_Baronius_*

DHDC is indeed confusing a bit since the day its maintainer left from one moment to another. Yes, I've just done a quick update. Unfortunately, many old or unnecessary files are still around (the ones listed by one of the above posters should be up-to-date by now, though). I have very little free time usually (and often abroad).

Moreover, BWL will be further reorganized in the near future, hopefully. Our supporters will hopefully get more advantages, while some unused sections/packages might be reduced or completely removed. So enjoy the current free services as long as you can. BWL is an elite site, not in discriminating way (we don't look down anyone, and welcome everyone who approaches us with respect and accepts our difference in views compared to our 'mainstream' sites), we're elite rather in a way that we don't like troublemakers and those who want to join AND not respect our strict rules at the same time.

Baronius

The Black Wyrm's Lair

www.blackwyrmlair.net

Funy that they ( dragon hoard ) stil mostly newer than iegmc-america that u guys here and at shs ass-lick, ex:

:)

uh... sweetie, the only ass-licking going on is over at your forum where you have every single forum member massaging your's and Sikky's family jewels, while fingering your bungholes day in, day out. Anyone who refuses to bow down or even looks at you the wrong way is instantly placed under surveillance, as well as issued a threat of a ban.

TheWizard has been inactive for a looooooooooong time now. After that stressful & traumatic 'Paypal incident', he was never the same human being again. You, on the other hand, Fraudonius, have been active and healthy as a race horse all this time. So this iegmc vs dhdc is a piss-poor analogy.

And yes, you have been spreading bad, buggy versions of mods. For nearly two years, you've kept feeding v6 of the Fixpack to the public despite being notified about it. You know damn well that particular version of the fixpack had some severe bugs... and you refused to serve the accompanying hotfixes.

So who are you trying to fool here? You want to play the 'victim' now? boohoo.gif

And I recently heard from a reliable source that you threatened to ban geh4th if he doesn't kiss your ass. Now why would you do something like that, Baro? He seemed like a decent guy, no? dunnog.gif And besides, didn't he spend several hours testing IA?

OK, it's true, he refused to say the BWL mantra, "Hail Baronius! God bless Hungary! Long Live BWL," but does that really warrant a ban?

Your thoughts, Baro?

oh, and before I forget,

question for Valiant:

Some of BWL mods are still available for public on DHDC, and will remain public, THAT is for sure :)

That's good to know, Val, it seems your heart is in the right place, s203.gif

but according to the tone of Baronius' last post:

Our supporters will hopefully get more advantages, while some unused sections/packages might be reduced or completely removed. So enjoy the current free services as long as you can.

he seems to have some major plans/revisions for DHDC? What if he suddenly pulls you aside one day, and says:

oK, Val, starting from tomorrow, Tower of Deception will require a "donation" from players. This is for the benefit of BWL.

what will you say?

Would you say, "Sir, yes, sir!" and submissively obey his terms and conditions?

Or would you say/do something else?

First, and most of all, I really doubt it is Baronius, who posting here. I know him quite well, he has much more sophisticated approach to defend his ideas. I know his style a little bit. This must be someone else.

Second - When I started to create TOD years ago, I knew from the beginning it will be free of charge for anyone who wants to play it. It is my mod, it does not belong to someone else, even if there are many contributors and even it is hosted on DHDC and has its home at BWL. It means if DHDC will become a payed resource center, I´ll also upload it somewhere else for free downloading, I have no problem with it. Nobody, even Baronius (but I´m pretty sure he would never order me such thing) will force me to have it only on DHDC, just to get some money for downloading.

Third - this is my last post in this topic. I´m a modder at first, and this means that all I care of is to finish TOD completely, put it public and be helpful to all those who stuck somewhere while playing it or to tracks bugs down. Never been interested in such debates, wherever they are posted, I barely replied to such "rumors" even at BWL forums. Ultimately, such debates leads nowhere either way.

And will stick to it...:)

Guest Isleepwithgoatsyeah

:)

uh... sweetie, the only ass-licking going on is over at your forum where you have every single forum member massaging your's and Sikky's family jewels, while fingering your bungholes day in, day out. Anyone who refuses to bow down or even looks at you the wrong way is instantly placed under surveillance, as well as issued a threat of a ban.

