Forum for Halomir?

I wanted to compliment Berelinde on her Halomir charcter, but I don't see a forum here for him.

I downloaded him today, and I have been enjoying playing with him.

Is there not a forum for the character?

Berelinde, have you decided to not support the character any more? I would love to have him in ToB, especially if you are also going to write Gavin for ToB.

If anyone's interested, I did SK Hal into a fighter/thief. I needed one for my party, and he seemed like he would make a good male, swashbuckling, Han Solo type, thief.

A plain, vanilla fighter really doesn't contribute flexibly to the maximum number of players' parties, but a good male thief, especially a fighter/thief, is extremely useful to many, many kinds of parties.

One reason I like him so much, especially for my tastes and with my one small adjustment, is that Baldur's Gate and other Bioware games are terribly short on male "Indiana Jones" thieves! It seems that some of the powers-that-be in Bioware game development are really hung up on the idea of female rogues - Little Orphan Annie, that blue girl from Farscape (name, someone?), Imoen, Neeshka, Mission, Nalia, etc. etc.

What about some Indiana Jones, Han Solo, (pretty much every role Harrison Ford has ever played), Autolycus, Kirk Douglas in Romancing the Stone, the guy in KOTOR2 (name, someone?), Robin Hood, Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible, hunky MALE rogues? (Thieves, NOT Bards, i.e. can notice and disarm traps and open locks and generally bypass security setups of every type.)

Coran fits the bill perfectly in BG1, but we need a BG2 equivalent, if not Coran himself.

Vanilla Baldur's Gate always leaves me SKing Minsc, or Garrick, or Haer Daelis, or a mod character like Hal. I've even been tempted to make Anomen a rogue if his dialogues would make sense with that. (Yoshimo doesn't count, for reasons we all know.)

Please, give me a good male rogue to play with! They are exactly my type of guy. (Or at least, my type of bad-for-me guy.)

Is there not a forum for the character?
There will be one day, but in the meantime, we're using this thread.

Berelinde, have you decided to not support the character any more? I would love to have him in ToB, especially if you are also going to write Gavin for ToB.
It's still supported, and I'll be working on ToB for it when I work on ToB for the other in-progress mods.

If anyone's interested, I did SK Hal into a fighter/thief. I needed one for my party, and he seemed like he would make a good male, swashbuckling, Han Solo type, thief.

A plain, vanilla fighter really doesn't contribute flexibly to the maximum number of players' parties, but a good male thief, especially a fighter/thief, is extremely useful to many, many kinds of parties.

I've got code here that will enable you to add Haldamir to the list of NPCs affected by Level 1 NPCs, so ShadowKeeper is not necessary.

Hal is an elven single-class fighter because Domi wanted one. With all that she has given to the IE modding community over the years, she deserved a character built to her specifications. If she had expressed a desire for an ithillid bard, I would have attempted to accommodate the request. As it happened, her "wish list" included a character I wanted to write anyway, but that was just an added bonus.

One reason I like him so much, especially for my tastes and with my one small adjustment, is that Baldur's Gate and other Bioware games are terribly short on male "Indiana Jones" thieves!
You'll get your request, but it won't be Haldamir. Aran Whitehand, an NPC currently under development by cmorgan, will give you what you're looking for. By default, he's a fighter, but cmorgan is planning on making his class selectable on installation, and one of the available classes is thief. His personality will most likely satisfy your desire to have a swashbuckler with real derring-do. He'll make an excellent rogue. Plus, he's romanceable! So keep your eyes open for news of Aran Whitehand, because I think that character will satisfy your desire to have a male thief with a lot of personality and an adventurous spirt.

Archived