Can't initiate dialogue with Amber?

Guest Guest_Mike_*

Guest Guest_Mike_*

I just recently had the dialogue with Amber where she thanks you for saving her from Ymmert, and at the end of it suggested we could be more than just friends. Since this dialogue, I haven't been able to initiate dialogue with Amber -- flirts, general conversation, nothing. I've been waiting to see if the next lovetalk will fix this problem, but wondered if this has been encountered before or if this was intentional.

I currently have Minsc, Valygar, Hubelpot, Amber and Tyris Flare in my party. Tyris's romance also seems active, though I don't believe it has reached the "point of no return" yet, and I can still initiate gialogue with her. Any thoughts?

Guest Guest_Mike_*

I'm able to initiate dialogue again -- it seems that moving to the next chapter (Chapter 3) helped. Still not sure why I lost the ability to chat with her for awhile.

I'm able to initiate dialogue again -- it seems that moving to the next chapter (Chapter 3) helped. Still not sure why I lost the ability to chat with her for awhile.

Amber switches dialogue files on the fly after each dialogue she initiates with the PC. The PC initiated talks (and Amber initiated flirts) are on a different dialogue file. Maybe the script failed to make that switch after a talk. I recall that happening on very rare occasions. The good news is that it corrects itself when she initiates the next dialogue.

Archived