TheWizard has been inactive for a looooooooooong time now. After that stressful & traumatic 'Paypal incident', he was never the same human being again. You, on the other hand, Fraudonius, have been active and healthy as a race horse all this time. So this iegmc vs dhdc is a piss-poor analogy.

And yes, you have been spreading bad, buggy versions of mods. For nearly two years, you've kept feeding v6 of the Fixpack to the public despite being notified about it. You know damn well that particular version of the fixpack had some severe bugs... and you refused to serve the accompanying hotfixes.

So who are you trying to fool here? You want to play the 'victim' now? boohoo.gif

And I recently heard from a reliable source that you threatened to ban geh4th if he doesn't kiss your ass. Now why would you do something like that, Baro? He seemed like a decent guy, no? dunnog.gif And besides, didn't he spend several hours testing IA?

OK, it's true, he refused to say the BWL mantra, "Hail Baronius! God bless Hungary! Long Live BWL," but does that really warrant a ban?

Your thoughts, Baro?

Care to go into details? what happened exactly there with geh4th? Spill the truth out temujin, you will not be shot. This is BAT LAND after all.

Very well, sir.

Just a month or so back, I received this surprise PM from this person.... let's call him "Mr. X" (if I mention his actual username, I have no doubt Baronius would *instantly* ban him for being a spy). This was just after BWL turned into this pay-to-view nonsense.

Anyway, Mr. X offered to give me the latest scoop (insider information) on what goes on that forum. I didn't believe him at all at the time. I simply thought he was trolling, or baiting me into some trap, so I basically brushed him off and told him I wasn't interested. (though I regret doing that now)

He said the current drama at that time was this spat between Baronius vs geh4th. geh4th said something to Sikky about his inability to get along with others, which made Baronius go into this "you Americans are stupid and arrogant" tirade (basically similar to the things I say about Hungary). And geh4th (who apparently was American) took offense. geh4th, naturally, said something back that was equally provocative.

Baronius then demanded geh4th lick his boots, otherwise he would be facing "summary execution" (<-- Baronius' own words) as a member of BWL if he didn't receive an apology soon.

Apparently, even Mr. X believed Baronius was mentally imbalanced, but none of the members spoke out. They simply took a vow of silence. Sikret was very quiet about this whole affair, since geh4th was valuable to him (as a tester).

Mr. X speculates that since geh4th didn't (apparently) pay a dime, but had access to IA (as I said, he was a tester, and IA testers get the mod for free, (whoop-de-doo!! :)) Baronius felt that he could simply bully him around (since he didn't like the idea of geh4th basically getting the mod for free).

Anyway, things cooled down after a couple days, and Baronius issued some form of pseudo-apology (i.e. "I'll say I'm sorry but I'll write 30 paragraphs to explain why I don't really mean it") according to Mr. X.

That's the story so far.

I don't know what happened to Mr. X or geh4th after that.

I'm NOT making any of this up.

You can ask the other paying members or even geh4th himself if any of what I said was true.

(shrugs) Drama. Go fig. Hey, whatever turns your crank.

There are times I wonder what the larger IE community would do if there were none, but I'd rather just ignore it all and keep modding.

come on, B... It's fun. In fact, everything about Baronius is interesting and fun. The dude is an enigma. Anyway, as an administrator, do you have access to regular members' PM box? If you do, you probably already know who Mr. X is. :)

Anyway, now that this issue is out in the open, perhaps Baronius could clarify if I made any discrepancies?

Let's hear your side of the story, Baro. What do you have to say in your defense?

And what did you do geh4th eventually? Did you "summarily execute" him? WTF does that mean anyway? You didn't kill him, did you? :puke:;):laugh: And do you know who this Mr. X may be? :)

In the interests of member privacy, no Gibberling can see any PMs not addressed to that Gibberling. IP addresses, yes; PMs, no. Don't know if it's possible for admins (theacefes or Grim Squeaker), but I can't imagine any situation where they would want to.

Archived